PDA

View Full Version : Custom Character Picker

FniNe
04-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi,

I'm working in a 'custom character picker', and I just wanted to know any feedback from you guys.
It works with any setup, and you can personalize it.

It's not available yet, (it will very soon) but here's a video sample to see how it works.

http://www.jacobobarreiro.com/

(Misc -> L-Scripts section)

Thanks!

jacobo.

mechis
04-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Wow! That's really great!!!
Thanks,
~Mechis

liquidik
04-11-2004, 03:50 AM
Oh finally!!! I was going to write my own since I really like this kind of interface...
I'll add also something to key the desired channel...

Liquid
:D :D :D

pauhana
04-11-2004, 04:42 AM
Sweet! Great work :D Please let me know when it's available...

Dr. Dardis
04-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Excellent Jacobo,

just what is needed :) Thanks for the Vid!

all the best

Chris.

WilliamVaughan
04-11-2004, 10:10 PM
looking good....great job as always!

FniNe
04-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your comments guys. :)

More videos...

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/jbd/web/eng_scripts.html

I hope the first beta will be ready along this week.

jacobo.

:)

Dr. Dardis
04-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Better and Better man!

Can't wait!

Chris.:D

WilliamVaughan
04-15-2004, 06:39 AM
this is sooo much more then a character picker...great work!

flashover
04-15-2004, 12:24 PM
Finnaly! Tnx for all plugz!

Exper
04-16-2004, 03:21 AM
Great! :D

FniNe
04-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Hi,

A beta version of 'Custom Character Picker' is available to download.

I'd really like to hear your comments.

jacobo.

Robi
04-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Hey,

cool, thanx, I can use this a lot :D

jeanphi
04-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi FniNe.

There is a problem with rigs which have bones and nulls with same names. In my rig, null named R_Hand and bone named R_Hand with null child of the bone. I assigned the bone to a picker but it selects the null.
Then when you load your ccp file, there are lots of extra picker created on the others you set.
I will send you a test rig on monday.

What could be usefull is a "Mirror X Pose" for your copy past pose plug. It's great for animation cycles.

FniNe
04-18-2004, 11:31 PM
CCP select items by name. If you have items with same names, it just will select one of them. In future, it will be 'fixed'.

If you get extra 'nodes' when you load the CCP, that's because you've reassigned different items to the same node. It saves all assignaments, so if you have assigned an item to a node, but you made a mistake and you assign a different item again, CCP saves that too. So it loads all assignament as new nodes.

Current solution: be careful with that ;O).

Thanks for your comments. That let me know what is not working fine.

j.

jeanphi
04-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Ok, I will try to be careful yet...
By the way, is it normal that all nodes get lost when I drag one of them, so I can't see where I will set this node... I'm so clumsy that I can't set a node at the right place in one clic... snif... :(
An other thing... It will be great if you can set multi items to one picker or an additional node (with other color and shape) which represents a group of nodes.;)

dee
04-19-2004, 04:01 PM
great tool, i used it now for 2 days in production, and it runs fine, no crashes. had the problem with the different items on the same node, but i edited the .ccp-file and all was ok.

some issues:
- same problem here with the disappearing nodes while dragging.

- if i click on the background-tab to load an image, everytime it changes my camera to the ccp-camera. that's not so nice.

- if i load a scene in which i was working with ccp, it say's:

error:
only one instance allowed at the moment. Remove last one!

thanks for the great app.

dee

FniNe
04-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the comments. I'm glad to hear that it's being useful.

Like you know, if you assign items to the same node more than once, they will be saved in the ccp file. So, when you load it, it loads all 'assignaments' as new nodes.
The problem is that's not possible to delete lines in a file from l-script (at least, I couldn't find a way).

It's normal that nodes disappear when you keep left mouse button down, and you don't move the mouse. When you keep the left mouse button down, but you move the mouse, the nodes will 'shake'. I 'need' to do that to refresh and 'redraw' the nodes. I'll try to find another way.

I'll change the camera issue. In any case, I was thinking about make some changes in background tab, especially in camera settings.

CCP shows that error message because it's not possible to have more than one instance of CCP loaded. Well... it's possible, but it's unstable when two panels are open.

Beta7 is now available. I'll be uploading new 'beta' versions until upload the 'final' version (1.0), so I recommend to take a look to my website once in a while to download the latest version.

jacobo.

FniNe
04-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi,

I just wanted to say that 'Custom Character Picker v1.0' is available.

jacobo.

WilliamVaughan
04-24-2004, 08:35 PM
THANX FOR THE GREAT TOOL! I love this tool!

FniNe
04-25-2004, 07:07 AM
That looks cool William! Thanks for your comments and for that screen capture.

1.2 version is available, with some new features.

I invite to the people to post here screen captures of their rigs using CCP, suggestions, comments, etc...
I hope it's ok for the Newtek guys :)

Thanks!

jacobo.

WilliamVaughan
04-25-2004, 08:24 AM
That link appears to be down....I love how easy it is to setup...that makes it super easy to use!

FniNe
04-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Link is working now! Sorry!! :rolleyes:

j.

WilliamVaughan
04-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Love the new features....here is a quick video showing it in action:

http://www.spinquad.com/proton/oggy_pick.avi

It uses the camtasia codec that I used on the LightWave 8 demos and is about 13 meg in size....enjoy!

FniNe
04-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Looks cool!! Thanks for the video William! :)

j.

Johnnyx
04-27-2004, 09:47 AM
terrific .. tool.. anyone have trouble when loading a saved .ccp?
I seem to be adding selection nodes exponentially every time I open the Picker..! ((even after clearing AND editing the .ccp!!) .. It would be GREAT to have a fix for this...

J

Kvaalen
04-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Johnnyx
It would be GREAT to have a fix for this...

There is one. ;)

Johnnyx
04-27-2004, 11:38 AM
he he he... you old opportunist you..... will take a looky!..

J

FniNe
04-27-2004, 12:38 PM
-------------------------------------------------------
terrific .. tool.. anyone have trouble when loading a saved .ccp?
I seem to be adding selection nodes exponentially every time I open the Picker..! ((even after clearing AND editing the .ccp!!) .. It would be GREAT to have a fix for this...
-----------------------------------------------------

Hi,

All assignaments that you make are 'recorded' in the ccp file. So, if you assign an item(s) to a node, but maybe you change your mind and you assign another item to the same node again, it will 'record' two different assignments. That's why it loads nodes that you don't expect.
You can edit the ccp file and remove the assignments that you don't want.
That's the problem that I know, but if you already have edited the cpp, I don't why it happens. You can send me the cpp file if you want, or whatever you think it could to help to fix the problem.

In any case, YES, it will be fixed, and more new features are coming (for free). Who knows... maybe I'll free the code too...

Regards,

jacobo.

bradenbickle
04-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Could someone go into more explicit detail as to how to ad nodes and assign them to selected layout elements?

Can I just type in the item that I want linked to the node?

When I do what the "read me" file suggests I can't get any results. Please Help.

Also, does anyone know what the command equivalent is for the Middle Mouse Button.

an_gri
04-27-2004, 06:29 PM
I know how you feel bradenbickle.

This plugin helps a lot but is there any chance of getting a manual for it. I understand how to add node and assign single objects, but some of the interface is still a mystery.

bradenbickle
04-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Finally figured out how to set up.

Now the only problem is this saving and reloading issue.

Until that gets resolved there is not much else to do.

I keep getting loads of nodes and additionally get a message that says it cannot load the CCP file.

go figure.

Johnnyx
04-28-2004, 12:21 PM
..jacobo sorted the multi node thing.. by editing the .ccp.

You have to be REAL careful not to leave the "wrong" sort of spaces and not to leave duplicate entries. I think the problem is duplicates shouldn't be allowed in the first place - I believe jacobo is working on this....

J

FniNe
04-29-2004, 01:38 AM
Hi,

I'll try to fix that problem as soon as possible.
I'll be away for a few days, but I hope I'll upload a new release of CCP next week..
Problems fixed and some new features.

Thanks for your patience.

jacobo.

stoehr
04-29-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm interested in using this tool.
I'm on version 7.5 and can't seem to get it to work. I hope I'm missing something elementary, and won't need to upgrade to 7.5c.

I get an error when I try to add the master plugin. It states:
"Could not create data object for CustomCharacterPicker plug-in"

I tried to use the CCP button on the interface, but it states, "Cannot find specified server"

This looks great! I'd love to use it.

Thanks for the help.

an_gri
04-30-2004, 07:49 AM
Glad to hear the multi-node problem will be fixed because I get this every time I load a saved file.

Huck C
04-30-2004, 06:54 PM
I tried running this plug-in on LW 7.5 but it the button plug wouldn't install. The master plug wouldn't run independently either. It had the same server message as Stoehr's and also one that read "Plugin needs version 2.5".

So I downloaded 7c to see if that was the problem, and though I don't blame the plug for this one, imagine my surprise to find that 7c installs the update and then at the end says "removing back-up files" only to go about stripping all my plugin's, presets and god knows what else out of their folder.

So its been a bad week with a lot of repair work. Jacob, your plug-in looks great and it would be really useful to me. Could you please modify the version for stability on 7.5.

Cheers

FniNe
05-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately, CCP only works in 7.5c or upper (it works fine under 8.0).
It needs at least the 2.6 l-script version to work fine.
Make it work under 7.5 would be possible, but some features will be missed. In any case, I don't know when I'll be able to make a CCP version that works under 7.5. I'll do as much as I can.

Thanks.

jacobo.

Johnnyx
05-05-2004, 02:05 AM
..looking forward to the updated Picker Jacobo.

I must say, J-Auto Rig is fantastic too. Its v simple/nothing too fancy - but thats what is good about it - just gets you set up quickly - no fuss.

Will you be working any more on Pose Saver? - It seems a bit buggy just now - so have put it on the back burner....

FniNe
05-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Hi,

Johnnyx: Thanks for your comments about the scripts.
About Pose Saver, I'd like to update it because it needs some fixing up.
If you'd tell me what kind of things are not working fine for you in Pose Saver, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

jacobo.

dpartridge
05-05-2004, 08:34 PM
hi

i am getting a error when i use ccp. when clicked the mmb to assign a node i get a "line 2004, invalid" and then "object method write in ()" message. is this a mac problem?

Johnnyx
05-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Hi!

Attached are the sort of error messages I get with PoseSaver.. these pop up at launch - before I have had a chance to do anything with the app. Hope this helps. ( yes, the errors are from CCP - which runs fine until I launch PoseSaver)

As for CCP - *Feature Request* - any chance in Edit mode you could enable "move nodes" - it would make matching up a different background and character so much easier..!

AND

When I use CCP I get a lot of empty .cc and .ccp files saved to my drive - is this normal?

Reg

J - the pest!

FniNe
05-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Hi,

dpartridge: CCP is having some little problems under Mac, but I'm working to fix them. I hope the next release (I'll post it along this weekend) works fine.

Johnnyx: Don't keep open CCP panel and Pose Saver at the same time. It's a bug, I know, but I still don't know how to fix it.

*.ccp and *.cc files in your drive are normal. They are temp files that CCP use to work. I'm working to make that in another way. That will be changed in the next version.

About your request, I'll take a look :)

j.

KillMe
05-07-2004, 10:04 AM
for a free plugin this has excelent customer support :D

FniNe
05-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi,

v1.35 is available. Read '1.35 release notes' in the 'Readme.txt' file to see what
is new in this version.

Docs are not very in depth (I'll write new docs and I'll make quick videos when I have some free time), so if you have any questions, go ahead!

jacobo.

p.s. KillMe: Who am I kidding, you're right! :D

dpartridge
05-09-2004, 09:54 PM
i still have problems with v 1.35 on my mac

when i load ccp i get a "line 3414, invalid object method eof()"

and when clicked the mmb to assign a node i get a "cant open file" and then "line 2386, invalid object method write in ()" message.

great work fnine :)

FniNe
05-09-2004, 11:37 PM
Hi,

Sorry... I know CCP is still not working fine under Mac. The thing is I can't check it out under Mac here.
When I get the chance of check CCP under Mac, I'll fix those problems. I hope soon... before the next release, where some important things are being changed.

jacobo.

dpartridge
05-10-2004, 07:02 PM
thanks for your updates

FniNe
05-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Hi,

A new CCP update. 1.5 version is available. A couple of important changes: CCP is a Custom Object now, and it allows to save settings with the LW scene.

Docs are available too. Read them! ;)

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/jbd/web/scripts/ccp/ccp_docs.html

Comments are welcome.

jacobo.

FniNe
05-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi,

I've just upload it again because I've fixed a little thing (in CCP_Loader.ls script) and I've added the 'MorphMixer.ls' script. It allows you to add and/or open Morph Mixer in an object (after install it, you'll find it under Generics). So you can assign it to a node using the command 'Generic_MorphMixer'. I hope it's useful for you.

jacobo.

Soth
11-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Love the new features....here is a quick video showing it in action:

http://www.spinquad.com/proton/oggy_pick.avi

It uses the camtasia codec that I used on the LightWave 8 demos and is about 13 meg in size....enjoy!
Does anyone have this video? The link is dead...

EDIT: Sorry for bringing it up, looks like Custom Character Picker works not so good in LW 9.5 and even worse in 9.6... I think I do not have need for video tutorial anymore... :(

silviotoledo
11-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Proton Video is Down:
Plugin Page is Down:(

Please, it that a mirror?

mikadit
11-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Here the plugin:
http://www.jacobobarreiro.com/jweb/scripts/

OnlineRender
11-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Down Down Down ! what happened did AD buy it :D ,kiddin on, found link that worked ..
excellent concept ,spanking work !
Proton nice to see another video from you ! ."can we have more pleaseeeeeeee " (",) add smiley to increase chances !

Peace

silviotoledo
12-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Cool!

So what happened with that " Autorig " Plugin?

Larry_g1s
12-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Way cool. I had this same idea, so it's nice to see someone actually did it.

Julez4001
06-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Does anyone have the plugin or script?

vector
03-30-2014, 02:52 AM
It has been a long time, but if anybody is still interested in that plugin http://lightwavebox.blogspot.com.es/2014/03/tutorial-character-picker.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uckk7yYB9k

Julez4001
03-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Did you create the video?

vector
03-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Yes, I did

visualbug
10-02-2014, 08:09 AM
ohh this is GOLD!!!! I am new with lightwave, but a character picker is very handy

gracias gracias!!