just a silly little question? :D

how many swiss user are here?:confused:

florian

btw. anyone got lw8? ;)

JeF
04-28-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by flohtzke
btw. anyone got lw8? ;)

Not yet.. But i'm confident it will be there by the end of the week.

:rolleyes:

flohtzke
04-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Not yet.. But i'm confident it will be there by the end of the week.

i hope it will...:rolleyes:

florian

Lynx3d
04-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Hm they claimed to have them all out at the end of this month, so 2 (or maybe 4 with shipping) more days to be optimistic...

Am not from Switzerland, but at least there's a good chance i can understand your language :D
(i even remember some french word from school :o )
And on nice days i can see the Alps!

flohtzke
04-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Lynx3d

Am not from Switzerland, but at least there's a good chance i can understand your language :D
(i even remember some french word from school :o )
And on nice days i can see the Alps!

so let me guess, you speak german :D ,

i'm from a town which also exist in germany...

fribourg or better know as ...

Freiburg im Üchtland :cool:

gruss flo(h)rian

Tonton1
04-28-2004, 02:41 PM
One more Swiss here (Lausanne).

JeF
04-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Tonton1
One more Swiss here (Lausanne).

Ben vous êtes plusieurs sur Lausanne dis donc. Faudrait faire un rassemblement une fois pour parler un peu de LW8.

Florian do you live in Fribourg or outside the "city"?

Tonton1
04-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Pourquoi pas. D'autant que je ne connais pas d'autre Lightwaver que moi :(

JeF
04-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Pourquoi pas.

Yep c'est sur. Moi je suis sur Lausanne assez souvent.

What about a Swiss meeting for LW user.
You aren't that far away neither Florian. I guess nothing isn't that far away in our little country.

Lynx3d
04-28-2004, 11:55 PM
so let me guess, you speak german :D ,

i'm from a town which also exist in germany...

fribourg or better know as ...

Freiburg im Üchtland :cool:

gruss flo(h)rian

Hehe, guessed correctly.
Actually, i bought my Lightwave 6 in Switzerland...but if i had known Newtek cuts the prices THAT much i'd have waited half a year and bought a new LW7... :rolleyes:

garg
04-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Another one here... WITH LW8 :-)

Alain Bertrand

JeF
04-29-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by garg

Alain Bertrand

Damn.. Still nothing.. When did you order the update?
Did it come via regular mail?

garg
04-29-2004, 03:53 AM
Ordered it either August or Septembre last year (I do not remember). It come with a priority normal post letter.

Alain Bertrand

flohtzke
04-29-2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by JeF
What about a Swiss meeting for LW user.
You aren't that far away neither Florian. I guess nothing isn't that far away in our little country.

Ouaaais! let's do a LW-SWISS_MEETING! let's say....when everyone got his lw8....

je suis partant pour un meeting!

:D

a plus florian

flohtzke
04-29-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by JeF
Florian do you live in Fribourg or outside the "city"?

yesh inside the citY in the old-town part of the town , "la basse" , like we say...:)

c ya florian

flohtzke
04-29-2004, 04:10 AM

Alain Bertrand

s'lut Alain!

when did you get your copy ??

arrg! i'm not at home today and tomorow i'm in basel so i can't even look if my lw8 is comming....
:(

and you alain what'z'about a swiss meeting...

Florian

JeF
04-29-2004, 04:16 AM
Ordered it either August or Septembre last year (I do not remember). It come with a priority normal post letter.

Alain Bertrand

Cool.. Same as me.. Ordered end of august via NT Europe.. Grrr. Starting to worry about my package...

:eek:

garg
04-29-2004, 05:11 AM
Got it yeasterday... For the swiss user meeting why not... Depends on the dates. I will be 3 weeks military services in June so not there :-)

Alain

JeF
04-29-2004, 05:28 AM
We definitly have to to a Swiss LW meeting.
There are some user who don't come on this board often or not at all but i might give them a call if we plan a meeting.

We surely don't speak the same language (french/german) but i'm sure when it comes to speak about LW8 experience we can understand each other pretty well ;)

garg
04-29-2004, 05:43 AM
For the language I speak French (mother language), Italian (fluent), German (just the needed for been understood), and of course English (good) :-) so for me it should not be a problem to speak with some of you...

Alain

Tonton1
04-29-2004, 10:37 AM
OK, I'm in.

Where and when ? How many of us is there anyway ?

flohtzke
04-29-2004, 02:09 PM
OK, I'm in.

Where and when ? How many of us is there anyway ?

well i'm in too :D

i think we should wait until everyone got lw8.5 äh LW8....:p

i don't know howmany we are, --> lets make a official "swissLW-search" treat to know howmany people in switzerland use lightwave...

btw. i speak german and french (mother- and ,father-language), and a just little bit english.... :( as you can read...:D

c ya bis bald et à bientôt... florian

Tonton1
04-30-2004, 07:33 AM
OK. I propose a restaurant in Lausanne, if most of you are around here.

Does (did) anyone listen to Couleur 3 ? I used to work there (Hatman) so maybe some of you know my voice :D .

JeF
04-30-2004, 08:18 AM
OK. I propose a restaurant in Lausanne, if most of you are around here.

Good idea.. I bet it's a bit late for a fondue in a chalet far away in the snowy mountains.. Damn summer.

Does (did) anyone listen to Couleur 3 ? I used to work there (Hatman) so maybe some of you know my voice :D .

Mmm.. Not sure about that but we may well have allready met eachother.

JeF
04-30-2004, 08:25 AM
btw. i speak german and french (mother- and ,father-language), and a just little bit english.... :( as you can read...:D

c ya bis bald et à bientôt... florian

I'm sorry on this one but for my sanity i had to stop trying to learn german.. :)

For the Swiss meeting, we also have to contact "Dies Irae". He is also from Lausanne. I haven't see him here recently but he hangout really often in #cgtalk irc channel.
Will try to catch him.
There is also some VT3/LW user around in swiss romandy but i lost contact with them. I guess it's swisscom directories searching time!

Out for the week-end.

"tschuss"

:rolleyes:

flohtzke
04-30-2004, 12:07 PM

quoi tu est LE HATMAN???? coool sur that i know couleur3

flohtzke
04-30-2004, 12:10 PM
quoi tu est LE HATMAN???? coool sur that i know couleur3

ok i crois that i muss stop mixing die langues.....:D

btw. still no lightwave 8 for me snifff:(

florian

Tonton1
04-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Of course I'm Hatman, here's a proof :

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaà bientôt pour de nouvelles (vieilles) aventures.

Jef : where do you think we could have met ?

flohtzke
04-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Of course I'm Hatman, here's a proof :

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaà bientôt pour de nouvelles (vieilles) aventures.

ah oui ah oui! ça ressemble...:D

what does hatman do with lightwave ?

and did you get your lw 8?

a+ florian

Tonton1
04-30-2004, 03:49 PM
I haven't ordered LW8, so no LW8.

I have been an video editor mostly. But I've used LW for some commercials. For example I've done some 3D lighters and an ashtray for cigarette ads in Naville shops.

But perhaps I'll use some 3D for the return of Hatman... ;) This time not on the radio...

flohtzke
04-30-2004, 04:30 PM
But perhaps I'll use some 3D for the return of Hatman... ;) This time not on the radio...

a 3d hatman story lol would be great...

JeF
05-05-2004, 06:01 AM
Ok.. Let's get organised about this.
We have to settle a date.

So please, contact me via PM.

:p

JeF
05-05-2004, 06:21 AM
Ok, starting slowly to PM all swiss users listed here..

Sorry if i have PM you twice ;)

Romizer
05-06-2004, 04:33 AM
Hello there

i'm a LW enthusiast for more then 8 years now.

im still waiting for my copy of 8.

cheers

Romizer

flohtzke
05-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Romizer

i'm a LW enthusiast for more then 8 years now.

Romizer

hello romizer

8 year WOW a lot more than i :)

florian

Romizer
05-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I've tried many different 3D Tools besides, but now oder give me the same freedome to made computer art in a easy way like LW for this price!

Romizer

sleiron
05-07-2004, 04:04 AM
a BIG hello , salue, ciao and hoi :)

to all Swiss LW users!

Just found out about this thread and it would be great to do a Swiss LW Gathering!

I'm just into LW (still no v8 over here in Zurich) and I am studing every free minute
a tutorial about this great soft...

So could someone update me about the proposed LW gathering?

Who's from Zurich by the way?

cheers
sleiron

flohtzke
05-07-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by sleiron
a BIG hello , salue, ciao and hoi :)

to all Swiss LW users!

Just found out about this thread and it would be great to do a Swiss LW Gathering!

I'm just into LW (still no v8 over here in Zurich) and I am studing every free minute
a tutorial about this great soft...

So could someone update me about the proposed LW gathering?

Who's from Zurich by the way?

cheers
sleiron

hello sleiron

JEF has contact via PM nearly every swiss lw-user, to now how much we are,
i think now we had to wait until most of those answer him...,and every day they are comming coool (i have never think, that we are so much Lightwave user in this small land, this is great:D )
we will see where we will make the meeting.

btw. i'm from fribourg

c ya florian

sleiron
05-07-2004, 04:43 AM
ciao Florian

I'm happy too, having found some LW users in small Heidiland...

Btw: how many are we then in total numbers?

Lausanne, Fribourg - would be great for a meeting. Out of the big city - an I like to travel in Switzerland... ;)

cheers
sleiron

JeF
05-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Lausanne, Fribourg - would be great for a meeting. Out of the big city - an I like to travel in Switzerland... ;)

Ehehe :)
When you live in Wallis, Lausanne or Fribourg looks allready like a big city!

I'm happy to see new LW users in our small country, can't wait for this "gathering". :D

flohtzke
05-07-2004, 05:06 AM
well actually i really don't know howmany we are:D , but JEF send about 50 PM (private mails ) to swiss people who use or had use this forum :D
well anywhere would be fun for a meeting ( and fribourg is a beautiful small town hehehehehe)but i think it will depends were the majority lives ,

also we have to wait until lightwave 8 comes out..

:( :mad: :confused: arrggg arggrgr snifff bouhahaha grrr still no lw 8 for me

but i can wait.....
2 or 3 hours ;)

weeks ?
weeks ...hmm ok
what ...wait
WEEKS until it comes
arrggggg....
and so on and so on
etc.

c ya the waiting florian

flohtzke
05-07-2004, 05:10 AM
fribourg --> big city... WoW i live in a big city YESH!!!:D

...well it also depends where you live in fribourg or other cities in switerland

:D

i live in the old-town of fribourg so it looks like a village... everyone knows everyone...

c ya

JeF
05-07-2004, 05:12 AM
but i can wait.....
2 or 3 hours ;)

weeks ?
weeks ...hmm ok
what ...wait
WEEKS until it comes
arrggggg....
and so on and so on
etc.

I think you will be deceived again today.. I guess we have to be patient.. Time will come..
And LW 7.5 isn't a dead cow either..

For the meeting place it's up to you. I don't have or drive car but CFF can bring me everywhere (like LW). :)

sleiron
05-07-2004, 05:15 AM
I really begin to wonder how many LW users there are in Europe....because if Newtek really has to ship the upgrades in 'portions' day by day....in alphabetical
order...wow! :D we are many in Europe!

And my surname begins with 'B' and I havent received anything yet!

On the other hand: propably there is just one person at Newtek Europe to ship everything...hihihi... ;)

So for the gathering, waiting for 8 is ok as I am heavily 'booked' for the next few weekends...June would be ok, there I see some light.....(wave! hopefully!! :D :D :D )

cheers
sleiron

JeF
05-07-2004, 05:23 AM
fribourg --> big city... WoW i live in a big city YESH!!!:D
...well it also depends where you live in fribourg or other cities in switerland

Cities are great to go out, but when you are used to live in the mountains it's hard to stay in a city with all those cars and gray buildings.
I also have to admit Fribourg is a nice place to live.

flohtzke
05-07-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by JeF
Cities are great to go out, but when you are used to live in the mountains it's hard to stay in a city with all those cars and gray buildings.

yesh you right! this is the reason why i live in the "basse", here we have still small buildings , a those green things around us, but i also nothing compare to wallis or graubünden...

ok it looks like a freezer, but this speed- moddeling should be my empty letterbox , who is waiting for lw8

JeF
05-07-2004, 05:34 AM
LOL
Nice one.

Today mine was full. I received my HDRI steel balls from Badlarma, it makes up for the w8ting.

flohtzke
05-07-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by JeF
LOL
Nice one.

Today mine was full. I received my HDRI steel balls from Badlarma, it makes up for the w8ting.

you mean those lightprobe globes or some hdri files?

JeF
05-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Lightprobes sphere.

I might post some free hdri with free background images soon.. But i will have to wait for the sun ;)

flohtzke
05-07-2004, 05:49 AM
yesh those are great

i had buy one in Cachet, those little store with everythings who nobody :D no no those store are quiet allright

JeF
05-07-2004, 05:54 AM
yesh those are great
i had buy one in Cachet, those little store with everythings who nobody :D no no those store are quiet allright

Yep i also did buy one in Cachet. But those aren't steel one and not reflective enough :(

Custom hdri files and reflection maps are really important when dealing with architectural viz.

flohtzke
05-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by JeF
Yep i also did buy one in Cachet. But those aren't steel one and not reflective enough :(

Custom hdri files and reflection maps are really important when dealing with architectural viz.

yep you are right but for me little mortal the one i have is quit allright:D

JeF
05-07-2004, 06:24 AM
yep you are right but for me little mortal the one i have is quit allright:D

I like this expression (in french).. Aren't we all "simple mortals" after all?

For the quality of the probes you don't need an expensive high resolution camera or so as long as your ball is perfectly spherical. Cheap solution for great renders.

I might put some tutorial about HDRI creation and 360° background images for lightwave on my website soon.

flohtzke
05-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by JeF
I like this expression (in french).. Aren't we all "simple mortals" after all?

For the quality of the probes you don't need an expensive high resolution camera or so as long as your ball is perfectly spherical. Cheap solution for great renders.

I might put some tutorial about HDRI creation and 360° background images for lightwave on my website soon.

yep you're right.

cool thanks ! and some free alps-hdri-files would be great too hehehe

other question how much has your sphere cost?

btw. just for fun ...did that last summer 2003 :D

JeF
05-07-2004, 06:44 AM
Yup, they aren't that cheap but it's cheaper than chinese health ball. You can find them at Badlarma site here: http://www.paintboxstudios.com/

Here is a 180° planar cutaway from a 360° background +hdri shooting i made for a client (http://www.deviantart.com/view/6580845/).
I did the hdri the old way with a spherical pano head (long process).

flohtzke
05-07-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by JeF
Yup, they aren't that cheap but it's cheaper than chinese health ball. You can find them at Badlarma site here: http://www.paintboxstudios.com/

Here is a 180° planar cutaway from a 360° background +hdri shooting i made for a client (http://www.deviantart.com/view/6580845/).
I did the hdri the old way with a spherical pano head (long process).

cool thanks for the information!
:cool: great pictures also!

JeF
05-07-2004, 08:24 AM
ok it looks like a freezer, but this speed- moddeling should be my empty letterbox , who is waiting for lw8

Humph.. Checked my box at home.. Looks definitly empty..
I guess it will be for next week..

http://www.inverse.ch/images/eos/hdri_postbox.jpg

Librarian
05-07-2004, 08:51 AM
For further information write a mail to NT Europe. I received mail and its said that it will be there in 3 to 4 weeks!!!! My god, what about end of april?
Why did all and everything took so long for Newtek? What`s this crap about express mail???
Now it`ll be June http://www.cgtalk.com/images/smilies/cry.gif .
Ordered over a year ago and other people in Europe who ordered it the last few weeks already received it.
Could someone at NT Europe explain this
:mad: :mad:

benhaines
05-07-2004, 09:23 AM
In Geneva temporarily... so I guess you can't call me swiss although I've spent most of my life in Zurich :)

We should meet up :)

Regards, Ben

flohtzke
05-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JeF
Humph.. Checked my box at home.. Looks definitly empty..
I guess it will be for next week..

http://www.inverse.ch/images/eos/hdri_postbox.jpg

pretty sad all those empty letterboxes....:(

dies-irae
05-09-2004, 05:58 PM
HAHAHAHA
j'y crois pas!
quand j'ai vu ton pm jef j'ai pense' OUII!!
c'est incroyable combient on est!(et combient on est ici a' lausanne en plus :eek: )

gonna be around more often to decide on when or where, i dont mind moving around, but if it's in lausanne it's even easier!
btw, i live next to the train station, so if anyone needs a roof, you're more than welcome!

sadly no lw[8] yet for me (par contre le studio pour lequel je bosse au tessin va le recevoir bientot j'éspère!)

about probes and stuff, it's not exactly related, but here's what i did to test the RAW format of my new canon eos 300d. Some of you might recognize the place ;) (link (http://www.dies-irae.com/leman.mov))

(another test (http://www.dies-irae.com/chambre.mov),the lights from the window are the train station in lausanne :D)

JeF
05-10-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by dies-irae
about probes and stuff, it's not exactly related, but here's what i did to test the RAW format of my new canon eos 300d. Some of you might recognize the place ;)

Ehehe, funny je passe par là (le truc qui brille dans la fenêtre) dans 25 minutes pour rentrer sur le Valais. ;)
Sinon marrant de voir un autre utilisateur de 300D.. T'a utilisé un trépied à correction nodale pour le *.mov?

dies-irae
05-10-2004, 07:07 AM
hehe, fallait me dire, je t'aurais fait "ciao ciao" de la fenetre :D

pour les mov, j'ai fait à la main pour le lac et en posant l'appareil sur une chaise dans l'autre. J'étais surpris des résultats qu'on obtient meme sans être trop précis.
Je dois juste trouver comment faire le stitching avec des images en 16bit (mon programme a 2 balles n'y arrive étonnamment pas :P)

JeF
05-10-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by dies-irae
hehe, fallait me dire, je t'aurais fait "ciao ciao" de la fenetre :D

Ehehe, j'ai regardé mais trop de fenêtres :)

pour les mov, j'ai fait à la main pour le lac et en posant l'appareil sur une chaise dans l'autre. J'étais surpris des résultats qu'on obtient meme sans être trop précis.
Je dois juste trouver comment faire le stitching avec des images en 16bit (mon programme a 2 balles n'y arrive étonnamment pas :P)

Mmm.. Pas vu celui du lac.. Sinon pour le stitchage moi j'utilise Panotools avec PTGui (entre autre) et ca marche sans problème avec les RAW en 16 bit (il convertit pas en 8 bit). Te filerais les références.

Tonton1
05-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Tu as des réponses JeF ?

loebek
05-14-2004, 02:43 AM
hello
yes, im also from switzerland.
zuerich.

would be great for a meeting. i have the room (office/internet/beamer)

for about up to 6 people.

http://gallery.lightwavers.net

cu
thomas

sleiron
05-14-2004, 03:34 AM
hello Thomas

good to see also a Lightwaver from Zueri!

thanks for the proposal of the room/meeting.

let's see if we can gather together in June?

Did you get LW8 yet?

cheers
sleiron

flohtzke
05-14-2004, 07:52 AM
hello Thomas

good to see also a Lightwaver from Zueri!

thanks for the proposal of the room/meeting.

let's see if we can gather together in June?

Did you get LW8 yet?

cheers
sleiron
:D june cool.... but wouldn't it be better if we wait until everyone get his lightwave 8 (at least those who wait for it...)?

florian
i'm w8ing w8ing w8ing for lw8

sleiron
05-14-2004, 08:59 AM
no problem - could be a month later or two, depending also on who's gonna be off for the summer.

cheers
sleiron

flohtzke
05-14-2004, 04:03 PM
no problem - could be a month later or two, depending also on who's gonna be off for the summer.

cheers
sleiron

jop you're right, i mean june would be the best month for me but i don't know if i will allready have my lw8 then....:(

florian

dies-irae
05-25-2004, 02:57 PM
sooooooo?
any news about the meeting?
i know it would be good if we all have [8] already, but i know i wont get mine before 2 months, and i smell summer out there, which means barbecues on the lake shores and that kind of things :D!

then again it is true that exams are due in 3 weeks :eek:

benhaines
05-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Salut,

mid june is fine by me too. If necessary I also have a place for people to meet and potentially crash! (english term for sleeping over)

The lake, amongst other things, is beautiful down here... ;)

I'm not too worried about having [8] before we meet, I'm sure we'd have enough to talk about without it. Personally I haven't bought it! LOL

Regards, Ben

benhaines
05-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Didn't make it clear... I was proposing Geneva :)

flohtzke
05-26-2004, 03:53 AM
mid june... well i have only one week-end left in june... thats the 12-13 june...:(

but barBQ and all other great-summer-things would be soo cooooool :cool: :D

nigebabe
05-26-2004, 04:30 AM
Hi,

My name is Nigel and I am English but work and live in Switzerland, just outside of Luzern.

I recieved LW 8 last Friday (21 May) for all of you Swiss guys waiting.

sleiron
05-26-2004, 05:04 AM
Hi Nigel

Thanks for the feedback!

Now it can't be any much longer until we hopefully get 8. It's just about the right time, I just finished an intensive phase at work.

Are you working in the media industry i.e.
with LW8?

Let's keep fingers crossed! :D

cheers
sleiron

flohtzke
05-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by nigebabe

I recieved LW 8 last Friday (21 May) for all of you Swiss guys waiting.

hi nigel
so you 're a lucky englishman in switzerland!:)
i can't speak for the other but i didn't recieved my lightwave 8 :( :( :confused: i really don't know why i have to wait that long arrggggggggggggggg
please let it be here soon
pleaaaaasssseeeee

mouse_art
05-26-2004, 02:36 PM
Hups i haven't seen this thread yet.

I'm not a "Basler läckerli" but BL.

I recieved my 8 for 3 weeks ago.

I will be 3 weeks military services

Me too, but in July. :/

flohtzke
05-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by mouse_art

I'm not a "Basler läckerli" but BL.

hello mouse art

BL! Basel-Land ?
cool i'm in Basel City and Birsfelden (<--BL) today but only today...tomorow i go back to my sweet fribourg

and i still didt recieved my lightwave 8 ...well maybe tomorow when i'm back home there will be a surprise:D

c ya flo who is still waiting snifff:(

mouse_art
05-27-2004, 09:20 AM
well maybe tomorow when i'm back home there will be a surprise

Ah cool have an nice day in BS. ;) and I hope for you, and all wich did not recieved 8 yet , the best surprise soon. :)

Nico75
05-29-2004, 04:41 AM
Hi,

I live in Geneva !

I recieved LW 8 on 28th May.
I use LW, you can see my works on my web site :
www.digitalmirages.com

Nicolas.

flohtzke
05-29-2004, 08:44 AM
YESH!!!
thanks NEWTEK!