PDA

View Full Version : For Newtek Engineers

silviotoledo
04-28-2004, 07:36 AM
NEW SUGESTIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM

DINAMIC PARENT

This is too important and I don't know why it's not yet done!
How will I animate a character that pick an object and keep it in his hands???????

SLOW IN AND SLOW OUT IN GRAPH EDITOR

Now we can't do it without expressions. This is a basic principle of animation!

BONES INFLUENCE AREA REVIEW

When we have only one bone and a big weightmap for this bone Other bones makes non desireD interference on that weight map.
If I choose weight map only, there will be a crazy bone tension that deforms the object. So weightmaps does not control in a good way the bones influence

area.

INTERFACE REVIEW

too much tools for doing the same thing in modeler, specially the aditionals. Why don't to it clean, integrating the tools that does the same?

GENERAL EDITING

does not allow us to edit mulple surface at the same time. Sometime it does, but not always.
does not allow to edit multiple object at the same time. For example, to create a disolve envelope for multiple objects at the same time.
when saving envelope to apply to other object I will have to
save it several times for each channel. This is crazy!
general MD dissolve envelope - So you can stop the MD where do you want

VOLUMETRICS IMPROVEMENT

smoke borders
Volum morph - one form does not transforms on the other
paint effects

INCORPORATING PLUGINS

SSS
RADIOSITY PREVIEW ( worley )

PRODUCTIVE TOOLS

Basic Human skeleton with IK and FK setup for automatic use ( it will include 4 arms, and an easy way to edit )
Basic 4 legs animal skeleton with IK and FK
Allow bigger area work on vertex paint.

NEW TECHNOLOGIES

Morph between different shapes without the same number of points - you just choose some basic points and their position on the final model.
Subpatch mode for poligons with 5 or more vertices
New softbody dinamycs
implement a diferent subdivision value for painted areas in layout
parametric folder patterns ( that can be applyed in painted areas ) to simulate cloth folders
Instancing.
Weightmaps integrated with Motion Desigh for complex and realistic efects
Muscles ( different bones shapes with different properties )
Skin deform Tools

Johnny9ball
04-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Shouldent this go in Feature Requests forum.

silviotoledo
04-28-2004, 03:32 PM
yes! it was also posted at the featue request folder, but I think more people need to agree with these functions.

another request:

PLEASE CORRECT THE SEQUENCE EDITOR FROM LW. IT ALWAYS CRASH!

colkai
04-29-2004, 04:00 AM
Slow in Slow out - what about TCB - ya standard animation spline gives this, always has.

I'd suggest if you post your request, you maybe try to be less confrontational and they may gain a more sypathetic ear.

firstsingle
04-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Also, you may want to do a search for plug-ins that can assist in some of your needs. I found a Free dynamic parent plug-in just by doing a search on this forum.

colkai
04-29-2004, 08:52 AM
My favorite artist is 'God' Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Ahh - but did he use LW0.00000000001 to pre-viz it ;)

firstsingle
04-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by colkai
Ahh - but did he use LW0.00000000001 to pre-viz it ;)

You know. That could be the reason why I'm so adicted to LW:D

silviotoledo
04-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Why am I agressive?
Just because everytime I post something I never hear from Newtek development team something like. Ok, we will take a look at this and we will work on it if it's really necesary.
The always say nothing. So, going a little more agressive maybe they will look at it.

yeah, TBC controls in graph editor will create slow in and slow out, but it's not the same. Traditional animators will understand this.

I have several free plugins for doing dinamic parent and I also have a way for doing this using a combination of 3 null objects, but wjat i want is that they include it because this is a basic operation for animation.

colkai
04-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by silviotoledo
I have several free plugins for doing dinamic parent and I also have a way for doing this using a combination of 3 null objects, but wjat i want is that they include it because this is a basic operation for animation.

So what you are saying is, you currently have something in place to do this, yet you make it sound like there is nothing in place to do it.
On top of the options you currently have, can't expressions be used for dynamic parenting? Where you would use the position/rotation of the 'parent', you could then presumably also animate this by tying it to some sort of controller Null/channel.
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've seen this sort of setup.