PDA

View Full Version : Important consumer advisory regarding LW8

Verlon
04-20-2004, 03:23 PM
So I head out to the mailbox in eager anticipation of a possible delivery. After all, I am less than 100 miles from Newtek's San Antonio office. It is reasonable to believe there might be a present for me in my mailbox.

I make my way down the long driveway and see the little yellow flag up on my mailbox indicating the postman has been by today.

I open the mailbox, and there, underneath the electric bill is a DVD case. Already jubilant, I take the mail from the mailbox, and move the "can be paid later" electric bill to the back of the line so that I can feast my eyes upon...

FREE AOL????? WTH is THAT? @!#%!#@$%!$#@%!!!!!!!

Don't let this happen to you. Double check your packages before you get too excited.

prospector
04-20-2004, 04:09 PM
gee..100 miles

you could get yours within 1 1/2 hrs after releasing.

they probably started with the furthest from San Antonio and are working thier way back
which means...........:(
:D :D

just take lunch and drive there and get it personally;)

Being here in Calif, puts us on the list to get mailed AFTER Europe.:(

tjacobs
04-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Time for a road trip. I wonder if they will let me get my copy if I drove down there.

GeorgeDittmar
04-20-2004, 08:06 PM
if not i am sure you could get a calander :D

Verlon
04-21-2004, 10:14 AM
According to Newtek (on the phone just now), they have only shipped 'a couple hundred' LW8's out for people. Most of the pre orders have not shipped.

Further, I could not simply drive by and pick up a copy until next week. This is when the bulk of the pre-orders will be shipped. So I guess the email about it shipping THIS week was something of an exaggeration. While they technically did BEGIN shipping, most of us will not receive it for another week, even if you are willing to drive by the office.

Further, he was unalble to give even provide a date I could drive by the office, though he did say that I could when it shipped.

HEAR ME NEWTEK! Get me Lightwave 8 soon, or I am coming by with the super-soaker!!!!

mattclary
04-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Man, I can't believe I actually got lucky enough to be in the first batch! Usually I have the suckiest luck when it comes to this kind of stuff.

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered a recliner at the end of March, was told it would be here the 9th, and it still has not shown up. :(

lede
04-21-2004, 11:57 AM
mattclary, Hmm recliner, LightWave 8. Tough decision but I think I would go for the LW8 update more than a relicner:( You know that old saying? If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck? Well I live by this matto so since I order the upgrade you got bumped up to luckier while I get the esteemed fortune to wait another month for my copy.

Truth be said I'm still having fun with 7.5c so no hurry for me here :)

-Lee

MiniFireDragon
04-21-2004, 02:46 PM
I am in the same luck boat with mattclary. I either get my stuff late, or if it arrives on time it's damaged. Especially when I really really need it. So I am happy and surprised.

Also, the disks were almost damaged. They are using what looks like a 2 disc holder for 4 discs. When I opened up the box there were 2 lose dics, and one looked like bad, the other somewhat better. And of course, the worst looking one had to be the important one!! It does work though, and if it didn't, I own 2 DiscDr's and would have resurfaced it before I called Newtek up and started screaming.

Silkrooster
04-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Verlon,
Did you ask Newtek if they had a drive through window so you could drive down there and order your McLightwave 8.:D

TSpyrison
04-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by mattclary
Man, I can't believe I actually got lucky enough to be in the first batch! Usually I have the suckiest luck when it comes to this kind of stuff.

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered a recliner at the end of March, was told it would be here the 9th, and it still has not shown up. :(

I ordered a new 3.4 ghz Dell Insperon XPS notebook, so I could sit in the comfort of my couch and be a lighwave 8 junkie..

Ordered it on the 12th. Was supposed to ship on the 20th..

Found out yesterday they aren't gonna ship it for 7 more weeks :(