PDA

View Full Version : L8 modeler-SubD not removed from stack?

anieves
04-21-2004, 09:25 PM
humm, am I missing something here? I just checked out the demo video of modeler SubD removed from the undo stack but I don't seem to get the same results... my subd (tab) toggle is in the undo stack:confused:

can any L8 user confirm this? is it a preference somewhere?

Vincent Brumbac
04-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Confirmed.

Cheers,

Vincent D. Brumback

MrWyatt
04-22-2004, 01:21 AM
didnīt Proton mentioned that it would be still on default when installed and that it could be set up in the options? or did i dream that? itīs long ago since i saw the demo and i donīt have recieved my upgrade yet so i really cannot tell. but as Proton showed it and the userresponse was so great about that feature, i doubt they removed that feature afterwards. maybe youīll find the answer in the helpfile. good luck, and happy bughuntin.

:D

Exper
04-22-2004, 02:03 AM
They probably put it back for compatibility with some 3rd party plugins (expecially LScript ones)...

now we should have a Preference setting to remove it from the Undo Stack, IMHO...

I don't know if this Preference setting is already there in LW8 (my own copy still lay in NT Europe's offices). ;)

Bye.

anieves
04-22-2004, 07:21 AM
well if there is a preference for that it's very well hidden. I can not find it in the help system either.

I was really looking forward to that feature...

Matt
04-22-2004, 07:29 AM
I don't have LW8 yet but try checking the LW8.cfg file

NanoGator
04-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Hehe I wonder if the dev team heard some of our complaints about it.

WizCraker
04-22-2004, 12:21 PM
They show the video still on the feature list

Located Here (http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/product/8/features.php#SpeedandWorkflowOptimizations)

Lynx3d
04-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Well i never really bothered that SubD is in the undo stack...i set Modeler to 64 undo-levels and actually i sometimes accidently hit tab on a wrong selection and already changed the selection...so undo actually saves me time there :D

kfiram
05-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Proton, Chuck, anyone...
What's up with that?
Was it removed from the undo stack, or did you decide to back out at the last moment?