PDA

View Full Version : problem changing geometry

rakennedy75
04-25-2004, 03:43 PM
I am trying to replace the geometry in a character I built. I am making the outfit a baseball outfit. No problem here accept when I open the scene file it says it could not load any morph maps. I am assuming this is talking about the weight morphs which I did remake with the new outfit. Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it.

The animation isn't changing jus the outfit they are in so basically the whole body geometry changed. Am I going to have to ranimate the characters.

mkiii
04-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Hmm....

You seem to be confusing morph maps with weight maps. Which one do you mean?

You haven't been rearranging the layers of your object have you? Because that can cause problems if you don't make sure your scene file reflects the changes.

The same thing goes for saving objects under a different name. If the hub is not operating, then the scene file doesn't get updated.

Another thing to check on, is whether your animation is trying to reference a weight map or morph map that you have since renamed.

Otherwise, all I can suggest (assuming your model loads into modeler & is otherwise OK), is to load up your scene file into a text editor & make sure everything looks the way it should. IE filenames etc.

rakennedy75
04-25-2004, 07:08 PM
i think your right about it being a morph map and not a weight map. Another thing I did was to remove the an object from the scene which contained morphs and this was replaced with another object with no morphs, could this be the cause of the error. Could it be looking for the morph maps from that object.

The only other morphs in the scene are facial movements and they seem to work fine. Unfortunately the error doesn't tell me which morph maps could not be found.

I did place other objects on other layeres but i moved them all to the original layer after I was done with the changes, I did not change the layers name so I don't think that is the problem.

I did change the name of an object but i checked the hub and it shows the current object with the new name.

Maybe this will help pinpoint the problem.
Thanks for your time and help.

rakennedy75
04-25-2004, 07:21 PM
hey, I figured out the problem, the scene file still had the object in the file that i had removed, or at least it was trying to find the object which contained the morphs. Thanks alot for your help, now I know to check the scene list to make sure it reflects what is suppose to be in there.

Thanks a lot for the help and your time

mkiii
04-26-2004, 12:23 AM
NP.

Some people would argue that this confusion could be stopped if LW were a single integrated app.

Personally, I don't see that happening any time soon, but I am starting to get the feeling that the modeler - hub - Layout thing is starting to creak at the seams a little, and that a more intelligent method is needed that can cope with any changes you make in modeler. Sometimes it works just fine, but start using lots of layers & maps, then things can get flaky very quickly.

Maybe if modeler could handle pivot points correctly, and render shaders, we would not need to use layout until the model was complete.