PDA

View Full Version : DV audio dissapearing

Rodad
04-25-2004, 10:38 PM
When I import DV files into TED chunks of the audio vanish. These missing bits are always at the end of the clip and vary in length. This has happened on clips ranging in length from a couple of minutes up to twenty plus minutes. Re-importing the clips, the audio is still missing – it looks like it vanishes at the same point (in other apps they play fine). Re-capturing the audio is driving me mad and not really a viable workaround for most jobs and it sure doesn’t impress the clients. Any ideas ?? a new VT3 (and user) with latest update

Thanks Rohanjavascript:smilie(':(')
javascript:smilie(':(')

Danner
04-25-2004, 10:44 PM
When you load a clip into T-edit, it has to make a waveform and if you don't give it time to make it and remove the clips or close ted, then you need to remake the incomplete waveform and audio file. To do this: from windows go into the directory where you placed the files, in the window properties configure it to view hidden files and folders, then delete the hidden folder the toaster creates, when you load your clips into T-edit again the waveform audio (and thumbnails) will be recreated if you wait for it to finish.

cheers

bradl
04-25-2004, 11:10 PM
If you delete that folder, you will lose TC info, if that matters to you. Drill in and delete everything but the TC file if you used batch capture to digitize it... at least this applies to RTV's but maybe DV has the TC embedded somehow, don't know...

Danner
04-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Thanx for the heads up on Time Code, I didn't know that.