PDA

View Full Version : Let's get Newtek FAT!

theo
04-21-2004, 06:03 PM
I haven't a clue what the profit margin is on the latest LW8 but my sincere hope is that Newtek has done and will do extremely well financially.

I'll tell you what- people who grouse about spending money on software tools, as far as I am concerned, are losers and whiners. The ONLY way Newtek will become what WE want is if WE support it with CASH- not fluffy-speak and teddy bears but cold, hard cash.

If this company thrives we thrive. And cold, hard cash is quite simply the engine of change.

So that's my ten cents- THRIVE NEWTEK, THRIVE!

Carm3D
04-21-2004, 07:16 PM
You're preaching to the choir, my friend.

Jockomo
04-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Theo, you sound like you have had some sort of revelation about this. I've been sending these guys money for years. Hell, I'd send them more money if they had the sense to make some new T-shirts.

theo
04-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Nah- no revelation here just pre-LW8 economics banter. Ran across a couple of whiners on another locale I visit and had to vent. I decided rather than waste my valuable two cents in that virtual locale I would toss it in the can here and get better results.

Sometimes people get on my nerves. I like people don't get me wrong but my brain can only handle so many mediocres at one time.

Jock- I agree with you man- Newtek's clothing absolutely reeks. Funny thing is look at Macromedia or Adobe- same thing. A microscopic logo on a grey T. Whatever. Geesh- get an artist on it or something and sell amazingly cool brand clothing which would build the brand and make a few nickles on the side.

anieves
04-21-2004, 09:05 PM
he he, I think theo just wanted an excuse to say cold, hard cash many times in a single post:D

Wickster
04-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Well i'd do a T-Shirt Design for NT for free if they let me. its a good addition to my portfolio i haven't started plus show my gratitude for creating Lightwave.
:)

theo
04-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Anieves... you are such a novel little gnome.

If I wanted to roll "cold, hard cash" off my pink little tongue more than once why just say it twice? Why not just do THIS...cold, hard cash- cold, hard cash- cold, hard cash- cold, hard cash- clod, hard, clash- clash, clod harsh- clarsh, clod shack- clad, clod cash- clod, lard clash- clash, hard clocks- oops... looks like the old noggin can only iterate so many times before throwing a spring.

Anyways- one more time just for our novel little gnome Anieves- ICE COLD AND VERY HARD CASH !!! :D

anieves
04-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by theo
Anieves... you are such a novel little gnome.

man, that was supposed to be a secret!

mgreenway
04-22-2004, 01:13 AM
we can pre-order LW9, really?
Its in the mail.:D

hazmat777
04-22-2004, 01:21 AM
I would buy practically anything that had a good LW logo on it. A friend of mine has a bunch of her photography stuff on different items at cafeshops.com. I don't think it would be that much trouble for NT and it would make gift giving a lot easier on our friends and family!

omeone
04-22-2004, 01:48 AM
...and I hope those programmers are spending some of that cold hard cash in warm soft Hawaii by the time [8] is officially released.

cresshead
04-22-2004, 02:54 AM
with all the clothing from various apps like adobe, discreet, intel and turbosquid and 3d connected stuff... turbosquid has the best sweat tops...120mm logo in the front and "suckers" down each of the sleaves and huge logo on the back in VERY bright colours!.....gets me noticed!!!

and looks cool!

hazmat777
04-22-2004, 03:46 AM
I would also buy anything that has Zappa on it.

mattclary
04-22-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by theo
The ONLY way Newtek will become what WE want is if WE support it with CASH

That's why I always buy direct from Newtek, so they don't have to split the profit with a middle-man. :cool:

sclptr
04-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Hey if they wanted to look into a new direction for revenue why not develop a product like something similar to what Bowen does. http://www.bowendesigns.com/

Or like a 7 inch mini bust of a heroic Frazetta like character bursting out of shafts of light emanating from the lightwave logo.

Could sell pretty well.

sadkkf
04-22-2004, 08:43 AM
The LW logo cast at ArtToPart would be pretty slick sitting on my desk. ;)

prospector
04-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Shirts..hats...12X19 mouse mats.... wind breakers...

I would get them all

And how about some keys for the keyboard

They only gottra make 3 designs

Yellow logo...Blue Logo...VT Logo...

then we can place them on the keyboard and program key to open up Layout, modeler, and the VT.
That would look cool.

desk paperweight in blue glass.

Mugs, M&M candy dishes with Logo.

And because I read their manuals while laying in bed at night..some Jammies with logos all over so I can be all snuggly and warm surrounded by LW or VT visions dancing in my head.:D

theo
04-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Hahahah- propector you're a hoot man! Listen to this guy! All snuggly in bed with jammies with Lightwave logos on them- Hahah.... Heck you might as well go all the way prospector boy- get the sheets, pillowcases and wallpaper done too. Heck get your wife's lingerie done while you're at it.

hazmat777
04-23-2004, 02:46 AM
Prospector- Great, positive post!

Nemoid
04-23-2004, 03:43 AM
A friend of mine wanted to build in his car a system to project the Lw logo on the street when opening the car's back door...:D
Lw logo is cool just like the batman one.

meshmaster
04-23-2004, 11:15 AM
(or would it be Layoutman? and Newtek Boy) to come to the rescue like Batman does when we put the logo on the gigantic lights aimed at the sky... Chuck, you need a part time job running around in a Lightwavemobile don't ya!?! :) :o :p

prospector
04-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Heck get your wife's lingerie done while you're at it.

Wife says that's a real good idea :D

She always complains I like LW more than her sometimes, that well placed LW Logos on lingerie would get me closer to her....:D :D

C'mon Newtek, put love back in the world, get those nightime articles out!!!

(that was from wife):D

Maimo
04-23-2004, 02:02 PM
I was talking to Charles Edgin At NAB and he said there was something like 150,000 registerd seats of lightwave out there, if everyone upgrades to 8 the there looking at a cool 75 mil. that's not totally realistic, but the potential is there.

if some of the unregisterd users out there pitched in that would be the iceing on the cake.

Shirts or not I think that Newtek knows what their doing.