PDA

View Full Version : LW8 Purchased From Reseller

Edbittner
04-23-2004, 05:49 AM
I was notified from Newteks customer service that I need to re-register my DFX+ in order to recieve my LW8 upgrade because I purchased it from Safe Harbor. The customer service rep said on 4-22-04 that there would be a notice and new page on the Newtek site for everyone who didn't purchase the LW8 upgrade directly from Newtek by the end of the week. Is it up? Did I miss it? Or just not yet?
Not freekin' out, just anxious,
Ed

Cutty
04-23-2004, 06:57 AM
I'm trying to find out what to do next from my GA reseller (Amitrace). They seem to be in the dark as well...[flames removed by the moderators].

Chuck
04-23-2004, 07:52 AM
Apologies for any frustration our delay in being able to get a procedure worked out with our resellers for those folks who purchased through resellers.

Those who purchased a 7.5 upgrades through their resellers have no problem. They would have subsequently registered their product with us, and we therefore have them on the list and they will receive the upgrade.

The folks affected are those who already owned LightWave 7.5 and who purchased a LightWave [8] pre-order. They have not had to register anything with NewTek with regard to the purchase, and so we do not know who they are. Right now we are reviewing whether to supply those end users the upgrades through the resellers from which they purchased, or to provide a confirmation procedure through our customer services that allows us to directly fulfill those upgrades, as we did with the free bonus we recently provided, where customers signed up via a web page and confirmed eligibility by faxing proof of purchase. We could in fact use the info already gathered for the free bonus, and use the new eligibility page to catch anyone we missed then, if we do direct fulfillment.

We do apologize that we don't have this all ironed out right now (so far as I know - but I've been out sick since Wednesday and things may have in fact been resolved) but we do expect to get it resolved so that everyone gets their upgrades in timely fashion, regardless of whther they purchased through a reseller or direct from us. I'll see if I can find something out today.

Cutty
04-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Sorry for the little nasty comments I made. I'll do penance later.

I registered DFX with Eyeon in August and then called Newtek customer support to see what to do next; since I had already registered 7.0. They said there was no need to do anything and to hold on to my reseller receipt.

I thought at this point all I would need to do is download 8.0 and be done.

I know you are trying your best but I just want to be done with this transaction; I've already wasted to much time on this!

I suppose I just need to get over it and move on!

Jirapong
04-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Chuck,

I purchased the upgrade with DFX sometime in mid March. Until now, don't even talk about LW8, I didn't get email for the link ti get UV Edit Pro yet. I got email from Newtek telling me to email to customer service about UV Edit Pro. Again, it was two weeks ago.
I have know idea what happens. s is because I bought an pre-order upgrade via reseller and didn't register my copy on DFX? (I'm on Mac and don't have PC now, but plan to get it soon)

Any idea?

Jirapong

Edbittner
04-27-2004, 06:44 AM
I still haven't been able to get any solid info about my pre-order from re-seller status. I went over to the LW8 registration page, and logged in,( I registered my DFX+ when I recieved it), and saw my DXF+ info was there. Serial #, and all the rest of the pertinent stuff was on the page. So, my question still is, do I need to re-register,( on a new forthcoming page?), or can I expect my LW8 to be on its way? Sorry for being persistant, or obtuse, I know this is a VERY active time for everyone at Newtek, and don't want to be a pain.
Still not freakin' out, just anxious, and working "miracles" with 7.5c....
Ed Bittner
S*R* PRODUCTIONS

Edbittner
04-28-2004, 05:07 AM
OK,
Here's the short version.
I purchased my upgrade from Safe Harbor
Got my DFX+
Recieved e-mail from Newtek about a new freebie for Pre-orders
Filled out a new profile on Newteks (then new) resitration page
Gave them my DFX+ info to recieve my UV Edit Pro
Got the e-mail address for UV Edit Pro
Got UV Edit Pro
Recieved e-mail from Newtek stating if I had gotten my UV Edit Pro, OR met other criteria, I would be recieving LW8 before the end of the month
Called cunsomer service at Newtek to make sure they had my mailing address(they do)
Was then told because I purchased from re-seller, I may have to give my info on a "new" page(?) because they (Newtek) may not know who I am........
That pretty much brings us up to date
Ed
S*R* PRODUCTIONS

Chuck
04-28-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Edbittner
OK,
Here's the short version.
I purchased my upgrade from Safe Harbor
Got my DFX+
Recieved e-mail from Newtek about a new freebie for Pre-orders
Filled out a new profile on Newteks (then new) resitration page
Gave them my DFX+ info to recieve my UV Edit Pro
Got the e-mail address for UV Edit Pro
Got UV Edit Pro
Recieved e-mail from Newtek stating if I had gotten my UV Edit Pro, OR met other criteria, I would be recieving LW8 before the end of the month
Called cunsomer service at Newtek to make sure they had my mailing address(they do)
Was then told because I purchased from re-seller, I may have to give my info on a "new" page(?) because they (Newtek) may not know who I am........
That pretty much brings us up to date
Ed
S*R* PRODUCTIONS

It would be advisable to fill out the page once we have it ready, just to be sure. The CS rep was just trying to be careful and make sure there is no chance we'll miss getting you your upgrade.

Edbittner
04-29-2004, 05:29 AM
Chuck,
When we spoke yesterday I was told by CS that the page was ready for posting, but they needed to....I can't remember what. I thought I remembered you saying it was going to be up yesterday, although I could be mistaken,( which happens enough, as others might tell you).
Still being patient.....but takin' a little heat as it's part of my job to acquire software....
Ed

S*R* PRODUCTIONS

Edbittner
04-29-2004, 07:09 AM
Just one more thing,(sounds like Columbo), if the marketing dept. authorized re-sellers to offer the upgrade deals, why wasn't there a method of distribution in place to make sure everyone who shelled out their money, was going to obtain their purchase like there is with any of the Newtek other products?
Ed
S*R* PRODUCTIONS