PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Slo-Mo

RayLarson
04-08-2004, 07:13 AM
I do not use slo mo very much but recently have been tapped to do a weekely show for the Pawtucket Red Sox. I used several clips of slo mo in the fist show and noticed a drop in the resolution. I know there was some talk of an offset workaround but, at that point, it wasn't relative to the work I was doing. My questions are:

Does anyone else have or see this problem?

What is a good fix (if any)?

As always, thanks for your input and suggestions

Kurt_Henning
04-08-2004, 08:00 AM
I am aware of what you are talking about.

However, it is kind of an unwritten rule that 51% is as slow as you can go at the "good" resolution before the software has to do something that appears to create the blurry thing.

BTW, how are the Red Sox doing?

Are you switching live or doing a post show?

RayLarson
04-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the response Kurt. I am not doing anything lower than 65% so I should not be having a problem but I know I saw something about an offset to the x or y axis to correct it.

I am doing a show called "Talkin' Pawsox" for Cox Communications. We do it weekely with a flypack and 3 cameras and then I post it on the T3.

The Pawtucket red Sox are the AAA farm orginization for the Bostor Red Sox. I also work on camera during the games for both Cox and ESPN.

I am hoping the Red Sox beat the bambino curse this year but I have had my heart broken before.