PDA

View Full Version : OK Canada...Its Here!

erich
04-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Got my 8 today. About to install it :) :)

Shouldn't be long before you all get yours now ah!

xeno3d
04-27-2004, 12:58 PM
woohoo! :)

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by erich
Got my 8 today. About to install it :) :)

Shouldn't be long before you all get yours now ah!
wicked news man I shure hope the rest of us get ours soon woo hoo!have fun man:D

pblacklock
04-27-2004, 02:34 PM
awesome stuff,

where in ontario are you located?

paul

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Woo Hoo I just contacted my reseller and they said i would recive 8 no later then tommorow!:D
so im sure we should all be getting it real soon.

jvavra
04-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Wow that's great. I still live 3 hours away from newtek and I still don't have it.

Must be nice.

Zach
04-27-2004, 02:52 PM
what are your initials jvavra?

jvavra
04-27-2004, 02:55 PM
mostly my name

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by jvavra
Wow that's great. I still live 3 hours away from newtek and I still don't have it.

Must be nice.
Sorry to here that Jvavra If it seemed like i was rubbin it in I apologize im just really stoked. I hope you get yours soon. :)

erich
04-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by pblacklock
awesome stuff,

where in ontario are you located?

paul

Hi Paul. I live in Mississauga, Ontario. Where are you?

IgnusFast
04-27-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by jvavra

Must be nice.

Nothing here either, man. And since I ordered directly from NewTek, I can't get order status. Nice.

pblacklock
04-27-2004, 04:26 PM
eric,

i am in ottawa which means tomorrow should be the day!

so are you having fun, any goodies that surprise you?

riki
04-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Go Canada :) Heeaay !! Must be Sydney's turn next right :)

Elemental233
04-28-2004, 12:20 AM
im Hopeing to see wensday morning (if it arives im calling in sick at work... hehe) if not i wont beable to install or use it till next wensday :( ........... maybe if i .... nahhh never work....

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Jean-Paul Lar.
Woo Hoo I just contacted my reseller and they said i would recive 8 no later then tommorow!:D
so im sure we should all be getting it real soon. :(looks like my reseller fed me some bogus info no lightwave for me yet man what a let down. :) its got to arrive soon i hope?oh well back to 7.5.

pblacklock
04-28-2004, 11:57 AM
am I BLUE????

Elemental233
04-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by pblacklock
am I BLUE????

No your red silly.....

looks like i wont be calling in sick today... no LW 8 :(

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Hey Erich did you order from a reseller?The reason I ask is I phoned customer service. and they told me i may have to fill some form in that will be up later today. and that my copy hasent even shipped, man this sucks.yet when i phoned a few weeks before i was told 2 to 3 weeks to expect it man im confused and losing patients with this whole ordeal.:confused:cause if you ordered from a reseller then i know it was wrong info. :)

erich
04-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey Erich did you order from a reseller?The reason I ask is I phoned customer service. and they told me i may have to fill some form in that will be up later today. and that my copy hasent even shipped, man this sucks.yet when i phoned a few weeks before i was told 2 to 3 weeks to expect it man im confused and losing patients with this whole ordeal.:confused:cause if you ordered from a reseller then i know it was wrong info. :)

Yep. I ordered from a reseller almost 1 year ago. I didn't here anything about filling out some form.

Just be patient my friend and call Newtek first thing in the morning. I know that they would be interested in getting things sorted out with you. I don't think they are doing this on purpose. I know...easier said than done. :)

hang in there.

erich
04-28-2004, 09:18 PM

Yep. I ordered from a reseller almost 1 year ago. I didn't here anything about filling out some form.

Just be patient my friend and call Newtek first thing in the morning. I know that they would be interested in getting things sorted out with you. I don't think they are doing this on purpose. I know...easier said than done. :)

Hang in there.

(Sorry duplicate post)

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by erich

Hang in there.
Thanks for the reply Erich im sure its just a mistake, cause my reseller never mentioned anything about filling out a form either so im sure it will show up soon?:)thanks again for the info. :D
Im gonna phone them first thing in the morning just to make sure.

erich
04-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Your Welcome Jean-Paul. I hope you get it really soon.

By the way, where in Vancouver do you live? I lived in Vancouver for about 13 years before moving to Toronto.

I still think Vancouver is the best city in Canada to live. I loved it out there. I hope to go back some day. :)

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-28-2004, 11:42 PM
I live just off of boundry road still in van but just on the edge of burnaby, if your familiar with the sky train route im about 5 mins from the rupert stop.:) I got to agree that van is a wicked place I moved here last year from winnipeg.Toronto is a nice place also I only spent 2 weeks there but it was long enough to get the feel of the place.:D

Elemental233
04-29-2004, 01:28 AM
you two are right vancouver is a awsome city

erich
04-29-2004, 07:33 AM
I live just off of boundry road still in van but just on the edge of burnaby, if your familiar with the sky train route im about 5 mins from the rupert stop.:) I got to agree that van is a wicked place I moved here last year from winnipeg.Toronto is a nice place also I only spent 2 weeks there but it was long enough to get the feel of the place.:D

Yep, I know were you are.:D

"you two are right vancouver is a awsome city"

Yep, much better than Toronto. Ok, ok... I'm starting to get homesick. Back to lightwavin. :p

Steve McRae
04-29-2004, 07:51 AM
go flames go!!!

:cool:

erich
04-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Its nice to know that there are a few Lightwavin Canadians around. :D

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-29-2004, 11:32 AM
http://online.newtek.com/LW8UpgradeEligibility.aspx
This is the link to the form you have to fill out if you odred your upgrade from 7 at a reseller in order to get your 8 shipped to you.again this is if you upgaded from 7 to 8 not purchase 7 with the free upgrade to 8 from a reseller.I know this for sure cause i just got done filling it out and talked to customer service.and now my package is being shipped another 2 3 weeks of wait but watcha gonna do eh?
:D
p.s Im glad to chat with some fellow canadians on the forum.If you guys ever want to contact me my email is [email protected] :D.

xeno3d
04-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Why do we need to wait 2 -3 more weeks.. arrrgghhh... maybe this elligibility pagew shouls have been put up 2 -3 weeks prior to shipping..

pblacklock
04-29-2004, 04:18 PM
same here, wished newtek would have posted that link before upset customers started to bring it to the forefront.

two more freaking weeks of waiting hey?

when i have more money, i will switch apps, if only softimage were to drop their price.

i really didn't like being treated in this manner after i had received the uvpro and confirm my address months earlier and purchased the dfx bundle in june 2003 of last year and registered it with the headquarter.

i don't care if i bought it from a reseller or direct from nt, the registered information pointed to my business address.

Here's to Hoping NT will fix their administration glitches.

Paul

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by xeno3d
Why do we need to wait 2 -3 more weeks.. arrrgghhh... maybe this elligibility pagew shouls have been put up 2 -3 weeks prior to shipping..

I here ya man were in the same boat so to speak. But im just glad I know whats going on now cause I was really confused. Dont worry man we will get our upgardes soon enough and we will forget about all this craziness very quickly.:D In the meantime im gonna try and learn as much as I can about 8 from the community posts. :cool: Sorry if im a little to positive in such a negative siduation.

CoryC
04-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Paul, check your PM

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by CoryC
Paul, check your PM

Did you mean me man? cause I checked my pm and nada. if you didnt mean me sorry :)

CoryC
04-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Did you mean me man? cause I checked my pm and nada. if you didnt mean me sorry :)

Sorry. The other Paul. I didn't realize there were two here. I just had something off-topic and didn't want to hijack this thread like your other one was. On that (off)topic I saw your comment regarding the other posts at that thread. Now is a good time to use the Ignore feature. It really keeps the board quiet when used right. Anyway, back to the Canadian thread already in progress....

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Sorry. The other Paul. I didn't realize there were two here. I just had something off-topic and didn't want to hijack this thread like your other one was. On that (off)topic I saw your comment regarding the other posts at that thread. Now is a good time to use the Ignore feature. It really keeps the board quiet when used right. Anyway, back to the Canadian thread already in progress....

cool man I just wanted to make sure incase you were i didnt want to seem like i was ignoring you.:D

CoryC
04-29-2004, 10:54 PM
i didnt want to seem like i was ignoring you.:D

That's ok. I'm used to being ignored anyhow - I am married.:D

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-29-2004, 11:09 PM
That's ok. I'm used to being ignored anyhow - I am married.:D

lol.:D