PDA

View Full Version : Help MEE!!!!!- Opacity / Render pproblem?

Jason Chute
04-15-2004, 02:22 AM
LW 7.5c osx10.3.3. I have a problem with opacity and rendering of objects in my scene.

I have objectA passing through object B(0% transparency) and then down through another, C which is transparent(surface is 100% transparent).

In the scene. The problem is that object A renders okay but once it enters B and Then is visible through C it breaks up as if polygons were missing and basically renders as if someone slasheds it to bits with a knife.

Also Object C which is transparent, cuts off the shadows from other objects in the scene.

The offending object also has two surfaces listed beneath it in surface editor. I don't know how to delete it.

I've tried to keep things simple but this is driving me mad, and i am a beginner.

I desperately need help A.S.A.P.

Jeff Skeens
04-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Sounds like you got youself a real problem there! A very confusing one at that! The only thing I could figure out by looking at your post is that if your object C is resting between the lights in your scene and the other two objects, the alpha channel settings for the transparent surface of object C may be set to "shadow density". If you go into the surface editor and click on the "advanced" tab, the first option you will see will be the alpha channel setting. For lights to render through that surface, this should be set to "surface opacity". If that is not the case, then maybe the shadows are turned off in you lights. If neither of these suggestions work to correct you problems with object C, then I, unfortunately don't know what on earth to tell you. The other problems that you seem to be having utterly boggle my mind. I would have to see the scene itself to try and help you out.
I hope this at least helps you with object C. Good luck with your project.