PDA

View Full Version : FPrime

koots
04-22-2004, 03:04 PM
is there any way to get FPrime by it's self... right now the company that makes this program u can only get it as a free download if u buy a product of theirs??? thanx
-jonn

Meaty
04-22-2004, 03:10 PM
I am not sure what you mean, FPrime is sold by itself from Worley Labs for $400.

www.worley.com

koots
04-22-2004, 03:11 PM
thats wierd, i couldn't get it, well thanx i am not sure why i couldn't find that before
-Jonn
I feel rally dumb

koots
04-22-2004, 03:14 PM
thats why.... if you go to their product page you can't see it as a product. so if i order the taft collection for $199 i can get FPrime for a free DL??? something seems wrong with that??

o ya http://www.worley.com/products.html#topproducts thats the link i was on

lede
04-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah kind of weird. I noticed though it was on their shipping page and not the order page. If you buy F-Prime you can only download it.

-Lee

Randog
04-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by koots
thats why.... if you go to their product page you can't see it as a product. so if i order the taft collection for $199 i can get FPrime for a free DL??? something seems wrong with that??

o ya http://www.worley.com/products.html#topproducts thats the link i was on

http://www.worley.com/ordering.html#top

Gabe
04-22-2004, 09:08 PM
hehe... love the worley products... but man, that website has got to go. Maybe they can use a little of the money their making from fprime to spring for a decent site.

lede
04-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Yeah with the site they way it is you wouldn't think they design such great products. They have great programs but their site doesn't reflect that.

-Lee

Hervé
04-23-2004, 01:38 AM
... talking of F-prime.... hum... err... I hope they already started to work with NT hand to hand... to open the SDK and make shaders working..... with F_Prime...:D

Nemoid
04-23-2004, 04:37 AM
and not only for that task. opening SDK (and giving a gret documentation for it) HAVE to mean great power for ALL 3rd party developers.

Hervé
04-23-2004, 07:08 AM
Go NT ! Go !:D

.... just hurry up (dépêches-toi !):D

koots
04-23-2004, 12:25 PM
is FPrime really as good as it looks?? FPrime makes viper have no purpose.... right???
-jonn

WizCraker
04-23-2004, 02:27 PM
is FPrime really as good as it looks?? FPrime makes viper have no purpose.... right???
-jonn

At the moment you cant render Volume, and some other stuff like sasquatch and other post effects filters.

Viper is still good when working with HV.

lede
04-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Yeah there are some limitations but with a little work you can mimick some effects out of F-Prime as you can out of the LW render. I don't know what I would do without it. Here is a quick list of the things that are just awsom:

-Endless refinement
-You can stop rendering an animation and then restart rendering from where you left off.
-Decent render time with radiosity

Just my .02c

-Lee

Hervé
04-24-2004, 03:16 AM
.... yes, but Sas full (at least) is very very easy to comp on the F_Prime render.... so easy...:D

jamesl
04-29-2004, 03:03 AM
-jonn

It's as good as it looks, and better. I haven't seen anything like it in my 14 years of CG experience... and having bought it, if Steve called me and said that he made a mistake and that it cost another $1K, I would dive for my checkbook. It's that good.

cheers,

j

hazmat777
04-29-2004, 03:33 AM
I was starting to get a little if'y on my planned purchase LW 8 until your post -jamesl. With the price drop of XSI at the high end of what I can afford and the money I do have ready to spend, C4D and a module were looking good. LW plus a few add on's seems wisest right now for me. About a month from now, I hope to be posting my first W'sIP with LW 8.

hazmat777
04-29-2004, 03:43 AM
I didn't mean to lessen FPrime by the "add-on" reference in my earlier post. It looks out of this world and I can't wait to get my hands on LW 8 AND FPrime.

colkai
04-29-2004, 05:22 AM
Guy, you are soooo gona love FPrime.

I can't afford much in terms of software, but that baby .whooo hooo!

There really is no going back, it's like when you first start hitting the web using broadband! :D

sinthetique
04-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by colkai
There really is no going back, it's like when you first start hitting the web using broadband! :D

Exactly. I can't even use Lightwave without FPrime anymore. Lightwave without FPrime is like braille to a sighted person.

I'd be happy to help Worley out with a new website simply as a thanks for such a great tool! :)

hrgiger
04-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Yeah, Fprime is crazy fun.... I'm just waiting for that update announcement when they say "thanks to Newtek and improvements in the SDK, fprime now recognizes volumetrics...." Then it will be super crazy fun....

Intuition
04-29-2004, 04:53 PM
F-Prime puts the smack down!

I started in 3d in 94 with Lightwave 3.?

And I must say that even with years of experience that F-Prime single handedly changed my professional life overnight.

I actually don't have to do alot of guessing any more.

I used to get all my texturemaps mixed up like say a transparancy map in normal mode versus a transparecny map in Alpha mode.

Now I can see it in real time.

Also because of the real time view I can quickly make adjustments to surface parameters that took hours to refine.

complex Reflections and refrections are now had at a fraction of the render time.

And last but certainly not least.

Radiosity is now a "reality" and not just something you whip out for stills.

F-Prime.........its like that commercial with the little doggy that smiles in the air conditioning. Good Dog.

I would, just as James said, turn around and drop another 1K for it.

But lets not say that too much or Steve might get a bright idea.