PDA

View Full Version : How do I get wispy, smoky lettering?

Dave Davies
04-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Well, I've played for a couple of hours on it, I've searched the forums, and I've searched all the tutorial sites I know. I just can't find a way to make some titling start out as smoke, and gradually solidify into white letters.

Dissolving in is easy, but I just want the letters to appear wispy as they I bring them to full opacity. Then I want them to blow away into smoke again, as if someone blew on them from off-screen.

Anybody have any ideas? Any tutorials that I can look at?

Thanks

Dave

JulianW
04-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Hi,

I'd be tempted to try rendering it as two scenes both of it dispersing (but somewhat differently) then either render one backwards (first frame>last frame, render step = -1) or reverse it in your package of choice and splice the two clips together,

JW.

holeycow
04-19-2004, 08:22 AM
I've done this effect a couple of times in the past. What I found works really well is to render the solid 3D lettering, and then take it into combustion, or a similar 2D package, and do the changes to and from smoke in there as guassion blurs with strong wave effects. You'll find it's pretty quick to get something happenning that looks convincing.