PDA

View Full Version : continuous overlay with fade

fbcamory
04-11-2004, 12:44 AM
What is the best way to create a Continuous overlay display with a transition or fade underneath?

I have created an overlay with a small icon in the botton left corner, but I cannot get a fade of transition to work with it.

Any help is appreciated!

Ivan
04-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Keyframe the Alpha in Control Tree. DVEs don't work on overlays. If you want you can get Bob's Soft Effects to do the fade up and down.

Ivan

bradl
04-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Three ways:[list=1] Fade Handles on the Timeline
Alpha Fade with Keyframes
The newly resurrected Fade In/Out control now located in the Control Tree (VT3 Patch 3 and newer)[/list=1]

fbcamory
04-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention this would be with VT(2)

Thanks

bradl
04-12-2004, 12:02 AM
You can still use 1 and 2 above and perhaps 3. I forget when we lost the numerical fade settings for Video, at VT3 or a later patch of VT2? If the former, you can just type in your fade rate for in or out at the bottom of the Edit Properties Panel (F8), if the latter, option 3 is out for you.

You should consider upgrading to VT3, it really is a huge change. I won't go into it all here, but 2 things make it essential, the Control Tree with Splines and 3D rotations and the new 'High' quality sub-sampling for resized Video.

fbcamory
04-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks bradl I will try all 3 if they are available.

I have tried to get the church to upgrade but currently the money is just not available.

Thanks again.