PDA

View Full Version : antialiasing objects

PaulyP
03-19-2003, 01:32 PM
Hi

Is it possible to exclude objects from the antialiasing process when rendering a frame?.

Also is it possible to allow antialiasing of the edge of an object with out antialiasing the texture. The reason i ask is that one of my textures is a wood texture with lots of really fine detail that gets lost after antialiasing, but i still want antialiasing on the rest of the scene.

Thanks for your help.

Skonk
03-19-2003, 01:35 PM
In the surface editor u can set atialiasing on or off for textures, it works on a texture by texture basis so if u have a texture applied several times(several layers of it or in different channels) u need to change it for each instance.

James..

PaulyP
03-19-2003, 01:42 PM
Now that was a quick reply - thanks.

Only problem is, it maks no difference, the antialiasing of the camera seems to over rule it - i can change the strength of the antialiasing on a per texture basis but i can't stop it completely.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Paul

PaulyP
03-19-2003, 01:52 PM
Here is the difference between the two images - its not a lot but it gives the wood a bit of a blurred look.

This is actually two different renders - one with camera antialiasing turned on - one off. In both cases the Texture antialiasing in the surface editor was turn off.

Skonk
03-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Try turning pixel blending off too, its right over the tick box for texture antialiasing.

James..

Epita
03-19-2003, 04:38 PM
are you using normall AA, or enhanced? try the other

Epita

:wow half of James, and only 3rd too!:

PaulyP
03-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Thanks guys

I didn't have the pixel shading selected when rendering.

I was using the enhanced AA. I've just tried using normal AA and got a better result for the stamp - so thanks for that. I just hope that when i put the rest of the scene together, normal AA is OK for that aswell - only time will tell.

Anyway thanks again for your help and suggestions guys.

Paul.

Skonk
03-20-2003, 02:27 PM
U could also try using the same texture in other channels (spec, gloss, bump) to help bring out the detail.

James..

Mylenium
03-21-2003, 10:59 AM
If it doesn't bother you too much, you could also try compositing your final scene externally. However, it is a bit strange to want to get rid of antialiasing. Especially if it is going to be an animation you well encounter heavy flickering from frame to frame.

Mylenium