PDA

View Full Version : live type for T3 ??

tw video
04-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Hello everyone,
I was hoping that someone knows if Live Type or any other CG program (besides AURA) is availabe for the T3.
I was at a local FOX affiliate and they are using Final Cut 4. I really liked all the CG moves this program has, plus the ease to get the CG's to effet on and off.
I really hope there is a program like this I can use as a plug-in for the T3.
I know of all the great effects available in AURA....but it was so nice to just drag and drop the CG and the effect, and it is done. I hope there is a CG solution soon so I can get the same type effects and great looking CG's that are availabe to those using Final Cut 4.

Rich Deustachio
04-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Unless you use Aura or Lightwave the CG options are limited. This is one area we hope they address soon.

ScorpioProd
04-19-2004, 11:23 PM
LiveType is a great CG, that Apple bought up and made exclusively part of FCP4, so no, you can't get it for ANY other NLE.

But, you may still be able to find a copy of India Pro CG somewhere, since that's what LiveType really is, it's not like Apple actually invented it, or changed it. I love India Pro CG and use it all the time with my VT[3].

I wish there were other programs like it, but I'm afraid there may be patents protecting it, so I wouldn't count on anything similar coming.

Demon8
05-07-2004, 12:28 PM
ScorpioProd,
How do you pull India Pro into VT3, I also have India Pro and trying to learn how to use it. But don't know how to bring it in to VT3.

ScorpioProd
05-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Well, India Pro has to render to QT, so you just take the QT into Aura and convert it to a RTV+alpha.

Demon8
05-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks, I've tried that, but I didn't tell it +alpha.