PDA

View Full Version : Playing Avi's made on a Digisuite LE?

Castius
04-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Has anyone tried running Video toaster 3 card with another video card installed. Or know if it can play Digisuite LE mjpeg aviís directly on the Video Toaster. Iím just wondering if anyone knows any pitfalls to trying to doing this. We just got our VT3 and we need to figure out how we will handle our existing Digisuite LE content.

If needed I could send someone a sample avi if anyone cares to try it on there VT3 system.

Scott lange

SBowie
04-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Sure, send away - or better yet post it on a website where I can dowload it directly...

Castius
04-15-2004, 02:07 PM
DigiLE.zip 5 megs NTSC (http://steelronin.com/temp/DigiLE.zip)

Thanks alot

Rich Deustachio
04-15-2004, 03:04 PM
I tried it and it flickers here. Looks like every other frame show a double image.

Castius
04-16-2004, 08:43 AM
OK thanks.
What about installing the VT3 along with the digisuite LE?

JonCrowe
04-16-2004, 02:53 PM
You can go to the matrox webpage and download the matrox software codec that will let you play back those LE files on your VT.

http://www.matrox.com/video/support/ds/software/home.cfm

Rich Deustachio
04-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Becareful loading Matrox codex on VT3 machines, I seem to remember someone having trouble caused by that. Paul?

Pete Draves
04-16-2004, 04:22 PM
The matrox files are not playable on vt3.
The matrox codec is not toaster friendly

There are conversion programs that can convert matrox
to playable forms

but the conversion hasto be on another machine due to codec conflicts
Pete

SBowie
04-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Pete Draves
The matrox files are not playable on vt3.
The matrox codec is not toaster friendly
I wonder if this is still correct, Pete, in more recent versions (since we're now blessed with our own AVI support?)

Paul? Andrew?

Castius
04-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Well VT3 and digisuite certainly do not get along. The avi's played in the file bin but crashed almost every time they did play.

digisuite will not work with VT3 installed. 8(

SBowie
04-16-2004, 07:34 PM
OK, I finally found a minute to download the file. As reported, it played badly in VT[3].

Next, I loaded it into Aura. I found that if I flipped the fields (importing it Even first into a D1 ODD project) then saved it out as an AVI, it played perfectly in VT[3]. I didn't try saving it as an RTV, but I expect the result would be the same.