PDA

View Full Version : NAB Live broadcast

brachinac
04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Anyone have a problem with video stream?
I can hear only audio and there is no video... just black. WMP 9 starts and opens video overlay but there is no picture.

Any suggestions?

pilkiwilky
04-19-2004, 03:29 PM
click on the "view in external window" option - that works for me

Kurtis
04-19-2004, 03:36 PM
By any chance are you trying to view it on the second screen of a two-monitor setup? If so, try viewing it on the first monitor instead.

brachinac
04-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Not working at all.
Trying to watch within the browser (IE and OPERA) and on the external player window but nothing.. just sound.

Of course that I'm watching on my primary screen.

Maybe doesn't work because I have only 56k modem connection :(

Thanks people.

Rory_L
04-19-2004, 11:18 PM
When I opened it in the external window there were two streams listed. Clicking both I found that one was only carrying the sound and not the video. The other was OK but choppy and slow.

Try it again and see if you`ve got a choice of streams.

Or wait a few days and watch the recordings someone is undoubtedly going to post!

R

New2Lw
04-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Anyone having problems viewing the broadcast today? (thursday)

I keep getting a refused connection. Seems the machine is up, just won't let me connect. Also, for some reason the broadcast in the virtual booth has a different link that doesn't work.

trying to connect to :
mms://newtektv.com/NAB2004

The other link :
http://www.newtek.com/shows/nab/2004/streams.asx

Eric

byte_fx
04-22-2004, 11:41 AM
What broadcast ???

NAB videocast seems to be off-the-air.

Had no problems watching it the other days but nada today.

Tried four different systems connected to four different ISPs - nothing but black screen.

Wanted to catch the last of the LW 8 demos as little more info seems to trickle out with each one.

Guess I'll have to wait longer for my upgrade to arrive.

byte_fx

byte_fx
04-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Just had a chance to get back online.

Anyway - shortly after my previous post Newtek pulled the plug a day early on the NAB broadcasts for unknown reasons - I assume "technical difficulties".

The link on their site was changed to read that the broadcasts are over - no further info was given. But the broadcast schedule page still shows Thursday as being a full day. Oh well - - - -

Hope the (presumed} 2004 SIGGRAPH 'cast goes smoother than this one did. Last years was great.

byte_fx

Lynx man
04-22-2004, 08:25 PM
That post was just placed there. There were issues early today (Thursday) with the broadcast however they did get it running and I watched it until the end. Just FYI

Kurtis
04-23-2004, 02:12 PM
The stream was not ended early.

There were some techincal difficulties on the show floor early in the day, that caused the stream to start later than anticipated.

The stream was scheduled to end at 4pm PST. The message that the stream was over was posted at approx. 4:30pm PST.