PDA

View Full Version : For NEWTEK Engeeners

silviotoledo
04-28-2004, 07:41 AM
NEW SUGESTIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM

DINAMIC PARENT

This is too important and I don't know why it's not yet done!
How will I animate a character that pick an object and keep it in his hands???????

SLOW IN AND SLOW OUT IN GRAPH EDITOR

Now we can't do it without expressions. This is a basic principle of animation!

BONES INFLUENCE AREA REVIEW

When we have only one bone and a big weightmap for this bone Other bones makes non desireD interference on that weight map.
If I choose weight map only, there will be a crazy bone tension that deforms the object. So weightmaps does not control in a good way the bones influence

area.

INTERFACE REVIEW

too much tools for doing the same thing in modeler, specially the aditionals. Why don't to it clean, integrating the tools that does the same?

GENERAL EDITING

does not allow us to edit mulple surface at the same time. Sometime it does, but not always.
does not allow to edit multiple object at the same time. For example, to create a disolve envelope for multiple objects at the same time.
when saving envelope to apply to other object I will have to
save it several times for each channel. This is crazy!
general MD dissolve envelope - So you can stop the MD where do you want

VOLUMETRICS IMPROVEMENT

smoke borders
Volum morph - one form does not transforms on the other
paint effects

INCORPORATING PLUGINS

SSS
RADIOSITY PREVIEW ( worley )

PRODUCTIVE TOOLS

Basic Human skeleton with IK and FK setup for automatic use ( it will include 4 arms, and an easy way to edit )
Basic 4 legs animal skeleton with IK and FK
Allow bigger area work on vertex paint.

NEW TECHNOLOGIES

Morph between different shapes without the same number of points - you just choose some basic points and their position on the final model.
Subpatch mode for poligons with 5 or more vertices
New softbody dinamycs
implement a diferent subdivision value for painted areas in layout
parametric folder patterns ( that can be applyed in painted areas ) to simulate cloth folders
Instancing.
Weightmaps integrated with Motion Desigh for complex and realistic efects
Muscles ( different bones shapes with different properties )
Skin deform Tools

silviotoledo
04-28-2004, 03:39 PM
THE SEQUENCE EDITOR ALSO HAVE SEVERAL PROBLEMS. SOMETIMES IT SKIPS OR FOWARDS FRAMES AND HOLD DOES NOT FUNCTION SO GOOD AS IN LIGHTWAVE 5.6.

AND PLEASE, BACK THAT PREVIEW WE HAD IN 5.6 FOR WIREFRAME ( WITHOUT OPEN GL SUPPORT ). IT'S TOO FAST ( REALTIME ) TO VISUALIZE ANIMATION. ACTUALLY WE HAVE TO WAIT A LONG TIME TO GENERATE AN AVI TO MAKE IMPROVEMENTS ON THE TIMING OF THE ANIMATION.

pixelinfected
04-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by silviotoledo
NEW SUGESTIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM

DINAMIC PARENT

This is too important and I don't know why it's not yet done!
How will I animate a character that pick an object and keep it in his hands???????

from 7.5, is called Parenter, you can find it under motion plugins.

SLOW IN AND SLOW OUT IN GRAPH EDITOR

Now we can't do it without expressions. This is a basic principle of animation!

edit the node with tension, 1 -1 and you have the change of speed, or you manipulate the shape of incoming or outgoing curve and you have it.

BONES INFLUENCE AREA REVIEW

When we have only one bone and a big weightmap for this bone Other bones makes non desireD interference on that weight map.
If I choose weight map only, there will be a crazy bone tension that deforms the object. So weightmaps does not control in a good way the bones influence

area.

weight map need an heavy review for concept and optimization.
good point

INTERFACE REVIEW

too much tools for doing the same thing in modeler, specially the aditionals. Why don't to it clean, integrating the tools that does the same?

better, a new and rewritten tools which collect and reoganize many tools, but actually newtek engeneer need to understand why and when original developer did that, and for what request, and that need time.

GENERAL EDITING

does not allow us to edit mulple surface at the same time. Sometime it does, but not always.
does not allow to edit multiple object at the same time. For example, to create a disolve envelope for multiple objects at the same time.
when saving envelope to apply to other object I will have to
save it several times for each channel. This is crazy!
general MD dissolve envelope - So you can stop the MD where do you want

VOLUMETRICS IMPROVEMENT

smoke borders
Volum morph - one form does not transforms on the other
paint effects

INCORPORATING PLUGINS

SSS
RADIOSITY PREVIEW ( worley )

PRODUCTIVE TOOLS

Basic Human skeleton with IK and FK setup for automatic use ( it will include 4 arms, and an easy way to edit )
Basic 4 legs animal skeleton with IK and FK
Allow bigger area work on vertex paint.

buy the setup machine, work well and fast, only 120$

NEW TECHNOLOGIES

Morph between different shapes without the same number of points - you just choose some basic points and their position on the final model.
Subpatch mode for poligons with 5 or more vertices
New softbody dinamycs
implement a diferent subdivision value for painted areas in layout
parametric folder patterns ( that can be applyed in painted areas ) to simulate cloth folders
Instancing.
Weightmaps integrated with Motion Desigh for complex and realistic efects
Muscles ( different bones shapes with different properties )
Skin deform Tools

[/QUOTE]

oh god, that request need a big rewritten of layout, for many reason, you can't see that until 9 or 10 probably.

[QUOTE]

pooby
04-29-2004, 05:02 PM
the current parenter is very basic and has no blending ability.. it really does need an update.. why try to stop improvements? I dont understand it.. Do you want software that doesn't develop?