PDA

View Full Version : SG_Explosion+MD medium bodies

HowardM
03-20-2003, 12:34 PM
http://www.3dink.com/MDblown.gif

MD keeps getting better and better!

stoehr
03-20-2003, 07:52 PM
Ah yeah!! Very cool. I'm playing with this stuff right now.

HowardM
03-20-2003, 08:02 PM
right on! post your results!

stoehr
03-20-2003, 08:53 PM
HowardM,

Which object is the "target"?
Which object is the "collision"?

I want to clarify this. I'm trying to make the footprint MD scene you did earlier. For some reason I'm not even getting the ball to make a mark on the plane.

HowardM
03-20-2003, 09:36 PM
Ok, make your foot a subd obj with subd order set to last.
Make your plane, same as foot, subd order last...
Turn on MD.
Active both objs, turn on Target for both DONT select a target though...
Go to MD Surfaces, make the foot Fixed and change its Bound to 0.
Tweak the plane, hi spring, hi hold, smoothing, etc...tweak and test, tweak and test! You can get anything from taffy to water to sand to cloth!

Make sure you use MD controller Start to get things going...
Should work out the gate!

stoehr
03-20-2003, 09:47 PM
Amazing!! I love this!

I'll play with this some more, and post some results tomorrow.

THANKS HowardM for the tips.

hrgiger
03-21-2003, 12:19 AM
That's good stuff Howard. (Were you the one who posted the foot steps before with MD?). I love MD. I just hope for an update on it in LW8. Hopefully, it can be brought into the core of the program so it'll work with weightmaps.

Dave3D
03-21-2003, 03:53 AM
How did u make the box explode? 3rd party plug in, particels or did u break up a box in modeler into bits

Dave

Mylenium
03-21-2003, 04:07 AM
Howard used SGExplosion (displacement plugin) in combination with tools like CrackIt! (Modeler scripts) to get the chunks. You may find both on http://www.flay.com

Mylenium

Dave3D
03-21-2003, 07:33 AM
Now i see, :) ta for the link.

Howard could u use a collision so that the bits dont go through the surface but still make the dints.

Dave

Valter
03-21-2003, 08:43 AM
wow very cool howard!!!!
:D :D

stoehr
03-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Here some mud for ya Howard!

mud-proto (http://www.stoehrsartstudio.com/cgtalk/mud.mov)

Jimzip
03-24-2003, 05:31 AM
GGGRRRR.
I am so sick of this plugin stuff. BUILD IT IN NT!!!!!
I shouldn't have to look around for functions that should already be in a package this expensive!!
Half of these cool 3rd party plugins don't work for Mac, and if they do, they're dodgy demo versions. THEY SHOULD ALREADY BE IN THE PROGRAM!!

On a lighter note, that's damn cool! I'm going to play around with MD!
Jimzip:D

testu_nagouchi
03-24-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Jimzip
[B]GGGRRRR.
I am so sick of this plugin stuff. BUILD IT IN NT!!!!!
I shouldn't have to look around for functions that should already be in a package this expensive!!
Half of these cool 3rd party plugins don't work for Mac, and if they do, they're dodgy demo versions. THEY SHOULD ALREADY BE IN THE PROGRAM!!

Uh, isn't MD included with 7.5?
oh and I'm not sure if you've priced other 3D software but LW is cheap in comparison, especially considering what you get
:D

hrgiger
03-24-2003, 09:43 AM
I think he's talking about the plug-in crackIt! Tetsu, not MD.

Alliante
03-24-2003, 01:23 PM
I would personally have a choice in how to crack or explode my models, I prefer the plugin design approach of Lightwave.

Sure it makes it a bit more difficult to transfer files from one computer to the other (one has to have their plugins installed as well). Also, NetRendering is a bit more difficult to set up, but once it is, it's all a matter of freedom and choice.