PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix Trilogy... now this is bad

SamuraiSlayer
04-08-2004, 08:50 PM
I know it's been a long time since the end, or should I say death, of the Matrix trilogical phenomenon, but I just happened to think of this after I saw the advertising of Revolutions (DVD).

The Matrix
The have-to-see movie of all time, and #5 box office leader of 1999. This movie was inventive, stylish, and new. Bullet-time was invented, and pulled off so smoothly that it shouldnt even be attempted by anyone else. (It was of course attempted though, in Charlies Angels I and II and also things like it in "The One") If any word fits the movie it would be "unique". Neo was enviable, with his trenchcoat and sunglasses. The Matrix, like Neo, was THE ONE.

The Matrix: Reloaded
Everything was nice but also disappointing in this movie. The movie was kind of chopped up into sections: action and drama. The drama parts of the movie were like reading a Shakespeare novel. They were so staged and word-filled that I didn't know if it was good acting or a bad script. The visual effects were nice but terrible. That 3D Neo had stretch marks on his face, his clothes looked like clay, and they were poorly animated. I still liked it though. Also the Neo flying scenes looked so gay and retarded (a flying human, come on) This movie is just nice to watch and... whatever

The Matrix: Revolutions
The trailer was promising, the movie was... I'm not sure. They had some more of the flying (and floating) Neo and also Smith, which of course just doesn't look right. I guess I could call this a satisfying end to the Matrix trilogy, because after seeing Reloaded, my expectations weren't very high. They overdid the visual fx, and that's what made me mad. Reloaded overdid the visual fx, set the bar too high, and Revolutions had to try to be better. In some ways this movie wasn't the end, but the death of the Matrix trilogy.

They used LW on a lot of Reloaded and Revolutions, but I think if they would have came to the Lightwave forum here at NewTek discussions, they could have found someone a lot better to do their visual fx than them overpayed idiots that actually worked on the movie.

I have to stop there because this has been sitting on my screen, typed for 2 days and I haven't finished it, lol

:)

give me your opinion

theazz
04-09-2004, 07:18 AM
no offense but ur falling for a comon misconception, Lightwave was bearly used in the matrix trilogy, not sure about the first one but i do no they only used Lightwave a little to edit the digital scans on the models of the virtual actors in reloaded and rev since LW is so good with lots of geometry, they didnt use it to aniamte anything or render anything.

NanoGator
04-14-2004, 03:22 PM
"Bullet time" was actually done before the Matrix came out. Lost in Space did it, and with fewer cameras too.

Aegis
04-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Lots of LightWave in Lost in Space too ;)

Red_Oddity
04-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by NanoGator
"Bullet time" was actually done before the Matrix came out. Lost in Space did it, and with fewer cameras too.

And before that actually, with the videoclip Underwater Love from Smoke City (that was back in 1997 and back then it was called time-slicing)

link: http://www.timeslicefilms.com/projects/smoke_city.shtml