PDA

View Full Version : TED Edit Panel Properties question

stoolpigeon
03-19-2003, 11:28 AM
I have read it before, but forgot to note it..........

How do you force the edit panel to always stay on the screen you select...such as AUDIO, COMPOSITING, MOTION BUILDER, POSITIONING, etc?

I have a project where I adjust many audio clips and everytime I select another clip to edit, it goes back to the default screen and I must re-select Audio.....argh, it's driving me crazy!!! :-)

Thanks,
Chad

creach
03-19-2003, 01:41 PM
At the bottom of Ted is a round button with an "E" in it's center. Select it, then do not close the edit properties panel.

As you select clips, the edit properties panel will come to the front of the Toaster desktop. If you select a different module, the edit properties panel will move to the back...

Did that help?

Dan

ted
03-20-2003, 11:33 PM
The only problem with this is that it seems to use a lot of resources by the way it stutters a little as you change through the clips.
I understand that T3's Properties panel will be 10 times faster. I hope that means it won't take up as much power???

stoolpigeon
03-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Nooooooooo, wrong answer :-)

WHEN the edit properties panel IS open, and for instance you select AUDIO edit on a specific clip on the storyboard to edit.....when I switch to the next clip, the AUDIO EDIT screen is replaced with the default screen which is VIDEO: MOTION BUILDER.....then I must re-select the AUDIO edit to edit the audio on the next clip on the storyboard....then when I select the next clip, it defaults back to VIDEO: MOTION BUILDER.

I just want it to stay on the particular function I want to edit without changing. So, if I am editing AUDIO, it always stays there....or POSITIONING, it stays there.

Ok, anyone with the answer :-)

Thanks,
Chad

johnnylandrover
03-21-2003, 02:33 PM
I asked this question about six months ago and the answer was it always goes back to the default setting, motion builder. Pretty stupid for a default if you ask me. How many people are using motion builder on a regular basis to edit. It should always pop up with the last panel you used. Hopefully T3 will fix this annoying problem!

Johnny:rolleyes:

Jim Capillo
03-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Have you tried to multiple select clips then edit them? Mayhaps the panel would remain the same then ?????

RuiFeliciano
03-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Maybe he doesn't want all clips having the same propeties...just a thought...but he is the one who should know...

stoolpigeon
03-24-2003, 11:11 AM
I tried it on multiple clips a looooooong time ago and it doesn't work. I wish it would have been similar to the FLYER where you could select multiple clips and then it would automatically go to the next clip you selected.

I remember an earlier version of Toaster 2.0 where it would stay on the same edit screen everytime you changed clips, because I was able to change settings so easily. Now, it just reverts back to "GOOD OLE STANDARD" that we hardly ever use.

It still seems like I read on some post that there was a way to force it to stay on a particular screen....perhaps a macro or script that did it? I can't remember. :-( waaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks for any help and those who have so far :-)
Chad

SBowie
03-24-2003, 11:27 AM
Ideally, the panel would be 'smart enough' to present the last-used settings window in a context sensitive way.

For example, if you used Advanced Audio props when you last selected an audio sample, but Positioning when you last selected a video clip, the next click on either type of timeline/storyboard entry should present the relevant setting window. Hope springs eternal...

vip3dran
03-24-2003, 06:23 PM
I have an answer somewhat similar to Steve's reply above.

If you select a clip (with audio) and go to edit properties, Audio:advanced, and then select another clip by clicking on the video portion, you will get video:motion builder. You will get this due to your selecting the video portion. If you had clicked on the audio track instead of the video track, edit properties would still be in audio:advanced.

Same thing applies for video clips. If you are working in edit properties, say on a clip's color correction and then select another video clip - the properties panel will stay on video:color correction.

SBowie
03-24-2003, 06:59 PM
See, it's almost there already ... :D