PDA

View Full Version : Cool radial noise plug!

wacom
04-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Go here and get it while you can!

http://www.andynicholas.com/thezone/index.php?area=downloads

So cool! Now you can really create a good machine metal finish and more! Whoo Hoo!

PS- it's a procedural texture that you can give an axis too...

wacom
04-25-2004, 07:40 PM
one more...

T-Light
04-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Cheers Wacom.

I know this has been said before but... As Newtek's looking at designing a new site, it would be a shame not to include a downloadable/linkable plugins area. There's so many useful little plugs like this out there and a lot of people (including me) that never get to hear about them.

Ramble mode off.

Thanks again.

IgnusFast
04-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Too bad, no Mac support. :)

wacom
04-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by IgnusFast
Too bad, no Mac support. :)

Will it not work even if it's a procedural texture plugin? That sucks if it's so...

It doesn't load as a shader either...please try it and see...

Exper
04-26-2004, 04:04 AM
No, as far as I know!

It's a "p" compiled plugin...
so a specific version is needed: this isn't an LScript!

fxnut
04-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Hey Wacom, thanks for publicising my plugin! I love the second render you posted as well. Any chance that I can use that on my website as an example?

A Mac version is planned, as soon as I can get organised enough to sort it out. Watch this space.

Regards

Andy

bloontz
04-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Thanks Andy, that's a great procedural!

wacom
04-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by fxnut
Hey Wacom, thanks for publicising my plugin! I love the second render you posted as well. Any chance that I can use that on my website as an example?

A Mac version is planned, as soon as I can get organised enough to sort it out. Watch this space.

Regards

Andy

Hey- you can use anything I make and post here anywhere you want! Hell you're the one that put the work into the great plug-in- I get to play with it! Thanks for the great plugin! If you want I can make a larger version and use the FPrime renderer instead of the preview saver to get better results. Tell me what you need.

BTW- FPrime makes it SOOOO easy to do adjust stuff. I'm very greatful to the plugin people out there.

Oh- and for my next test I'm going to try and make "true" CD texture with it for that great "rainbow" effect everyone has to fake.

fxnut
04-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Thanks Wacom, I've uploaded the piccy onto my site and you can view it on the updated download page. If you would like me to post a link to your website or email address there, then just let me know.

If you want to do a larger version than the one you posted, then that would be great, just so that it's possible to see the detail in the radial noise. I dunno, maybe 1024x768? I'll probably resize it down then, or crop it slightly just so that it fits the typical web-browser window a bit better. It's your material tho (which I'm v grateful for) so you have the final say.

Any other nice examples you (or anyone else) wants to send, will be considered for posting as well. If I get enough, then I might even start up a gallery of the best examples (I'll add links to point to your sites as well).

Best wishes

Andy