KillWinter
04-13-2004, 03:08 PM
W H E N ????

COME ON ALREADY!?!?!?!?!?!?

S A Y S O M E T H I N G !?!?!?!?!?

J E S U S!!!!!!

Cutty
04-13-2004, 07:18 PM
"LightWave 3D 8.0 Optimized is expected to ship within weeks for a suggested retail price of $1695US"

My dealer told me "any day now". So lets see, it has been three weeks since he last said that, multiplied by "within weeks", carry the number of days you've been pissed off (that would be about eight months now), and then divide that by the number of times they failed to put x, y, and z labels over parameters in 7.5 and you end up with:

"any day now"

Cutty
04-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Don't let them get you down. Have a look at the beautiful gallery over at Splutterfish.com. And think of all the things you will create: Once you get the tools.

Hurben
04-13-2004, 09:43 PM
If we have no idea.. then how is a dealer supposed to have more information on the shipment date? They have no clue like everyone else..

well, except the guys tickling the code with sweat-turning-to-blood dripping down their faces.. some greasy guy with a Newtek whip crying and whipping the programmers, I can imagine them on some large self-sufficient water-craft, getting fed amphetamines via a drip and seared with branding irons, hooked up into the core of Lightwave's hexadecimal heart.. tweaking, probing and cleaning..

Well.. it would be nice wouldn't it? :)

Signal to Noise
04-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Cutty
Don't let them get you down. Have a look at the beautiful gallery over at Splutterfish.com. And think of all the things you will create: Once you get the tools.

Hehe! Wouldn't browsing splutterfish make people want to give up on [8] on get max/brazil instead? You know things are bad when people make the move to buggy & expensive 3ds! ;)

Mr. Limpet
04-14-2004, 12:09 AM
My April 2004 copy of Computer Graphics World magazine arrived today.
Lightwave 8 full page advert on page 23:
Quote: "Lightwave 3D 8 is shipping now!"

akota
04-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Limpet
My April 2004 copy of Computer Graphics World magazine arrived today.
Lightwave 8 full page advert on page 23:
Quote: "Lightwave 3D 8 is shipping now!"

I got that today as well. About cried...

Bentley
04-14-2004, 11:00 PM
See this thread...

Lw 8 Is Shipping. Yay!