PDA

View Full Version : DVD Authoring with ulead dvd workshop problems

fhsav
04-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Alright, we have a big project that we have on our machine that we need to clear off and get burned and mastered ect.

I used TMPGEnc to write our mpeg2 and wav files. Now the problem is that we have seperate audio files from the video, and I have found no way to insert the audio behind the video

We are using Ulead DVD Workshop 1.0 as of right now, and I am gonig to look into upgrading to 2.0 unless there is another option that is a better program. We burned the dvd and the video came out great, but there was no audio at all.

Does anyone know of how to put background audio behind the mpeg2 file, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

-FHSAV

Scott Bates
04-12-2004, 12:15 PM
First, at least download the free 1.3 DVDWS upgrade if you decide not to upgrade to v2.0 (and I think Eugene said there's a free patch for the latter available now). You should also strongly consider purchasing their AC3 Audio plugin or option since that will give you fully complient DVD audio at minimum file sizes (don't remember if that's included in v2.0 or if it's an option).

In the DVDWS Edit menu check the box for "Select a replacement audio file", click the folder icon, find the audio file you want to use and select it.

fhsav
04-13-2004, 06:21 AM
Alright, i didn't see apply background sound to the edit menu and so I will download the update and see if its there, thank you for your help.

:::EDIT:::
Alright, i got the new patch for 1.3 and now i have at a problem, the program would just get this error
Load MPEG vio Driver Error
Won't even start, i searched around for it, found that there was a patch for it. Got the patch, still nothing... really frustrating :mad:

Again, any help is appreciated