PDA

View Full Version : Any Canadians get 8 yet?

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Sorry to add another post about 8 but i really dont want to bother costomer support so i figured i would ask here?Im just wondering if anyone knows if they have shipped to Canada yet and what kind of mail service? thanks:D

Noclar7
04-23-2004, 01:58 PM
nothing here yet. you order from videolink too?

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey Noclar7 I use to live in Fredricton New Brunswick for a few years it was a nice place.
No I ordered from Annex Pro here in vancover.:)

pblacklock
04-23-2004, 02:21 PM
nope,

would have love for it to come this weekend, now the wife will find some yard work to do.

:rolleyes:

maybe someone could beep my pager

probably in the next batch, which will mean three weeks for us.

Paul

prospector
04-23-2004, 09:19 PM
3 weeks?
lucky ba**ar*s

We are last on the list here in Calif.
We have top wait for you, Europe, Asia, Austrailia, Japan, then Hawaii and Alaska first.:(
Something to do with customs at the Arizona border, and checking each package that comes into California for exotic bugs or some other nonsensical reason. I hate living in a forign country.:mad:

Elemental233
04-24-2004, 01:04 AM
i havent even heard a peep about shipments into Canada yet. so if yuh hear anything let me know.

Dave Davies
04-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Nothing here on the left coast, but then I'm in limbo-land on 8 - I'm a VT[3] user, and only standalone LW'vers seem to be getting upgraded. Wah-ah-ah-ah!

Dave Davies

erich
04-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Mine is on its way. I should get it on Tues. April 27 according to UPS.

Elemental233
04-25-2004, 10:40 PM
i thought newtek was shipping by snail mail, how did you find out about your tracking no# and that thry used ups,

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-26-2004, 12:03 AM
Im curious on how you found out this info also could you shed some more light on this please?:D

pauland
04-26-2004, 01:24 AM
I've heard that some canadians are so far down the list, they'll be getting LW9... ;-)

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-26-2004, 01:30 AM
No offense but i shure hope your wrong:D.

Steve McRae
04-26-2004, 04:22 AM
I called videolink and Bruce said that they were shipping right from Newtek.

I called Newtek and a helpfull person said that it should be here within a couple weeks.

go flames go!

Elemental233
04-26-2004, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by atomman

go flames go!

Dam you flames Dam you. . . . . . Canucks ROCK!... heheheh Just playin...

erich
04-26-2004, 08:13 AM
I was told Newtek is shipping to Canada by UPS. As for the rest...if I told you I would have to kill you. :)

Elemental233
04-26-2004, 01:49 PM
ok tell me then......

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-26-2004, 08:18 PM
"Okay, here's the news - the fulfillment house got all the production done last week and was able to begin packing and shipping - they informed us this afternoon that they should have the majority of the upgrades packed and mailed today and the rest will be packed and mailed tomorrow." quoted from Chuck, does anyone know if this also goes for us Canadians?:)

Steve McRae
04-26-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm sure it does :cool:

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by erich
Mine is on its way. I should get it on Tues. April 27 according to UPS.
So have you recieved it?:D

erich
04-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Yep. Sure did. See my other post "OK Canada..."

Elemental233
04-27-2004, 01:36 PM
when did you order it??

erich
04-27-2004, 01:45 PM
I ordered it on June 20, 2003 - almost 1 year ago!

But, I am HAPPY now. :)

Elemental233
04-27-2004, 01:57 PM
but how did you find out about it being shipped by UPS? did you ask if you could pay for your own shippin? please with a chire on top... :p

erich
04-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Elemental233
but how did you find out about it being shipped by UPS? did you ask if you could pay for your own shippin? please with a chire on top... :p

Ok. Since I just love cherries. Especially BC ones. :)

I just asked Newtek. They were very kind. :)

Elemental233
04-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Huh.. tried that, but always put on hold then 30 mins pass and well its long distence.

erich
04-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Elemental233
Huh.. tried that, but always put on hold then 30 mins pass and well its long distence.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I tied to call first thing in the morning when their offices were just opening. I was able to get through ok.

Steve McRae
05-06-2004, 10:01 PM
hate to ressurect this thread but anyone who ordered from a Canadian reseller such as Videolink get their copy yet?

Go FLAMES!

=)

Noclar7
05-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Nope... GO FLAMES!!!!! (only cause the habs, and leafs are out :P

fabmedia
05-08-2004, 05:42 PM
nope nothing here... sigh...

Signal to Noise
05-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Out of curiosity did everyone order their LW thru Videolink?

I ordered my LW via DMG Publishing and [8] arrived on my doorstep last week :)

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
Out of curiosity did everyone order their LW thru Videolink?

I ordered my LW via DMG Publishing and [8] arrived on my doorstep last week :)

Annex Pro and nadda yet.

Steve McRae
05-19-2004, 05:33 AM
thought that I would check back with the Canadians again.

anyone who bought from Videolink get their copy yet?

:confused:

go FLAMES go!

Noclar7
05-19-2004, 09:12 AM
NOOOO!! I have not ! this is crazy!

fabmedia
05-19-2004, 09:52 AM
Not here either. Mind you I started a post the other day that was deleted and Chuck emailed me saying that He forwarded my concerns to Customer Service....

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-19-2004, 12:10 PM
I apologize. And im not gonna smash my computer.:) I think im gonna go surfin and forget about computers for a week or so. :)

Signal to Noise
05-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Jean-Paul Lar.
...I got to go before i smash my computer!

What are the chances you smash your computer and moments later [8] shows up?;)

(I'm glad I didn't go through Videolink for my LW order)

pblacklock
05-19-2004, 03:24 PM
is he gonna deleted every thread that talks how lousy the service of newtek is. cause some words are starting to form here,

class action lawsuit

get with it Newtek

i send lots of emails to CS, and still without any answers to where my purchased product is at.

Paul

pblacklock
05-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Don't blame Bruce for something which i think that he has no control over it. I have receive only great service from him during the last four years.

I think the problem rest somewhere else here. We have all received DFX+ by now too. so the shipping address is good.

Paul

oh yeah still mad about the non delivery of L8.

:mad:

Igu4n4
05-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Sorry to chime in late... but I received my copy quite some time ago. My order is (as usual) with Videolink, but Newtek is shipping, not Bruce.

I have ordered through Newtek before, and my information is with them, and confirmations were sent out very early from them. I received my copy the last week of April/first week of May.

I'm sure everyone has made sure that Newtek knows who they are, and have filled in the eligibility forms. I'm not sure if there is a processing snafu somewhere if Newtek didn't have your info before?

Anyway, to answer the question, Yes ordered from Videolink, Yes received LW8 promptly.

Dunno if that begs for hope.. or curses.

Steve.
www.iguana-den.com

fabmedia
05-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Yes I agree. Videolink is really good. It's not their fault that some of us have not received LW8.

Signal to Noise
05-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by pblacklock

class action lawsuit

get with it Newtek

:rolleyes:

Remember a few points here:

1. LW[8] has not been officially released yet. No email and no front-page message on NewTek's main website.
2. An email to registered users from NewTek way back in April only indicated a pending release of [8] in a "short while" and were merely confirming shipping addresses. There was no definitive distribution date provided in that only email.
3. The only reason people are getting mad about not receiving [8] is because those individuals are aware that other users have received their copies already. That's the magic of the internet. Word flows freely and fast. If there was no internet and forums then you would still be none the wiser in knowing if [8] was being shipped.
4. There are too many factors in determining when [8] will arrive to a person still waiting for it. Postal Service delays, erroneous shipping addresses, 3rd party distribution center mix-ups, Customs (for non-US destinations), etc.
5. Based on what I've been reading in related forums I would guess maybe about 50% of the upgrade elegible users have received their LW [8] and NewTek et al. are still busy fulfilling orders prior to making the official "LW [8] Released!" announcement.

Ergo, I doubt a Class Action Lawsuit would get very far.

Phrog
05-19-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm a from Winnipeg and I got mine ages ago! In fact I got it about two weeks after they announced that they were shipping. Via UPS if I'm not mistaken.

fabmedia
05-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Signal to Noise,

You make a good comment... BUT if you do take it to court (AND I'm totally against this) NT would probably lose on the "NOT officially released" statement. The reasoning behind this is that infact the software is being distributed, AND that email has been released to individuals saying that their software will be shipped shortly.

I don't want any legal mumbo jumbo started because of this!!!!

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-19-2004, 09:12 PM
I want my upgrade as much as the next guy but talking about taking it to court is rediculous no offense. Think about when you finally get your upgrade your not gonna care anymore and probably gonna regret posting things like this. I mean due to a possible slip up with newtek I may not see mine for another 3 weeks and thats fine. im not happy about it but ill live. I know myself i regret ever posting anything negative cause its not helping any and when all things are said and done once its here its all over. Anyway i respect everyones words and hope no offense is taken by what im saying.:) If so I really dont mean to upset anyone. And sorry NewTek for any of my earlier posts I know you guys are doing your best with as few of you there are. Cheer up guys it will all be over soon enough. I must sound like a hipicrit to anyone who has read my earlier posts.:) Ill tell ya one thing im learning to truly be patient and i think thats a really good thing lifes just to short to get upset over things like this. Sorry for the rant just my 2 cents.
:D

pblacklock
05-19-2004, 09:51 PM
go flames go

pblacklock
05-19-2004, 09:58 PM
do you really think i would sue Newtek for this, nope but i just hope and want that the management listens and fix the stupid problem. don't ship until you have the orders all made in advance for a worldwide distribution so that all of us receives the upgrade within a week or two apart, i would have beend fine with that. Then all this fiasco is never encountered.

does it make sense that the early people who upgraded and give their money to newtek for continued development and daily operations be the last one to receive it.

yes my email says i wil receive it soon, that was on the april 29,2004, if only i would have received a tracking number then i would know it is really gone.

when you buy something online at other places you know where you stand. here i had to wait until it started to ship elsewhere then to verify again my information then my purchased then a web page to tell me that i was eligible. sorry but when i placed my order on amazon, they freaking tell me where my stuff is and when i should be able to get it.

anyway,
go flames go
hey i still love newtek
send me a shirt
and i will wait another month or so
and i won't complain about it

Paul

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey Pblacklock.:)
Once again if what I wrote created friction i really didnt mean anything by it. ;) last thing i want to do in this life is create enemys unless of course Im modeling an enemy lol.:)

go flames go!

Steve McRae
05-19-2004, 10:08 PM
GO FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pblacklock
05-19-2004, 10:12 PM
of course not Jean Paul,

We all love lightwave and newtek.
Good or bad, its like marriage, some days is just amazing and some days it just hum hum, but in the end your work out your problems, take the time to listen to your partner and fix things right.

I hope Newtek takes this learning curve and plainly fixes it so by the time 9 rolls around, hopefully people including myself will still have and use lightwave as our main 3d software.

Paul

flames won,, that's sweet

Signal to Noise
05-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Yup!

"LET THE BREASTIVITIES BEGIN!"

If you aren't on 17th avenue right now then you are NO WHERE! (I guess that's me since I'm posting here atm:rolleyes: )

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-19-2004, 10:32 PM
of course not Jean Paul,

We all love lightwave and newtek.
Good or bad, its like marriage, some days is just amazing and some days it just hum hum, but in the end your work out your problems, take the time to listen to your partner and fix things right.

I hope Newtek takes this learning curve and plainly fixes it so by the time 9 rolls around, hopefully people including myself will still have and use lightwave as our main 3d software.

Paul

flames won,, that's sweet

cool man. :) Yes! The Flames won!

Elemental233
05-19-2004, 11:56 PM
class action lawsuit Wow. My Upgrade was shiped on april 27 I recived it on may 11th, It was so late because it got held up in customs, not NT fault but the anal tight Boarders these days.

pblacklock
05-20-2004, 05:21 AM
Elementalm

the problem is that i ordered the product well before the april 29, 2004 confirmation of shipping product. i had to constantly recheck and recheck the web forum to see where my order stood, even after confirming my address , it still took an email page to re subscribe my order and let me know that it would be shipped, so if you still think that's great service then i'm glad you're happy about it, look around there's seem to be lots of angry customers.

i'm not even piss about the shipping dates, i'm piss about the lack of details and info about the process of shipping the product. so don't be a hero and pretend there is nothing wrong, look at the boards. lots of people wanted confirmation, that's all.

glad you received it, and yes i know i will too eventually, i've been around since the amiga days so i truly love the product.

cheers,
Paul

Elemental233
05-20-2004, 04:52 PM

so don't be a hero and pretend there is nothing wrong, look at the boards.

Whos being a hero and whos pretending thats nothing wrong with the way newtek has handdled LW 8 upgrade , all im saying is that its not all Nt fault that some of the orders havent reached there respected coustmers. lighten up dude.

Steve McRae
05-21-2004, 02:11 PM
got mine today

GO Flames!!!!!

Fausto
05-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Well kudos to the newest member of the Newtek customer service team. Melissa H, found out that there was a mix up with my order and several others bound for Canada and made sure they were delivered ASAP. I spoke to her yesterday, the package arrived today.

Thanks Melissa.

Steve, I noticed you're in Calgary, is there a LW user group in this area?

cheers.

Steve McRae
05-21-2004, 10:56 PM
not that I am aware of

maybe someone should start one . . .

:)

go FLAMES!