PDA

View Full Version : It's taken a year but I fianlly have my computer running. Need some help to complete.

INOV8Pro
03-18-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey Toaster World:

I'm almost there. I bought a VT2 last year at NAB and have suffered as it sat in the box. Pure agony. It took a full year to order the parts as I could afford them. Well, the computer is up and running and I'm nearly ready to install the VT2. I have a few questions.

1. What slot on my Supermicro P4DC6+ motherboard is the best slot for the VT2?

2. With the software that came in the box and the lastest build that I downloaded, what is the best way to install the software?

3. The Supermicro board came with software to install. One of the software drivers was "Intell Application Accelarator" Should I install this?

4. Any settings that I should be aware of in Widows 2000 or VT2 when installing. I've already read the Hyperthreading post and I will disable that in the BIOS.

Thanks for the help,

Paul:)

johnnylandrover
03-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Contact Blaine or Chris at VideoHardware.com or call them @ 1-877-203-0871. These two know the T2 better than anyone out there in the toaster world. I think this is were Newtek gets there help also:D

Good luck,

Johnny

Pete Draves
03-18-2003, 10:08 PM
you must install the intel 860 chipset INF files
Microsoft directx 8.1
and your scsi drivers if you need them
the lan should be loaded by the system
Make sure the audio jumper is set to off on the motherboard!
DO NOT INSTALL THE AUDIO OR THE APP ACCELERATOR!
The slot that seems to work best for the toaster is slot #2
the 2nd from the 64bit slots (see yiour book).

This is the only board that we use at Taylor Video and as we speak 2 are being set up now.

Pete Draves
System Integrator for
Taylor Video Milwaukee WI

INOV8Pro
03-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Thanks Johnny and Pete.

The system is coming together nicely. I just ran out and bought Windows XP and ordered the VT2 CD Upgrade from Newtek. I'll have to wait to get the update to install the VT2 but after waiting a year I can wait a little longer.

Thanks again,

Paul:D