PDA

View Full Version : Faster Hypervoxels and Volumetrics

Julez4001
04-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Is it possible to get a turbo boost in hypervoxel rendering?
Maybe progressive render something like rendering to the harddrive and it can be retrieve there when one has to re-render but not change the hv but its still integrated in the environment.

mkiii
04-08-2004, 01:18 AM
use sprite mode.

Exper
04-08-2004, 01:57 AM
Implementing the "Doubler" feature again! ;)

Mylenium
04-08-2004, 03:32 AM
Well, not meaning to insult you, but both your remarks are somwhat pointless.

a) For about 90% of work Sprite mode is useless.

b) Doubler wasn't really speeding things up that much and it's just another low quality way of playing tricks with volumetrics.

The simple fact is that LW's volumetrics are dead slow with somewhat insufficient quality in not so rare cases, no matter what you do. They really need a major rewrite along with some major enhancements in their usability. End of line.

Mylenium

Exper
04-08-2004, 03:54 AM
Mylenium...
Julez was speaking about "a turbo boost", so using sprites or having Doubler back is the faster way to get it!

Then... speaking about new features...
I agree that LW's volumetrics need a rewrite both in speed (mainly) and in quality (good in most cases) and usability.

We also need Streamer back expecially for homogeneous volumetric fxs...
or a different solution which takes in account the Voxels as the "vertex" of an unique volumetric.

Just my 0,00000000000000005 cents!

Julez4001
04-08-2004, 07:34 AM
3DSMAX has that afterburner and does just that - burns in render speed. I hope * have at least some minor-major speed increase.

Elmar Moelzer
04-08-2004, 08:20 AM
Well, I remember a time when Afterburner was about twice as slow as LWs Hpervoxels and not looking half as good. Seems like they improved it a lot since that time.
CU
Elmar

Exper
04-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Maybe NT will improve Hypervoxels too! :D

prometheus
04-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Yepp!! faster Hypervoxels are needed,and put in some more procedural textures..and more options.

And Do I wish there was a fluid system that could work together with
voxels...or alone.
a fluid system would realy realy boost up Lightwave when dealing with effects...just me dreaming,maybe in the future some day...