PDA

View Full Version : Lost all digital audio



kgunnels
04-12-2004, 08:31 AM
I'm running VT[3] on an older system that used to run VT[2]. Latest patch is installed and has been run several times successfully. Something has caused me to loose all digital audio. Microphone and other analog sources seem to work fine. When any video clip is played in a DDR or in the editor I can see the VU meter jump but I get no audio out of the system from the clip. I have checked all the obvious things like mute and levels.

I need help diagnosing and correcting the problem. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Please email any suggestions to [email protected]

Thanks

Ken

bradl
04-12-2004, 09:56 AM
We have been through this here as well and have it now working. I could post details, but will start with this:

AES input will only be active during Capture when you have SDI input selected on Switcher and AES input enabled in Preferences. You will not be able to monitor it unless you are capturing!

AES output should always be active, but you may find, as we did, that the output, reports to be 44.1 instead of 48 KHz. Our router/digibeta would not handle it, so we added a Z-Link converter.

Ian Austen
04-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Try going into Ted and tell the audio it is mono , that seems to make a difference in this current patch

kgunnels
04-13-2004, 04:01 PM
I need to clarify the problem. When I say that I loose audio on digital media I mean any video clip with audio played, either in a DDR or through the editor has no audio. I do not have SDI. And I have no problem with audio from analog sources such as a microphone. While I can not hear the audio from such as clip, I can see the VU meter moving.

I have spent several hours today tracing the source of the problem, both on the phone with NewTek and with a local technician. I have narrowed the source of the problem to our new RS-8 switcher.

Strange as it may seem, when I set the system to auto-detect the RS-8, I loose all audio from the DDR or editor. If I kill WinRTME and disable the RS-8 I regain audio.

So for the time being I will be running without my new RS-8. NewTek has been sent information about my hardware and a description of the problem. I'm waiting on a resolution to the problem.

The PC is a Supermicro P4DC6+ MB with dual 1.7GHz Xeon processors, OS is W2K, SP3.