PDA

View Full Version : My plane

jc_aika
03-20-2003, 08:55 PM
I am a Lightwave noob.......I need to complete a light wave project for my I.T Course............can someone give me some ideas to improve my plane.......or help me edit play plane.....I would be happy to listen any comments.....thx....I hope some of you guys can help me out thx

jc_aika
03-20-2003, 09:04 PM
herez the pic

blinblue
03-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Looks pretty nice, but there are a LOT of polys in there, you might want to reduce some of them, as 7000 is kinda a lot for something like that. But I can't say anything bad about it, because I could really make any better.

d8ed
03-21-2003, 08:29 PM
post this in the WIP area. i dont see what it has to do with support. and post jpgs or tiffs or some other image format. there's no need for a pdf file. it's also very hard to see. so do a render or take a capture from a maximized viewport so we can see it up close. the basic design is nice but it definitely seems as if you've gone polygon crazy on this one. and since when is IT requiring 3D courses? heh that's just funny..

d8ed
03-21-2003, 08:48 PM
sorry i didnt realize the first file was an object.. yeah lots of polys.. and it seems as if you modeled most of your parts from spheres.. there's no need to use that many subdivisions. do you know about subpatches? pick a mesh and hit tab and you'll see what i'm talking about. it smoothes between points and gives you a much lighter rounded shape without all those points you've got in there. i'd also recommend you start with a box instead of spheres for your basic modeling. it's highly recommended to try to stick to 4 sided polygons when using subpatches. you could easily cut down your polygons by about 80%. it's not only easier to render but also allows for a much higher level editing so you're only moving a few points instead of a hundred or two to edit your shape.

jc_aika
03-22-2003, 07:25 AM
THX d8ed!!! thx alot................as i said i am a newbie for 3d animation...........so i thought that polygon will help to smooth my plane......................-_-.............thx for ur comment ...............i will edit it right now = )

jc_aika
03-22-2003, 07:26 AM
my I.T course is grade 10 TGJ...............

d8ed
03-22-2003, 08:17 AM
i have no idea what grade 10 TGJ is.. maybe you're using IT in a different way than i am.. it's nice to see Lightwave being taught in school. as far as lots of polygons to smooth out your model.. you're correct about that.. smooth shapes require lots of polygons so that the angle between the polygons is low. subpaches or subdivision surfaces as they're called in some other packages, are built for that sort of thing. also play with the "smoothing" checkbox in the surface editor. it's at the bottom right. it attempts to smooth between polygons within a user defined angle. it'll help your non subpatched meshes look smoother.

jc_aika
03-22-2003, 07:05 PM
herez some lightwave movies done by our school students.........

http://archive.cdnis.edu.hk/Year2001-2002/gradesfolder/grade10new.html