PDA

View Full Version : LW8 Dynamics Test #4 - ClothFX

HowardM
04-28-2004, 03:09 PM
QT test (http://www.3dink.com/clothtest8.mov)

Not so fancy, but a quick test to see if sewing clothfx, then tweaking it to be hard would work for something like a missle passing through metal.
Now all we need is someone to write an lscript that makes Sewing many jagged pieces together easier! ;)
Imagine this would look great with many hires sewn pieces that would curl nicely!

Very cool effect, to finally be able to cut polys!
:) Many unorthodox uses waiting out there!

cagey5
04-28-2004, 03:27 PM
:) I like that. Thanks Howard, it keeps us 'waiters' thinking of ways to exploit LW8's potential when it arrives.

Meaty
04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
that is good stuff howard!

*runs and checks mail*

lede
04-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Howard,

How hard would it be to put some gravity in on those peices? Mabie add a little wind?

Good test but just wanted to check some other dynamics on the paper. Also about how long did it take to setup the scene?

-Lee

colkai
04-29-2004, 04:29 AM
If I understand it correctly, it's supposed to represent 'broken' metal so looks good as it is to me.

Timing is a little off, but that could just be the playback/preview. It's just something about how the metal bends, be more use if I could say what it was that distracts me about it, sorry Howard. ;)

HowardM
04-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Well, it needs plenty more polys and jagged cuts, instead of 4 percect pieces...and of course the cloth settings need tweaking for a harder metal feel.
only a test! I would do a better one but sewing is such a pain when youve got detailed hires broken models....think Ill wait for that lscript!?
;)