PDA

View Full Version : 3D World 50th Issue

gjjackson
04-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Just picked it up and found some very useful items. They have included 2CD's and a number of keyboard shortcut cards for various apps.

Lightwave 7.5
Cinema 4D R8
3DS Maax 6
MotionBuilder
Vue 4
Maya
BodyPaint
SoftImage XSI

Since I have all but one of the applications it is useful to have. It get's confusing with all the App's shortcuts so I seldom use but a few. This would make it easier for reference. After Effects already came with one, also the new MB. So I'm in Hog Heaven now.

It also came with 50 LW Tips, many for LW8. Some features I wasn't aware of.

BTW: A note on FPrime and it's future. Evidently FPrime is only the start. Lightwave is going to be developed to be a WYSIWYG 3D Animation package. Now that's awesome. We thought WYSIWYG editor for web pages was fantastic but for 3D that is truely awesome. I thought LW8 was going to be something really to look forward too. Now I can't wait for LW9.

Signal to Noise
04-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Yes, Issue 50 was/is pretty awesome.

I just received 51 and it's equally impressive, especially with the full review of FPrime. In summary 3DW gives FPrime a 9/10 because "the only reason it doesn't score a 10 is we'd have nowhere to go when FPrime 2.0 comes out...".

3DW also promises a full review of LW [8] in Issue 52!:)

chco2
04-17-2004, 12:14 AM
Don't know if it's allowed, but if there are no copyrights for the keyboards cards, could you post a high quality scan of the Lightwave one?
Think you'll make a load of people very happy ;-)
Or (if the forum doesn't allow really high uploads) you could mail it to me and I'll put it online for download.
But again.. only if no copyrights are present..

Thanks!

Originally posted by gjjackson
Just picked it up and found some very useful items. They have included 2CD's and a number of keyboard shortcut cards for various apps.

Lightwave 7.5
Cinema 4D R8
3DS Maax 6
MotionBuilder
Vue 4
Maya
BodyPaint
SoftImage XSI

Since I have all but one of the applications it is useful to have. It get's confusing with all the App's shortcuts so I seldom use but a few. This would make it easier for reference. After Effects already came with one, also the new MB. So I'm in Hog Heaven now.

It also came with 50 LW Tips, many for LW8. Some features I wasn't aware of.

BTW: A note on FPrime and it's future. Evidently FPrime is only the start. Lightwave is going to be developed to be a WYSIWYG 3D Animation package. Now that's awesome. We thought WYSIWYG editor for web pages was fantastic but for 3D that is truely awesome. I thought LW8 was going to be something really to look forward too. Now I can't wait for LW9.

chco2
04-17-2004, 12:18 AM
That is weird.. as it has too much drawbacks to be a full renderer in many cases..
Agreed that it can be a full renderer in lot's of scenes, but in most of mine it really doesn't come close to the lightwave renderer..

I just received 51 and it's equally impressive, especially with the full review of FPrime. In summary 3DW gives FPrime a 9/10 because "the only reason it doesn't score a 10 is we'd have nowhere to go when FPrime 2.0 comes out...".

riki
04-17-2004, 08:04 AM
see the last entry on page 11 of my tuts

http://www.suture.net/tutorials/modeling/page11.shtml

chco2
04-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Cheers!

Originally posted by riki
see the last entry on page 11 of my tuts

http://www.suture.net/tutorials/modeling/page11.shtml

PixelDust
04-17-2004, 03:44 PM
The CD for issue 50 also had some of SplineGod's videos. They were the ones you can download for free, but it's good for those who don't have broadband.

Qexit
04-17-2004, 05:24 PM
That is weird.. as it has too much drawbacks to be a full renderer in many cases..

Bear in mind that the rendering features in FPrime are a bonus. It's primary function is as a near-realtime interactive previewer. It was never originally intended to be a full renderer....that just came out of persistent badgering by the Beta Testers :D