PDA

View Full Version : Found these for LW8

gjjackson
04-09-2004, 11:05 AM
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/DS_E/index-e.html

I don't recall if Newtek showed these or not, but found it informative.

Carm3D
04-09-2004, 02:34 PM
That's cool.. I wonder if it renders quickly, or is as slow as HV Sprites.

gregsduncan
04-09-2004, 03:13 PM
How much of Lightwave is Newtek's and how much is plug-ins by other companies which Newtek may have just integrated into the LW interface?

pauland
04-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by gregsduncan
How much of Lightwave is Newtek's and how much is plug-ins by other companies which Newtek may have just integrated into the LW interface?

Why should I care? If I pay for LW and they are part of it I don't care what route they took.

Paul

private
04-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Does that mean UV Edit Pro will be integrated and added? Or was it just a freebee for those who ordered already?

pooby
04-09-2004, 05:23 PM
quote ''Why should I care? If I pay for LW and they are part of it I don't care what route they took.''

You should care because it wouldn't bode well for the future developement of Lightwave if all Newtek did was slap other companies plug-ins onto Lightwave rather than develop the core of the software.

(I'm not suggesting that this IS what they have done.)

pauland
04-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by pooby

You should care because it wouldn't bode well for the future developement of Lightwave if all Newtek did was slap other companies plug-ins onto Lightwave rather than develop the core of the software.

(I'm not suggesting that this IS what they have done.)

I think this point has been discussed ad infinitum. Most of Newteks developers are new and besides in-house development on LW8, the development effort is supplemented by plugins developed originally outside the LW team.

Since Newtek had finite time and development resources, it seems entirely prudent to develop what you can and buy-in what you haven't time to develop (it might even be uneconomic to develop rather than buy in a developed product).

Newtek have done the right thing and taken a mixed approach. I don't care about how the new features have come to be in LW8, I'm happy that they are there.

Paul

EyelandArts.com
04-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Unfortunately JetStream FX doesnt seem to be included. I remember when it first came out it was aweasome but then when the final version came out, it was only in japanese or you couldnt order it to the US. Something like that. Pity, it very cool and blazing fast.

Dr. Dardis
04-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Carm3D
That's cool.. I wonder if it renders quickly, or is as slow as HV Sprites.

Hi Carm,

Jet stream is unfortunately not being included, only the Other two plugs

Chris.

gjjackson
04-09-2004, 10:19 PM
I should've mentioned 'Read the fine print'. The updated date on the page is 10/24 and since then we got UV Edit Pro, so maybe we should get Jet Stream for the additional wait we have endured. Sounds like a good idea to me.

WilliamVaughan
04-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Jet Stream is PC only...just in case u missed that...

gjjackson
04-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Hey, Proton's back. Great.

Gui Lo
04-12-2004, 12:01 AM
I agree with Pauland.
If you buy a car or even a computer the OEM controls the general design and developement and uses parts that fit well into the designs thinking.

I think FPrime either confirmed or showed the direction to take LW. Newtek can still develop the working philosophy while using third party products to achieve it. This should also encourage programmers that NewTek will help them and work with them more thoughtfully in future.

I think this is an ideal way to make best use of users while giving the users the "best" of the programming community.

Gui Lo