PDA

View Full Version : LW 7.5 Student License

tisoy
04-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Im selling 7.5 student license LW for only $400.00 US Dollars,,,it came with 1000+ page of instruction and so on.....no need to provide id or anything,,,,I sell u mine.......

nathanSDK
04-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Thought you might want to know that you're not allowed to transfer an educational license. That, and $400 is *more* than the student version goes for, new.

Sorry...

tisoy
04-11-2004, 11:38 PM
what u mean ur not allowed? even if ur not still its a full version of 7.5........and plus 400 is reasonable price........software is a software no matter how old it is,,,,,,sure u can get it for 395 thats the cheapest but overall with shipment and tax and so on,,,,400 still cheap..........

mkiii
04-12-2004, 06:31 AM
What he means is that the license is for personal use by students only.

EG. If I bought it from you, assuming it is a full legal copy, (although I must say, it doesn't come across as that), then Newtek will not transfer the license to me since I am not a student. Even if I were, I doubt that Newtek would transfer the license unless you give full details proving that you actually own it, so what do you mean, no need to provide ID or anything??

The license can be upgraded to a full license for a normal upgrade price (around $495 I assume).

See here: http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php
Or ask here: [email protected]

nathanSDK
04-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Actually, what I mean is, according to the License Agreement that you agreed to when you purchased/installed the software you are not allowed to transfer an educational license until you upgrade to the commercial version.

So assuming somebody does buy it from you, Newtek will not transfer the registration information, and that person cannot (probably) later upgrade the software to a commercial version.

It's all standard procedure for educational software, and it's spelled out in the License Agreement.

Software developers provide educational discounts for learning purposes and you're not allowed to do commercial work with an educational version (for reasons that should be obvious).

I'm not trying to upset you, just letting you know the facts.

Nathan

tisoy
04-12-2004, 11:57 PM
OK,,,,,I understand now,,,,,,I guess I will just hold on to it,,,,,but if anyone want to buy it off from me, I be glad to get rid of it.....I just dont have much time to learn it, instead of having it sit here thought I could give it a shot for selling it.......Thanks for ur input......:(

mkiii
04-13-2004, 04:03 AM
You might want to email Newtek customer services to clarify whether you *can* transfer to another person. The upgrade to full license will probably still apply tho, and it may be that they insist that the upgrade is paid before you can transfer.

Alternatively, you *may* be able to transfer to another student - but you would need to contact Newtek.

tisoy
04-13-2004, 07:17 PM
k,,,thanks........:(

anesthan
04-19-2004, 11:51 PM
hi

Tisoy can u email me

[email protected]

Anesthan