PDA

View Full Version : deleting unwanted layers

noiseboy
04-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Is there a simple way of deleting unwanted (empty) layers in Modeler? I've got an object here that has about 70 layers (imported from EI) that I've condensed down to a dozen layers. I now want to remove the unwanted layers. I thought this happened when you saved and reopened the object but alas it doesnt.

mkiii
04-10-2004, 08:42 AM
When you first open the multi layered object, it will have all layers selected & everything un-hidden, so just press x, then 1, then v & everything will be on layer one.

If you want to leave some layers untouched, just deselect them before you do this, or cut & paste them to a new object & do the cut/paste merge on what remains (after saving & reloading).

There are a number of additional layer tools out there, search for ''layer'' on the flay.com plugin database.

noiseboy
04-10-2004, 08:52 AM
thanks, except I just want to delete the empty layers which are spread amongst the used layers. Copying the layers to a new object just flattens them to one layer.

mkiii
04-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Yeah. I missed that bit of your post & was in the process of adding some slightly more useful info when you replied... putting me into an infinite loop of edit / reply / edit :/

noiseboy
04-10-2004, 10:10 AM
In the end I've had to cut and paste to another object layer by layer, so tedious, I couldn't find the right tool on Flay to do the job (not for the mac anyway). Looking forward to those new layer tools in LW8... I guess I should have done my layer management in EI where the model came via ...Thanks for trying mkiii

thekho
04-10-2004, 01:59 PM
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15122

It might help.

When you use this lscript, and choose any many layers as you want then press x then 1 layer then v. That's voila!

P.S. Tell BIG THANKS to Faulknermano :) He's ROCK!