Open Modeler[8]
Create some points
Enable "Symetry mode"
Create poly (p)

Crash!

Error is looking like that:

Assertion failed
...\Modeler.exe...
...\havenprojects\plugins\modelertools\function...
Line:11
Expression: points.size()>0

Is it a problem with my instaled softwares or a bug?

jeanphi
04-27-2004, 05:37 AM
I'm on Win2k with AMD pros.

WizCraker
04-27-2004, 10:35 AM
I don't think enough people have it yet to confirm the bug. You might have better luck calling tech support.

BeeVee
04-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Works for me, with no crash. I guess you need to tell us more.

B

evenflcw
04-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Did NT replace the old Make Polygon command with one of DavidIkedas scripts perhaps? Most of DI's tools supported symmetry, but there were situations where they would fail as you can't script something like that to cover all possible situation. They would have to be reading your mind to work as you would expect them to all the time.

That line simply checks if there are any selected points (or rather how big the array is). But it can't be that simple an error, something else, internal or external, must be crashing it.

What the hell is "havenprojects"?
Maybe Haven is the codename for the new evolving core and anything that will/can evolve with it is part of that project? :)

Lalin
04-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Did you guys get "the official" LW8?!

Thanks,
Lalin

Aegis
04-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Yup - that's a showstopper *BOOOOM* :eek: - the moral of this story is to not try silly things like creating polys whilst using symmetry...

http://www.agmorgan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/LW8Error.png

garg
04-29-2004, 01:13 AM
Got exactly the same beavior as you. Crashed.

1. Points (+)
2. Switch to symetry
3. Press the p key
4. Crash...

Intel P4 512 Mb ram (Toshiba Satelite P10-504) XP Home

Alain Bertrand

WizCraker
04-29-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Aegis
Yup - that's a showstopper *BOOOOM* :eek: - the moral of this story is to not try silly things like creating polys whilst using symmetry...

Wow they actually have errors that are in english now.

BeeVee
04-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Okay, I've just done it again here - William Vaughan is here too and he's done it, we've made points in various viewports and every time we follow the steps given, we make polys and Modeler doesn't crash. The only thing we've noticed is that Andy Morgan's screenshot showed XP and we're both running 2000. What version of the OS were others running that found this problem?

B

BeeVee
04-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Okay, thanks to Alain Bertrand for letting me know exactly what caused the crash. It was reported, it is being worked on and to get around it for the time being, switch back to the standard make polygon tool. To do this, hit Alt F9 to bring up the keyboard shortcuts window, find p on the right-hand side, click on Find and choose the Make Polygon in the Create Group, not the one in Modeler Tools.

B

garg
04-30-2004, 12:35 AM
Beside it doesn't crash could you tell us what is the difference between those two Make Polygon ?

Thanks,

Alain Bertrand

BeeVee
04-30-2004, 03:51 AM
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you... :) The new make polygon is obviously still a little flawed, but it will replace the old one eventually and it can do things like making polygons without worrying about the point selection order and lots of other stuff. Think of it now as a preview! :)

B

garg
04-30-2004, 03:53 AM
Ok :D then I will stick with the old one :-)

Thanks,

Alain Bertrand

Mattoo
04-30-2004, 08:39 PM
I can tell you, and I don't have to kill you. It's the David Ikeda Make Poly replacement, which I'm already using in 7.5, and apparently by the sounds of it has exactly the same bug in LW 8 as I'm used to dealing with in the 7.5 version.

Beyond that I aint sayin nuthin.