PDA

View Full Version : Troubles with LW7.5B

CGPlanet
03-20-2003, 09:36 PM
I have noticed a bottleneck working with LW7.5B on an athlon pc. I do not know if anyone else has had a bottleneck. But rendering in LW crashes almost everytime. Perhaps it is because I loaded the DirectX 9 or perhaps there is a clash between LW7.5B and VT2 latest release 3890.

Thanks

cubefarm
03-25-2003, 10:00 AM
Yep, I had some problems with 7.5b. It would crash at the end of a render - I am on an Athlon system as well. I eventually went back to 7.5.

Cheers, jb.

CGPlanet
03-25-2003, 08:31 PM
CGPlanet has also reverted back to 7.5. We also have an athlon vaio notebook pc and it has not crashed yet. Which has DirectX9 but does not have VT2 3890. We wonder what it would be like without LW and actually that is how we get things done. What we have noticed is we can render in other programs, then winrtme says it must close. when too much ram or pc power is used. So apparently it is something with VT2. I believe it has to do with the Hub being kind of king of my system. All relating back to the new Aura to LW connection in the hub. If it can't keep working we will have to do something different, or use something different.

Freak
03-26-2003, 04:20 AM
Layout 7.5b, is definately crashing more on my system too.
Restarting layout and reloading the scene, and it usually works
the 2nd time. So i can never repeat the problem,
but it's dropping back to windows, far more frequently.

And when using the hub, Layout seems much more unstable.
Modeler seems to work fine though.
I wouldn't say it's really unstable, but much less so than 7.5.

I am using the latest VIA drivers, so that may be a concern..
But 7.5, seems to have no such problems.
I'm not running DX9

DirectX9 has been known to cause problems though.
Even DirectX9a was just pulled from the MS site, because of more major bugs.