PDA

View Full Version : frames offset in FCP..the frames are made in LW

Ge4-ce
04-07-2004, 02:08 AM
Hey everyone..

I've got a problem.. With Final Cut Pro 4.1 and frames made in LW.

I've rendered about 600 frames as .TGA 's.. I imported them as an Image sequence in Quicktime PRO and from there exported it as a Non-compressed Quicktime Movie.

So far, so good.

I then imported that movie in FCP 4.1 to edit it.

I cut the movie on several places and made a lot of Freeze Frames to applie FIXes to my animation.

No here's the problem: There seems to be a slight difference between the Frozen frame and a frame from the sequence!!

Basically what happens is this: when the movie plays, everytime I run into a fixed frame, the frame seems to move up by 1 or 2 pixels. There is no smooth transition between the 2 kinds of media namely "Stills and video"

This gives a jumpy and unprofessional look.

Does anyone know what went wrong??

drclare
04-07-2004, 10:22 AM
If you have the equipment, try viewing your sequence on a video monitor, it might not look wrong there. Or try exporting a quicktime movie of your sequence and see if it still looks funny. Sometimes the small viewer window in FCP can give you those weird anomilies in freeze frames and stills.

Ge4-ce
04-07-2004, 10:49 AM
Allright!! thanx for the advise, but it wasn't that! I figured it out. I had the wrong Field settings. I now changed it to Field "no fields" and the problem was gone.