PDA

View Full Version : My Psichodelic G3

chemaelizondo
04-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Recently my G3 Laptop has begun acting up.
Some lines of different colors (blue and yellow mostly) appear on screen Only whan Running LW, it happens with or without the USB hardware lock. both on LW Modeler as well as LW Layout.

Since its only happening when running LW I dont believe is the Modem Bord.

but than again...

Has anybody been through this kind of situation?
Does any one know any posible couse?

Would you guys say is hardware or software related?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

mlinde
04-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Do you have any other OpenGL applications? If so, do they act odd as well?

chemaelizondo
04-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by mlinde
Do you have any other OpenGL applications? If so, do they act odd as well?

Nope. I only have LW. Should I be suspicious of Open GL?
Is there a way to update it? or at least find out about the version Im running?

Thanks

ray_tracer
04-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Sounds very much like a video card problem I had with my G3 tower. Swapped the old card for a new one and the problem disappeared (well, for a year, at least......then the lines cropped up again. Ugh.) I was told that the lines might just indicate a need to reinstall the video card drivers (or download and install an update) but, alas, in my case it was more serious.

Try reinstalling/updating the drivers and see what happens....

chemaelizondo
04-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by ray_tracer
Sounds very much like a video card problem...
Try reinstalling/updating the drivers and see what happens....

Does any one know where I can download the latest drivers?

Im running LW on a Laptop PowerBook G3 400 mhz (bronce keyboard), with no special gadgets or external video cards or anything besides the ones that it came with.

Are the pertinent drivers dowloadable from some place or should I stick with what was installed in OS 10.3.3 ?

Thanks

JM

ray_tracer
04-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Take a look at the documentation that came with your laptop to see what video card it shipped with. As far as I know, it's either an ATI or nVidia card. Then go to the appropriate website site and search for drivers for that card.

Alternatively, you could try reinstalling the drivers you'll find on your system software CD. If it's just a matter of corrupted files, that might do the trick.

sketchyjay
04-09-2004, 10:09 PM
those old black powerbooks (i had all of them) all use ati cards.

Run first aid and their are utilities to check the drive as a super user by booting into the commandline when the computer starts.

check your documentation on how to do that. I had weird open GL problems with my pismo around 10.2.? 10.2.8 fix it though.