PDA

View Full Version : Help.. with .eps file

AJAtlanta
04-24-2004, 05:27 PM
This is my first project on LW 7.5... I've imported an .eps file. The file is composed of letters, and on 2 of the letters it is as if they are blank. I can select the points of the .eps but not sure how to fill them so that when I extrude there will be something there. Thanks for your help.
AJ

digimassa
04-25-2004, 02:22 AM
:cool:
Using the search button here in forum brings this (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=154991&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

Dave Davies
04-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Check to see if the polygons on the blank letters are flipped (lasso them in Poly mode, and see if the normals face the other way, or rotate the object in the persepctive view, so you can see the other side). If they're there, selct them and press "f" to flip them.

OR

In Point mode, select the points by lassoing the area where they should occur. Press "p" to build a polygon from them. If you get a weird poly, then the points aren't in the right order - you'll have find them (rotate in the perspective view), and select them in sequential order).

Dave Davies

AJAtlanta
04-25-2004, 03:21 PM
It seems sooo simple now... but when you're learning the program the most basic function can be so frustrating... Thanks for the help.

Dave Davies
04-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Glad to help. I've got a lot of answers from this group, too.

Dave Davies