PDA

View Full Version : I just received LightWave8!

Norman
04-19-2004, 01:49 PM
LightWave8 arrived today and my computer is in the shop!

:mad:

MadMax
04-19-2004, 02:25 PM
I got mine also.

but I am currently installing mine.

Norman
04-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Oh sure, rub it in!!! :(

Ramon
04-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Ok. Not to bring up something that may have been brought up before in another thread but, is LW 8 going to trickle in for users based on when they ordered the upgrade?
I ordered so freaking long ago I can't even remember. It was when they first opened up ordering for 8 (however long ago that was).
GEEEZ, I want 8 now. (As I'm sure all of us do).

WizCraker
04-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Oh sure tease us like that. How did you get it UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL?

akota
04-19-2004, 04:40 PM
I know I'm probably about the only one who cares, but of those of you who have received LW8, is there any indication of Linux rendering support???

Thanks,

Jason

MadMax
04-19-2004, 04:42 PM
It just came by way of regular snail mail.

funny thing, I was expecting to be waiting at least another 2 weeks.

and no, nothing Linux related.

akota
04-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by MadMax
It just came by way of regular snail mail.

funny thing, I was expecting to be waiting at least another 2 weeks.

and no, nothing Linux related.

:(

Thanks for looking!

Hulk
04-19-2004, 06:35 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh gimme gimme gimme

MrKnight
04-19-2004, 06:41 PM
When is LightWave 9 coming out!!??

Just Kidding!!:p

lots
04-19-2004, 06:56 PM
*wants a linux version of lightwave...*

alas its not my decision.. o well..

i guess ill have to reinstall windows soon :)

MadMax
04-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by lots
*wants a linux version of lightwave...*

i guess ill have to reinstall windows soon :)

You can avoid Windows by using Crossover Office 2.1, WineX or VMWare.

Lightwave, Photoshop, Illustrator all run just fine.

Alec Trevelyan
04-19-2004, 07:38 PM
funny, i preordered in December, and i haven't received an e-mail since the UVEditPro freebie...:(

TripD
04-19-2004, 07:51 PM
'funny, i preordered in December, and i haven't received an e-mail since the UVEditPro freebie...'

I ordered at Siggraph last year. At 30 frames per, that works out to be about 804,600,000 frames ago 8P

tomtm
04-19-2004, 07:53 PM
I guess it's a big joke. Aha, now they send their
packages via snail-mail..... A few years ago, they talked about
a downloadable Version 8.0
Ok, why complain, because we bought DFX+ and we
will get Upgrade 8 as a gift......
While Alias is getting bigger and better, Newtek shows a
behavior which isn't explainable in today's market.
Alias is doing a great marketing, and they have also a
good product and are successful.
They have a usable demo, pdf's for help you to get in from other packages (this isn't expensive)

Newtek has/had a great products Lightwave, Aura, Toaster
but I can't understand there calm way of presence.

Greets Tom

Cutty
04-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Got mine today to. I opened the box and it was a seat of Maya 6 Unlimited and a copy of Avid Express Pro with Mojo.

It was worth the wait after all!

Thanks Newtek

Alec Trevelyan
04-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Cutty
Got mine today to. I opened the box and it was a seat of Maya 6 Unlimited and a copy of Avid Express Pro with Mojo.

It was worth the wait after all!

Thanks Newtek

you got what in the what now? maya 6? i'm all confused now...

lots
04-19-2004, 09:33 PM
You can avoid Windows by using Crossover Office 2.1, WineX or VMWare.

indeed i could.. however winex cost money (granted not a lot) and VMWare is just a virtual machine running windows .. meaning that it will be slower, even if it wont be too much slower.. it would effect my higher poly models.. also vmware also costs money :P

so that leaves me to my windows XP pro cd which already has been paid for.. plus i'd be running it straight .. and getting the best performance out of it...

kirk
04-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Received a call from home today that I received LW[8], just before having to head into a THREE-HOUR meeting.

Meetings, especially excruciatingly boring and long ones, go a LOT slower when all your thinking about is racing home to checkout the latest incarnation of LW. Not as painful as having the computer in the shop, but still, I should get a Little sympothy, no? :)

Koodos to Newtek on the Box. I was expecting a multi-hour download (even DSL is slow when your competing against a kazillion rabid LW fans for bandwidth), it's nice to have cds in a snazzy case. No waiting!

Well, back to fun stuff...

gjjackson
04-20-2004, 06:07 AM
Just curious. Did anyone get an email saying it was shipped along with a tracking number. Without an email you wouldn't know if it was shipped or not. I don't know how many times in dealing with the Postal system that it got lost in the mail. I sure would be disappointed if they ship that way. What's really bad is when you send in a credit card payment and they don't get it. You get charged a huge amount if they don't get the payment on time, and you don't know it until the next statement. Then you also have to stop payment on the check. It amounts to more than $50 just because of the Post Office. This happens frequently with USPS and there's no recourse.

Red_Oddity
04-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Norman
LightWave8 arrived today and my computer is in the shop!

:mad:

Sooo...how the heck did you get this message on this board then?

prospector
04-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Without an email you wouldn't know if it was shipped or not.

Yer right!

Maby Newtek could post a message here saying that ALL pre-orders have been sent so if we are still waiting after that for more than 3 or 4 days then we know something is wrong.

It would help some by not pestering the mailman daily 3 weeks after the backorders have been filled.

WizCraker
04-20-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by prospector
Without an email you wouldn't know if it was shipped or not.

Yer right!

Maby Newtek could post a message here saying that ALL pre-orders have been sent so if we are still waiting after that for more than 3 or 4 days then we know something is wrong.

It would help some by not pestering the mailman daily 3 weeks after the backorders have been filled.

I agree. I guess the only thing we can complain about now is that they need to work on their logistics skills.

MadMax
04-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by WizCraker
I agree. I guess the only thing we can complain about now is that they need to work on their logistics skills.

Newtek's e-mail of last week quite clearly stated their scehdule for shipping. They clearly defined when they would start shipping. It takes time to mail out all those orders, it's coming.

Expecting individual personal e-Mails for mass shippings isn't realistic. "your order has been shipped".

They also made it quite clear that you should contact CS if you have not received an email from them. I did and it's a good thing as they had an old address and email, even though I have purchased from them directly since then.

WizCraker
04-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Newtek's e-mail of last week quite clearly stated their scehdule for shipping. They clearly defined when they would start shipping. It takes time to mail out all those orders, it's coming.

Telling users that they have a plan on shipping the product is different than getting it to the users. With user who ordered a year ago not getting it first yet ones that ordered it 8 days ago getting it first. There is something wrong with that.

Expecting individual personal e-Mails for mass shippings isn't realistic. "your order has been shipped".

Unrealistic? I think it would be. I've ordered online from many companies for instance Amazon, Dell, Crucial and they have no problem informing their customers when the product has been shipped. I've even ordered from small companies such as puttyworld.com where it is ran by a two people. I recieved a email stating that the product was shipped. It is not unrealistic to get a email informing of my order being shipped.

They also made it quite clear that you should contact CS if you have not received an email from them. I did and it's a good thing as they had an old address and email, even though I have purchased from them directly since then.

I did also and they had an old address as well. Even though they had no problems getting DFX+ to me 7 months back.

MadMax
04-20-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by WizCraker
Telling users that they have a plan on shipping the product is different than getting it to the users. With user who ordered a year ago not getting it first yet ones that ordered it 8 days ago getting it first. There is something wrong with that.

I ordered mine a year ago now. I also was one of the first posters to confirm getting it. I can't speak to those getting after waiting a week.

Unrealistic? I think it would be. I've ordered online from many companies for instance Amazon, Dell, Crucial and they have no problem informing their customers when the product has been shipped.

Lets be realistic here.... If you order something from Amazon, you are not ording a product that has thousands of people waiting for it to ship, and having to ship thousands of copies at once.

Same goes with ordering computer junk from Dell, or ram from crucial. Their CS dept can handle orders on an individual basis.

I've even ordered from small companies such as puttyworld.com where it is ran by a two people. I recieved a email stating that the product was shipped. It is not unrealistic to get a email informing of my order being shipped.

Not even remotely similar. So yeah, this is unrealistic.

gjjackson
04-20-2004, 12:03 PM
I double- checked the e-mail and it says you should get it by the end of the month. I guess I'll give it about a week after that, then call the P.O. and cuss them out, just for the hell of it. Then call Newtek and ask nicely for them to reship it.

The email also said that is was being bulk mailed by a fulfillment house. I would hope Newtek wouldn't give email addresses out to a third party (fulfillment house).

It had been so long since I read the email and many other in the meantime I had forgotten most of what it said. They only part I did remember is LW 8 SHIPPING . I was blinded by the 'Light' wave and everything else.

prospector
04-20-2004, 01:59 PM

Hu??

We passed that point, and went to;

Maby Newtek could post a message here saying that ALL pre-orders have been sent

So posting a message like;

All backorders have been filled

somewhere on this discussion site (even if it's a locked thread after), so we can know if ours got lost in the mail or mailman kept it, would not be like e-mailing everyone.

Kinda just being interested in costomers sanity, so they woupldn't be camped out by the mailbox day after day waiting for something that was shipped weeks ago.

Because things DO get lost in the mail...
I'm still waiting for my Newtek Pro magazines that I subscribed to.

pilkiwilky
04-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Got mine today snail mail - woohoo!

Martin Adams
04-20-2004, 04:07 PM
I must say that so far, NewTek have delivered above my expectations. While I haven't yet received my copy of LW8, I guess I was pretty much surprised (and pleased) that they gave a licence for UVEditPro along with shipping via post what was originally going to be a download.

The latest email I received from NewTek was on the 2nd of April where they wanted to confirm my delivery address. In there, no mention of when the software was going to be shipped. Being in the UK I will expect it to take longer than normal.

I guess my main concern is, how do I know if I should have got it when I haven't got it?

Nonetheless, I can't way to give it a whirl!

Jinx
04-20-2004, 07:39 PM
i also preordered almost a year ago( because of the "one month deal for dfx+ ......which is still on....) and still dont have it 2 days after someone posted they just ordered it and received it a week later. Am i the only one to still not have it?

this blows

WizCraker
04-20-2004, 10:56 PM
frustrating I know.

mkiii
04-21-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Martin Adams
I must say that so far, NewTek have delivered above my expectations. While I haven't yet received my copy of LW8, I guess I was pretty much surprised (and pleased) that they gave a licence for UVEditPro along with shipping via post what was originally going to be a download.

The latest email I received from NewTek was on the 2nd of April where they wanted to confirm my delivery address. In there, no mention of when the software was going to be shipped. Being in the UK I will expect it to take longer than normal.

I guess my main concern is, how do I know if I should have got it when I haven't got it?

Nonetheless, I can't way to give it a whirl!

I have it on good authority (BV) that NT-Europe are indeed now starting to ship orders in Europe.

I'm not sure of the numbers involved, but I'm asuming its a lot, so shipping may take a week or so, depending on when your number comes up. :cool:

BeeVee
04-21-2004, 03:11 AM
It is a lot, and I think that "a few weeks" is a better estimation of the time we'll need, not only to ship, but also for people to receive - we'll have parcels going all over the place! :)

B

tudor
04-21-2004, 03:25 AM
BeeVee:
Please say that I'm one of the first numbers!!! :)

Otherwise.. Hmm.. 100 Euros extra if you send it today... Mmmkay? ;)

pauland
04-21-2004, 04:07 AM
Ben,

Just ship by alphabetical surname - keep things simple...

Paul (Andrews)

tudor
04-21-2004, 04:44 AM
Yes.. Please do that..

Hmm.. Andersson should be at the beginning then :)

grundgedanke
04-21-2004, 04:44 AM
thatīll be allright :)

stefan brink

BeeVee
04-21-2004, 04:46 AM
...but we're going in reverse alphabetical order so that I get mine quickly... :)

B

pauland
04-21-2004, 04:50 AM
My friends call me Paul Zandrews.

I won't say what the others call me.. ;-)

tudor
04-21-2004, 05:08 AM
Ahh damn.. Seems like I'm back to trying to bribe you again then ;)

Martin Adams
04-21-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by mkiii
I have it on good authority (BV) that NT-Europe are indeed now starting to ship orders in Europe.

I'm not sure of the numbers involved, but I'm asuming its a lot, so shipping may take a week or so, depending on when your number comes up. :cool:

No, no, you don't want to over complicate things. Alphabetical ascending will be fine :D

Martin Adams
04-21-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by BeeVee
...but we're going in reverse alphabetical order so that I get mine quickly... :)

B

Whoops, I was meant to quote BeeVee :eek:

Chris Partridge
04-21-2004, 08:37 AM
I'm still waiting for my update CD and hopefully it'll be here in the week. But I would speak up in defence of NewTek, especially their European arm. They've always been most prompt to any queries or problems I had (ie when I lost all my registration stuff in a HDD failure), and it's been excellent service at that. So hang in there and enjoy the product once it arrives.

badllarma
04-21-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by BeeVee

B

LOL now that is funny :D If only the private jet was not at the garage I'd fly over and save you the postage with as many UK users who want to come :)

Andyjaggy
04-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Just think that circulating around the country right now are hundreds of boxes of Lightwave 8 all heading happily to there prospective owners. My only fear is that it will get delivered and my roommates will mistake it for junk and throw it away before I get home, oh the horror.

badllarma
04-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Andyjaggy
Just think that circulating around the country right now are hundreds of boxes of Lightwave 8 all heading happily to there prospective owners. My only fear is that it will get delivered and my roommates will mistake it for junk and throw it away before I get home, oh the horror.

Just pray it's not got AOL written on the package :D

Ramon
04-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Jinx
i also preordered almost a year ago( because of the "one month deal for dfx+ ......which is still on....) and still dont have it 2 days after someone posted they just ordered it and received it a week later. Am i the only one to still not have it?

this blows

No, your not the only one. I'm really ticked off about the fact that I, as you, ordered LW8 upgrade way back when it was first offered and we're not in the as newtek calls it, "first batch" - yet, someone who ordered it one week ago receives the freaking thing first. That's not right at all.
The fist who ordered it should get it first.

GCL
04-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Same situation. Bought upgrade last July. I've not received an email regarding current address notification or whatever. Sent off 2 days ago an email to Newtek for product confirmation, etc.
Did receive an email for the UVEditPro though & registered !

Will attempt to call by landline soon. Be advising forum.

Contacted Newtek today by telephone and passed on the LW7.5 S/N received with the DFX+ disks. Apparently not on file. Now they know and told mass mailing due out near future. Good to go for now !

:D

Ramon
04-21-2004, 04:11 PM
I mean, it's only logical, the first to buy, the first to receive.
Now that's not a difficult concept to grasp, right?

ACLOBO
04-21-2004, 04:33 PM
The most logical way they are probably shipping is by region. If you go by when someone bought it, then that would be a nightwarish waste of time and resources. THink about it - they have to go and look up all the MANY dates that lightwave was purchased and then ship out by chronilogial order. Instead, mailing out by region is more logical and faster. You simply look at who is in this region or that. Just be patient people. I have not received mine either - but I have waited this long, I can wait a little longer......

-Adrian

Gregor
04-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Newtek doesn't have any control over when you recieve it, only when it is shipped. And even then, since they are using a fulfillment house, it's possible (perhaps even likely) that they aren't specifying the shipment order in the first place.

I can't imagine that the fulfillment company has a little sheet for clients that says "check here if you want alphabetical shipping order, here if you want chronological, here if you want to ship to richest clients first, here if you want a random order chosen by three blind monkeys, or here if you want to annoy your early adopters as much as possible".

freekmoby
04-21-2004, 05:25 PM
I want to upgrade to 8 from 7.5, I know the people who have pre-ordered 8 are starting to get it now. I have newtek bucks to use towards it, but I need to purchase from a reseller to use the bucks, does anyone no when we can purchase 8 from a reseller and recieve it?

Thanks

mkiii
04-22-2004, 04:54 AM
I think it might be a better idea to ask your reseller this question, rather than posting it here, since no one knows which one you are going to use.

They should all have some contact details, so a quick phone call or email might still net you a pre-order copy, since LW8 is still not officially released.

Darksuit
04-22-2004, 04:18 PM
So is LW[8] the pre-order/update shipping with the manual or is that only going to be in digital format on the CD.

- Still waiting on my copy to arrive sometime hopefullybefore the end of the month...

wizard
04-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Got mine today too!

Up and running on a dual G4 450
with 10.2.8 with a little more than half a Gig of ram and original AGP card and a crappy ATI 128 on second monitor. So far so good. It is kinda doggy with high poly models however. Better than I expected.

New BRIDGE tool is awsome!

Thanks NEWTEK!

akota
04-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by wizard
Got mine today too!

Up and running on a dual G4 450
with 10.2.8 with a little more than half a Gig of ram and original AGP card and a crappy ATI 128 on second monitor. So far so good. It is kinda doggy with high poly models however. Better than I expected.

New BRIDGE tool is awsome!

Thanks NEWTEK!

Just for grins, where are you located?

wacom
04-22-2004, 05:01 PM
I think I ordered last june or so...and I received the DFX+ deal when you still got a seperate dongle! Anyone get it who ordered it BEFORE this time frame?

I don't have it yet....

byte_fx
04-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Still waiting along with (it seems) a lot of people.

Don't know and can't begin to guess the number of pre-orders that have to filled.

Anyway - I happened to visit a fulfillment hpuse on business a couple of years ago and I can tell you things moved really fast there. For orders that had to be assembled - collationg different items into a package - there were long tables with a different package item in front of each person - maybe 10-12 people per table depending on the project. Each person would add their item to the bundle and pass it to their right until the budle had made it's way to the end of the table and had been boxed. Then the bundle had a pre-printed address label afixed and went to the mail cart that wss taken to post office (along with other project mailings) once an hour.

Depending on contents a single table could mall 200-500 items an hour.

So I suspect any hold-ups will be from getting the product to the fulfillment people.

Which doesn't make the waiting any easier.

byte_fx -

gjjackson
04-22-2004, 10:37 PM
I just happened to be pondering about shipping US Mail. I could get it on Saturday. :rolleyes: :eek: :) :)

Lottmedia
04-22-2004, 10:47 PM
So if we think they're doing it by areas, in what areas are the people who already received it. I'm in Colorado and no LW here. I'm also probable in the earliest batches as far as time goes (bought mine april 2 of last year, upgrade window started april 1st.) but my situation is a little wierd, I bought 7.5 before 8 was even the dream that it became, so I'm not sure if I qualify as a pre-order, and upgrade or what. In any case I didn't get DFX or anything (except the UV Pro thingie)

Darksuit
04-22-2004, 11:24 PM
I am in somewhat the same boat, I recieved my copy at GDC this year, so I able to get the UV Edit Pro but no DFX+.

Its been a little wierd since the last time I really used lightwave was when I was starting my AA in animation (now have a Bachelors in Animation) and that was prior to the release of 6. So the changes from 5.6 to 7.5 were nice but I am looking forward to [8].

wizard
04-23-2004, 08:12 AM
I'm located in central Calif.

Lottmedia
04-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Just talked to the wonderful people at Cust. Serv. and they told me that since there was so much info, they're not doing a download and everyone who got the e-mail will get physical copies!!!! Yeah!

Now if it will just show up....

Elemental233
04-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Has Any one in Canada recived LW8 yet, any one know when it is going to be shipping in Canada.?

lots
04-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Has anyone in the South Eastern United States recieved thier copy yet?

Just curious .. because im anxious :)

gjjackson
04-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Well, hell. Has anyone in Kansas got theirs yet. Tomorrow is still a possibility.

akota
04-23-2004, 05:18 PM
I think there's a story on CNN about this:

http://www.cnn.com/stories/04232004/newtek/index.html (http://www.akota.com/newtek/index.html)

Darksuit
04-23-2004, 06:28 PM
That was funny... =)
Still no Lightwave here in Silcone Valley. Bay Area, CA

Elemental233
04-23-2004, 07:06 PM
akota

You are right you do have too much time on your hands.. hehehe..

Martin Adams
04-24-2004, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by akota
I think there's a story on CNN about this:

http://www.cnn.com/stories/04232004/newtek/index.html (http://www.akota.com/newtek/index.html)

lol, just wait until the search engines pick that one up :).

phil lawson
04-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Darn... Phil Lawson!!!! I'm stuck in the middle no matter what :(

LOL ;)

Andyjaggy
04-24-2004, 09:55 AM
I checked my mail today, only to find a free aol CD. Although I am in the middle of modeling a Bugatti 57 and if LW were to come today I would have no choice but to install it right away and that would probably slow down my modeling for the time being as I try to figure out all the new tools.

issaid
04-24-2004, 12:01 PM
does anyone know the deal with the electronic upgraders. When I bought LW7.5 in January they said I get a free electronic upgrade. I got an email last week saying I would get it this week. But I haven't got another email or anything yet. Any people with the electronic upgrade got it?

--
issaid

pauland
04-24-2004, 12:05 PM
issaid - those expecting an electronic upgrade will be getting CDs delivered via the post. There will be no download via the net.

Paul

byte_fx
04-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Anybody had a chance to check out particle FX and/or hypervoxel changes (if any) yet?

I've been holding off on buying Napalm/Pyro to see what LW 8 has to offer along these lines.

Thanks -

byte_fx

Chuck
04-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Okay, here's the news - the fulfillment house got all the production done last week and was able to begin packing and shipping - they informed us this afternoon that they should have the majority of the upgrades packed and mailed today and the rest will be packed and mailed tomorrow.

Elemental233
04-26-2004, 05:40 PM
thanks for the info chuck. have a great day, its sunny here and im tanning out side with my laptop. oh how i love it here..

WizCraker
04-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Chuck,

Thanks,

If it were not for you communicating to the users we would all be lost in the woods.

Lost_Soul
04-26-2004, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the update Chuck.

Very much appreciated.

Ramon
04-26-2004, 07:30 PM
I echo those sentiments.
Thanks for the heads up.

Hurben
04-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Chuck = the ghost of newtek communication :) thanks

TripD
04-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Much thanks Chuck!!

spec24
04-27-2004, 06:47 AM

Yeah - I contacted them, and only after 3 emails (they're getting better) I got a reply. A reply to the address confirmation? No! Only to the UVEdit Pro question. So now I'll have to send out another email....wait......and then another...... wait..... then get angry and send another.....wait..... and finally hear from someone.

Lottmedia
04-27-2004, 08:07 AM
So we have to wait more? I was hoping with the flurry of people getting the product I might see it this week. Now it's just teasing. I've waited for more than a year now.

chrisdz
04-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Well, the upgrade fee just showed up on my credit card - so if they're true to their word, that means a Lightwave 8 upgrade should be on its way to me at this point.

Of course, that's assuming that the "lightwave 7.5 from 6" upgrade receipt I got when I submitted my order was a simple technical mistake. I emailed customer service a few days ago to make sure and still haven't heard anything.

Heh. If another LW7.5 shows up at my door, I'm gonna have a hemorrhage.

Jinx
04-28-2004, 04:07 PM
still nothing....

MadMax
04-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by spec24
So now I'll have to send out another email....wait......and then another...... wait..... then get angry and send another.....wait..... and finally hear from someone.

Not to be sarcastic or anything but have you considered the telephone?

Took me all of a minute or so to get through, and another 5 to get my info straight with them.

Never understood people waiting for weeks on emaisl and complaining.

Of course if you can't use the 800 number they provide for some reason, that might be a problem.

WizCraker
04-28-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by chrisdz
Well, the upgrade fee just showed up on my credit card

If the charge showed up on my Card again I think I would be disputing it with my bank. I remember them charging 8 months ago when they sent me DFX+.

Did you just order it?

zapper1998
04-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Is NewTek sending them by certified mail ????

spec24
04-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Not to be sarcastic or anything but have you considered the telephone?

Took me all of a minute or so to get through, and another 5 to get my info straight with them.

Never understood people waiting for weeks on emaisl and complaining.

Of course if you can't use the 800 number they provide for some reason, that might be a problem.

If they're not going to reply to emails then they shouldn't offer a customer service email address should they? People complain because we expect customer service to reply to a customer regardless of the means of communication. So if I'm deaf I'm sh** outta luck? Or maybe I've talked to enough "customer support technicians" to know that I don't want to talk to another one, on the telephone. If there's one thing that I have learned growing up in this country is that customer service reps have no idea what the term service means and must've learned manners from Mike Tyson. I don't feel like having my day ruined by talking to another rude customer service rep - I'd much rather have their rudeness locked within an email where I at least can't hear their tone of voice.

Signal to Noise
04-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah...anyhoo...:rolleyes:

Got mine today thru Fedex!

Btw, is there anything to watch out for when installing, especially considering I have 7.5c installed along with Worley PIs and UVEdit? The instructions that came with [8] cover new installations. Should I treat this upgrade as a new install?

MadMax
04-28-2004, 10:55 PM
If they're not going to reply to emails then they shouldn't offer a customer service email address should they? People complain because we expect customer service to reply to a customer regardless of the means of communication. So if I'm deaf I'm sh** outta luck? Or maybe I've talked to enough "customer support technicians" to know that I don't want to talk to another one, on the telephone.

Well if you are going to be stubborn and refuse to utilize all possible methods being offered for contact, then you are being childish and have no right to complain if it takes 3 weeks.

Newtek customer service is far from rude, and in the few times I have called them in the last 14 years, I have never gotten a rude person on the phone.

I hope you enjoy the wait.

WizCraker
04-29-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
Yeah...anyhoo...:rolleyes:

Got mine today thru Fedex!

Btw, is there anything to watch out for when installing, especially considering I have 7.5c installed along with Worley PIs and UVEdit? The instructions that came with [8] cover new installations. Should I treat this upgrade as a new install?

Should be no problem, others have said 8 installs in to its own directory.

spec24
04-29-2004, 06:19 AM
Well if you are going to be stubborn and refuse to utilize all possible methods being offered for contact, then you are being childish and have no right to complain if it takes 3 weeks.

Newtek customer service is far from rude, and in the few times I have called them in the last 14 years, I have never gotten a rude person on the phone.

I hope you enjoy the wait.

You just don't get it do you? And yes, I do have a right to complain. Let's try it once more - it's THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS - do you understand that? But again - I guess if I was deaf I'm sh** outta luck then huh?
And you probably wouldn't think anyone was rude because you're rude yourself.

Kid Mesh
04-29-2004, 06:45 AM
Relax, your showing your age :rolleyes:

spec24
04-29-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Kid Mesh
Relax, your showing your age :rolleyes:

Where do you people work? At the mall? Because that's obviously where you recieved your education regarding customer service. You must be kidding? First, "MESH", I am relaxed. But you guys are unbelieveable - defending a company for ignoring their customers and then blaming the customer! I wasn't the one calling others "childish" MESH. One thing you can be sure of on any forum, as soon as someone starts making "age comments" you can rest assured that they're about 12 yrs. old.

MadMax
04-29-2004, 09:37 AM
You just don't get it do you? And yes, I do have a right to complain. Let's try it once more - it's THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS - do you understand that? But again - I guess if I was deaf I'm sh** outta luck then huh?
And you probably wouldn't think anyone was rude because you're rude yourself.

I get it just fine.

They have multiple methods of contact, it's not an exclusive that e-mail is their only means of communication.

YOU have personally chosen to not resolve the problem. So you have nothing to complain about.

If you are deaf and can't use the phone, which you obviously are not otherwise you would know about the special phones for deaf people that have an LCD terminal and special operators that allow them to communicate with a semblance of normalcy. Then again, that is your problem.

It's quite clear that you are unwilling to use ALL available means to solve the problem. That indicates that the problem lies with you, not Newtek.

MadMax
04-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Where do you people work? At the mall? Because that's obviously where you recieved your education regarding customer service.

Well it's proven by your childish attitude that you hang out at the mall after school....

Paul Lara
04-29-2004, 11:22 AM
This thread has degraded into a flat spin, and has been closed.