PDA

View Full Version : Screamernet

Hiraghm
03-19-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm going to try getting screamernet to work with my Linux box, but not til I have it working with my Win98 box...

I run LW on a Win2K system. I've exported the screamernet directory as L: on that system, and on my Win98 system where I'm running LWSN. When I launch screamernet, and click on Screamer Init, I'm told "No available ScreamerNet CPUs were detected."

Everything else seems to be going as planned. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what my screamernet problem might be, or things to try?

I really want to get this working so I can do some renders in the background, so to speak.

Epita
03-19-2003, 03:29 PM
umm, not much help with Screamer net, but try using shadownet, because i dont think screamer supports Linux, ur is that only 7.5b that does. This was metioned a few days ago in PC so have a look their.

Epita

Flat
03-21-2003, 12:30 AM
The error you get means the controller doesn't see the nodes. Basically the controller writes the "job" files (job1, job2 etc.) but gets no "ack" file (ack1, ack2 etc.) in return.

This usually comes from an error in the sharing, or in the config files. Double check that your Win98 node sees the L: drive and has rights to write on it, and also check that your LW config files all refer to the L: drive and not to another one.
Your Screamernet command line should look like this :
L:\Lightwave\programs\lwsn.exe -2 -cL:\lightwave\config L:\lightwave\command\job1 L:\lightwave\command\ack1

This tells the node to use the lwsn on L drive, looking for the config files in L:\Lightwave\config (replace with where your config files are), and to get the job/ack files in L:\lightwave\command (again replace with where you want to get these files).

Once you get that working any more errors will most probably come from wrong paths in either the config files or the scenes.

Phil, barely awake.

Hiraghm
03-21-2003, 04:10 PM
I was pointing LWSN at the L:\Command subdirectory and pointing screamernet control at the L: directory. Worked fine after I fixed that. Thanks muchly for the advice... now to get the Linux node working.......