PDA

View Full Version : SPRITE particles

jin choung
04-27-2004, 02:43 AM
right now,

we seem to have sprite hypervoxel particles... that is, every sprite is derived from a hypervoxel slice....

i want an option that doesn't even require that much overhead... i want a simple SPRITE option that will take an image map or video sequence that i provide, give options on how these things play and that's it....

the option for really fast particles should be included with all the fancier stuff....

jin

Karmacop
04-27-2004, 04:18 AM
Umm .. you can do that at the moment can't you? :confused:

Exper
04-27-2004, 04:31 AM
Thinking about Ino...
maybe JetstreamFX or similar could help a lot! :cool:

jin choung
04-27-2004, 04:40 AM
ummmmm,

nope... you CAN'T do that now... at least not as a function of the particle system.

the SPRITE system defines its own sprites based on hypervoxel slices as i said....

i guess you could use the particles to clone a bunch of polys but then you have to figure out a way to make those polys face camera.

as for paying extra money for a feature of most other 3d apps - not to mention computer game engines.... ummm, well.... i criticize others for asking stuff for free that is ludicrous (like a 3d paint function).... but in my mind, this kinda feature is absolutely necessary for a particle engine.

i mean, even karmacop expects it and is surprised it's not in there.

jin

Exper
04-27-2004, 04:47 AM
Agree!

Detail your request and send it to:
[email protected]

Bye.

SaturnX
04-27-2004, 04:58 AM
Hi.

In layout, you can apply images/image sequences/movies to the particles as clipmaps..

You do this under Hypervoxels, shading tab, and clipmap.

Once the image/avi is selected, you can play around with rotation, size and everything else. alpha layers are utilised. Playing around with the image envs (image editor), while the clips are attached to the particles can be interesting.

anyway.

ciao
Sat :D

jin choung
04-27-2004, 05:27 AM
OOOOOOoooooooooh!!!

is THAT what that is!!!

you're right! it's right there!!! you were right on the money karmacop!

sorry fellows... false alarm....

i had no freakin' idea that that is what that was!

but ya gotta admit that having that in hypervoxels is kinda screwy... it makes sense since the sprite option is there but....

my bad.

thanks very much saturn!

jin

Karmacop
04-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Jin, you should start looking for what Lightwave is capable of, instead of what it's not capable of ;)

Exper
04-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Damn idiot... I am! ;)

I used HV+clip a couple of times but then completely forgot about that feature!

:cool:

HowardM
04-27-2004, 08:42 AM
DUMBASSES!
;)
lol
hehe

jin you know theres also a few plugins, or you can write an expression that will make polys face the camera?
...err I think you can even just target the camera?

jin choung
04-27-2004, 09:36 PM
yup yup,

i'll own up to it!

paint me bright pink and stick a hipoly cone on my head, complete dumb ***** coming through...:D

just glad we have it... with all of the options that i could have hoped for even.

jin