PDA

View Full Version : Audio Integration

hartley
04-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Forgive my inability to think through or find this elsewhere... We have just setup a VT3 in a church being used for IMAG and web streaming. Everything is working fine with the exception of the audio. I need to accomplish the following:

Audio Coming from the House Mix to be streamed and recorded on a DV Deck, we already have this feed in place.

Audio going TO the house mix for elements from DDR's/etc. This line is already in place.

I'm imagining without hooking this up that we will be getting a loop of some sorts here. Any guru's have a way to accomplish this. In summary I have audio coming from the House Mix for recording, and Audio going TO the house mix for video that will be played. I need to eliminate any potential problems somehow. Any ideas?

Hartley

PIZAZZ
04-16-2004, 09:19 AM
We do this all the time in our live productions. You will need to set audio Presets in the VT software and use them to ramp your audio up and down for you.

For Instance:

Line2 in is for your feed from the house board -- Set at 75%
DDR1 is for your element playback -- Set at 0%
Save this as preset 9 or higher on the audio mixer presets.

Line2 -- Board Feed --- Set at 0%
DDR1 -- set at 100%
Save this as preset 7 or 8 depending on where you map your DDR inputs.

I choose something that is not on the first 8 channels usually for the board feed. We use a RS8 for the 1st 8 channel selection. The Audio Presets can follow your switcher inputs by clicking the Follow button on the audio mixer. We usually have DDR1 into Switcher channel 7 and DDR2 into channel 8. If you have a preset set to ch 1-8 and the audio mixer on follow then the audio may inadvertently change on you if you are not careful. That is why we use presets above 8.

Another way you can do this is set all the camera inputs to have the audio in from Line2 at 75% or whatever level you need it to be. That way when you do go from camera to camera the audio will remain the same coming in. When you go to the DDR then the audio in is ramped down and the DDR audio is up.

It takes a little practice to get the flow of setting all this up but it really does work well once you get the hang of it.

ONE BIG THING !!!!!!!!

Set your audio crossfade to be 1 sec or better yet much less. That way there is no chance of your audio getting any feedback loops happening.

Hope this helps.