PDA

View Full Version : need an alternative to curveContraint.

Castius
03-18-2003, 07:17 PM
There is no way to tell curvecontraint to stop at a part of the curve. I was wundering if anyone knows of an alternative to curvecontraint motion modifyer. I need one that can set a % of distance along the curve, read curves from modeler. and not change over time. This is the reason curvecontraint does't work for what I want to do. If there is nothing like that, how hard would it be to make?

faulknermano
03-18-2003, 09:51 PM
http://thespread.topcities.com/PathAnimationIA.zip

(save target as...)

Castius
03-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Works perfectly. I used a curve from modeler then a null with curveconstraint connected to the curve. Then point the other nulls with your plugin to the null fallowing the curve. So I get an agranged set of nulls fallowing a editable path.

Thanks alot
Scott

Castius
03-20-2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks again for another great new plugin. It's really made things alot easier for me. I found a problem though the object picked is relative the scene structure not the object id or name. So if objects above it in the scene order are deleted the object picked for the plugin will change. I had 100 nulls asigned with your plugin and I had to edit the scene and do a find/replace in a text editor on them to fix the problem. Got to love ascii. 8)

Thanks

Scott

faulknermano
03-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Castius
Thanks again for another great new plugin. It's really made things alot easier for me. I found a problem though the object picked is relative the scene structure not the object id or name. So if objects above it in the scene order are deleted the object picked for the plugin will change. I had 100 nulls asigned with your plugin and I had to edit the scene and do a find/replace in a text editor on them to fix the problem. Got to love ascii. 8)

Thanks

Scott

yes... this is a problem. i havent tested this with 2.6.. but prior to that doing anything in layout (deleting, moving, adding new objects) rearranges the items ids. this effectively kills all the references. i dont know, what do you think? i could use names as references instead. but because mesh items cannot be renamed, that may be a problem. hmmm....

Castius
03-20-2003, 09:56 PM
I can't say i'm much help in this area but the muscle ik lsc has a very similiar type interface and does not have this issue. hopefully he can let you know what he did for his script.
http://www.nemesis-cgi-ltd.biz/

faulknermano
03-22-2003, 07:02 AM
okay.. i've got shaun's uncompiled version. it seems he's using recall() and store() to keep the item name into the registry. this route wont work because of the possible multiple instances the script can be assigned on (like your case).

i've isolated what appears to be a bug, however. i think this was here before but never really saw it (apparent, neither did anyone else.. i think). i'm reporting it as one, and see if i can do something about it in the meantime.