PDA

View Full Version : LW8 2004 NAB Special???

Auger
04-13-2004, 02:17 PM
http://www.newtek.com/shows/nab/2004/

Right side of the page.

Anyone know what this is? :confused:

Jon

Xacto
04-13-2004, 02:19 PM
The following is on Flay.com:

Newtek will be streaming video from their booth at NAB this year and apparently has a few "announcements" <cough>. Keep an eye on the video and the press releases folks.

:D

Bytehawk
04-13-2004, 02:43 PM
It's the return of the DFX+ deal !!!!!

LOL

gregsduncan
04-13-2004, 03:02 PM
I know Lightwave comes with VT3, but the NAB show press release seems to be more about VT3 than any other Newtek products. :(

anieves
04-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by gregsduncan
I know Lightwave comes with VT3, but the NAB show press release seems to be more about VT3 than any other Newtek products. :(

hu? the LW8 button doesn't even work yet and if you go to the VT3 deal page you'll notice a placeholder text right below.

You know I really wish NT releases L8 at NAB just to get rid of all these rumors threads that keep popping up.

WizCraker
04-13-2004, 03:56 PM
If they don't release it at NAB then I would not be surprised if they get certain documents from a law firm from some people that have been waiting for a year now.

Wade
04-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by WizCraker
If they don't release it at NAB then I would not be surprised if they get certain documents from a law firm from some people that have been waiting for a year now.

What for? We (anyone who took advantage of the offer) recieved what we paid for DXF+ and a promise that when 8 is released we would get a free upgrade to it. :)

I do hope thou that we get a t-shirt, a small bag of blue berries (matian as they are all the rage now) and modo thrown in for good measure as most of us thought it would not have taken as long as it did.;) Maybe even a paint program what you say - it could happen maybe.

theo
04-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Martian blueberries, Saturn raspberries or Jupiter peaches- I could care less what they give me as long as I get a piece of binary data named LW8.

xeno3d
04-13-2004, 05:45 PM
we'll probably see an official announcment when we can expect 8 to ship. :)

Qexit
04-13-2004, 06:11 PM
I know Lightwave comes with VT3, but the NAB show press release seems to be more about VT3 than any other Newtek products.
NAB is all about Broadcast technology, so the main thrust of Newtek's promotions there will be it's Broadcast Video product the VT3. Lightwave is just a subset of that product. VT3 ships with a slightly restricted LW7.5c license (third party plugins that are tied/authorised to a unique dongle ID are not compatible with the VT3...at present), so unless there is an announcement about how LW8 is going to tie in with the VT3 (or even VT4) LW will relatively low profile. Though I'm sure they will be showing LW8 :)

At Siggraph the situation is traditionally reversed. LW gets all the show while the VT3 is sidelined.

Zach
04-13-2004, 09:03 PM
What for? We (anyone who took advantage of the offer) recieved what we paid for DXF+ and a promise that when 8 is released we would get a free upgrade to it.

Actually, I think it was ... pay for the upgrade get DFX+ free.

Limbus
04-14-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by WizCraker

Get a life. :mad:

winged-cat
04-14-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Wade
What for? We (anyone who took advantage of the offer) recieved what we paid for DXF+ and a promise that when 8 is released we would get a free upgrade to it. :)

Actually... I thought I saw in a thread from Chuck that there was a small lag for the initial upgrade announcement and the DFX+ deal. As part of their agreement with Eyeon, they could not offer DFX+ to people who ordered prior to the deal. So there are a few early early adopters who've been waiting a full year, and have nothing else to show for it.

I myself kept putting the upgrade off and didn't order until January'04 when it was just extended and "ending really really soon" - olk.. it's been 3 months.

mattclary
04-14-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by winged-cat
So there are a few early early adopters who've been waiting a full year, and have nothing else to show for it.

Technically, this covers me, but what the deal was, and what I purchased, was an upgrade to 7.5 with a free upgrade to L8 when it's avaialble.

That was a pretty sweet deal and, although I am as anxious as the next guy to get my hands on L8, I don't feel screwed over by Newtek.

WizCraker
04-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Limbus
Get a life. :mad:

I do have a life. I think you took it the wrong way as I said "I wouldn't be surprised if Newtek recieved..." Just read the above. There is always some person who does not understand that they bought the special and will get the upgrade free. And they will be the ones that will do something.

peanuckle
04-14-2004, 01:13 PM
I purchased the lightwave 8 upgrade from the NAB special last year. God has it been a whole year...it seem just like 12 months ago.:D

Tanner

Xacto
04-14-2004, 03:13 PM
LOL...

Sorry, now that was funny.

Maimo
04-17-2004, 12:09 PM
i bought mines after sigraph last year, I went from 5.6 to 7.5 which was killer to say the least, and then DFX+ has almost replaced after effects (almost) as my mine composition program. And finally 8, Thats pretty cool deal, I would have loved to have 8 back in aug of last year, but it's not like lightwave 7.5 sux i did alot of work since then. Some people are complaining about DFX and that they have no use for it. I think they should take the time to learn it and perhaps they my broaden their skill set and get more work out of it, Suck? it would not!

theo
04-17-2004, 12:47 PM
I think DFX+ is awesome and has been an incredible asset to my studio. If people don't like DFX it is simply because they have not given the application its fair share of time, which is needed to understand its unique interface (at least unique to Adobe and Macromedia spawn). I personally APPRECIATE Newtek and Eyeon offering this wonderful tool.

themaxx
04-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Maimo
i bought mines after sigraph last year

i've been annoyed with the delay, too, but i think threatening to turn newtek's campus into a minefield is going too far. :D

archiea
04-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by peanuckle
I purchased the lightwave 8 upgrade from the NAB special last year. God has it been a whole year...it seem just like 12 months ago.:D

Tanner

Christ, has it been a year since LW was first demoed?

Wow.....

:eek:

colkai
04-18-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by mattclary
Technically, this covers me, but what the deal was, and what I purchased, was an upgrade to 7.5 with a free upgrade to L8 when it's available.

Heh,
Now I'm as guilty as some others for moaning about having paid up front a long time ago, but dude, ya just got it in one. I guess a lot of frustration for me isn't taht it's "late" ;) - but that I thought the DFX+ deal ran out a year a go, could have saved my money till now.
Even so, it was/is a stellar deal and if I was in a position to use DFX+ reguarly (hey - at least it's installed :p) then I would have got a major boost from having it for a year.

I'm sure there are many who are doing just this and it's not Newtek's fault I don't need it on a daily basis, just as it isn't my decision as to when LW8 should be released. :D

For all my winges - I'm still a keen Newtek and LW fan, Proton and Chuck often get far more flak then they should, glad I'm not in their shoes, it must get really old sometimes. ;)

Maimo
04-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Maimo
DFX+ has almost replaced after effects (almost) as my mine composition program.

i ment "main" not mine, thats Hee Haw funny, i gata start typing slower and proofreading :D

2 in 1 thats a record for me.

I hope im not targeted as a terrorist due to typos.