PDA

View Full Version : Interior: Leather Couches

otacon
04-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Heres a new interior i just finished up. I started off with the leather couches and built up from there. Trying to make a good looking leather material is tough....it took a lot of tweaking. I wanted to try and make the scene look as realistic as possible. No Fprime for this one, rendered with lightwaves interpolated renderosity. Tell me what you think!
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/otacon/Lroomfinal.jpg

Matt
04-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Holy big sofas! That looks excellent otacon!

Can I ask what interpolated settings you used?

samartin
04-23-2004, 11:22 AM
:eek: That looks really great, you are certainly pushing these renders out, you must have a tonne of patience to do so...

Nice image :bowdown:

DM67
04-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Hey otacon,
outstanding work :cool:

otacon
04-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks. The settings on all my interiors are pretty similar.

Interpolated radiosity
Intensity: 100%
Indirect bounces: 1
Rays per evaluation: 6x18
Tolerance: 0.7
Minimum evaluation spacing: 15mm

I have a lot of time on my hands these days, so im trying to take advantage. Im already thinking about what to do next...:D

ingo
04-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Nice athmosphere and good attention to detail. Now the nitpicking : The floorpattern is a bit to large and the shadow on the wall from the lamp on the left is a bit irritating. And i'm not sure about the specular/reflection stripes on the vertical parts of the couches... Otherwise nice image and interesting raydiosity settings. So whats next ?

TSpyrison
04-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Niiiiiiice....

:D

MrKnight
04-23-2004, 12:50 PM
At first I thought you were trying to pull off an actual photograph on us. That is a great render!!!!
Maybe in 5 or 10 years from now, I'll also will be able to render something like that. (maybe)
Again, stunning work!!!

EchoStation3TA
04-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Can I come over and read on the couch? I'll clean up after myself!

Looks like an awesome place to be. Problem with animation, what I see in pictures, I'll never be able to afford!

Great job man. Awesome realism.

Rich

Brett H.
04-23-2004, 04:39 PM
This is really nice. Excellent work, nearly photorealistic.
That's interpolated radiostity? I have never gotten a result like that without monte carlo. Awesome.

Brett

SODAPLAY
04-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Very nice render in terms of details, materials and lightning.
But I think, towel, guitar, books under the table and trumpet on a table are not appropriate in this scene.

- SODA

t_man13
04-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Well folks, he's done it again. I'm starting to get jealous.

Is that cat for real?

Kuzey
04-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Fantastic work....way to go!!

Kuzey

Zarathustra
04-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Awesome. I have nothing else other then to ask for more details.

miso popovic
04-24-2004, 03:22 PM
blown me away!i just clicked right mouse-save image!

otacon
04-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Thanks. I can post the light setup if anyones interested?
And im not sure the cat it for real, but i sure believe it is.:D

MrKnight
04-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Yes!! Please!!
I would love to find out how you set up your lights to make it look so Realistic.

Hervé
04-25-2004, 03:00 AM
Really great, ....as always you keep the competition ;) very high in terms of quality... superbe... I really like the mood... as for the lighting, I would slightly lower the light the further you go from the window... coz the light near the window looks same level as the light near where the camera is supposed to be (the LW Cam)... you're right , leather is pretty hard to texture, I find, it really depend on the lighting, some textures of leather I did are only looking like leather (well kind of...) with the proper lighting, if I change a little bit, oups, it start to look like plastic...

:D Someone wants to try making a good leather shader...:D (joking)

Overall, superbe work Otacon !

Happy Sunday !;)

Matt
04-25-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by otacon
Thanks. I can post the light setup if anyones interested?
And im not sure the cat it for real, but i sure believe it is.:D

always interested in seeing how someone else goes about lighting interiors, I find them the most difficult things to do correctly.

otacon
04-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Alright. I'll post them a little later.

otacon
04-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Heres a screen grab of the light setup. And heres a link to the light intensities and GI settings. http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/otacon/lightLroom1.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/otacon/lightLroom2.jpg

MrKnight
04-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Hey Otacon, thanks for the tips, we really appreciate it. Have you ever thought about having your own tutorial website? With your expertise I think you would be good at it.
Again thanks, and can’t wait you see more of you 3d-art.

ingo
04-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Hmm, i'm not sure why you use raydiosity with that lighting setup. You must get good results without raydiosity too.

otacon
04-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Good results yes, but not the realistic results that im going for.;)
Ive thought about a website, but i dont know much about how to set up stuff like that.

veljko
04-26-2004, 01:05 AM
great work, really cool that you posted your light setup!
the LW comunity somehow reminds me of the Amiga scene...
:)

Matt
04-26-2004, 02:43 AM
Cool thanks a lot Otacon!

shaol
04-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Looks great. Maybe you could dirty it up because computer modeling tends to make models too clean some lumps and bumps in the couch (just a hint).:)

Hurben
04-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Lovely image.. although I think the guitar is out of place.. :)

colkai
04-27-2004, 04:30 AM
If it were my livingroom - the guitar would be an essential item so it doesn't look out of place to me. ;)

Lovely work - thanks for sharing the layout grab and lights image.

:cool: :cool:

adrian
04-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Outstanding work! I can't criticise that at all..... wish I could do something that good :-)

Adrian.

Rhino
04-29-2004, 03:27 AM
You have a really nice lighting setup, almost monochromatic but also very stylish. Superb work.

wizzi
04-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Very good, like the light a lot!
And textures are great. The book under the table and guitar seem to be out of place. There's not enough "stuff" and "dirt" in the guitar, it's too clean. But overall it's a beautiful picture with great warmth, like it.

Zarathustra
04-29-2004, 02:21 PM
I'll have to take a closer look at those light settings, but thanks a bunch for posting them.

I have 2 comments about the original render:
1) The area rug seems too perfect. No scuffed edge or creases, folds, etc.
2) The seam across the front of the seat cusions on the leather couches is distracting. It may be "right", but it's still drawing my eyes.

I see nothing else that I would futz with. Beautiful shot.

novalism
04-29-2004, 03:34 PM
fantastic livingroom you got there :)
blown away

nice details aswell

colkai
04-30-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Zarathustra
I have 2 comments about the original render:
1) The area rug seems too perfect. No scuffed edge or creases, folds, etc.

Yeah, but the rest of the room is so 'clean' that maybe the person is obsessively tidy. I knew a guy like that - you were scare to sit down in case it creased the cushions. We got a dog, it would take more than a scuffed edge to show our rug. ;)

2) The seam across the front of the seat cusions on the leather couches is distracting. It may be "right", but it's still drawing my eyes.
Yeah, agreed, happens in real life too, at least in CG it can be fixed. Nuthin' worse than a badly made cushion that shouts at you every time you see it. Now, we need a 3D model printer than can do soft furnishings and wood. :p

It really is a lovely image by the way, did I mention, I hate talented people? ;)

pixym
05-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Really impressive :)

Tiger
05-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by otacon

I have a lot of time on my hands these days, so im trying to take advantage. Im already thinking about what to do next...:D [/B]

Xlnt Render !!

So....a tutorial might come soon? Just a small sofatut. :p

/Tiger.