sKb875
04-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Here's another render

sKb875
04-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Hehe yet another. :) This is my last render I'm gonna post of this Mercedes. :P

Fate
04-11-2004, 05:08 AM
The model is acceptable , but the texture needs more detail.... Still not real enough.... one could easily say it's a 3D Object. Also , there's something really strange about that mirror.... wouldn't you add more detail to it ?
I like the lights, those are ok.
Hmmm... try the G2 plugins.... they can work wonders... hmm.. quite expensive though.... anyway, nice work on the model, and don't give up, never give up, perfectionism is one hell of an enemy for all 3D artists. It's also a goal though.

Oh, and one more thing: never say "last render" , it just doesn't go with this job.

Imatk
04-12-2004, 05:36 PM
After modeling one of these myself I know this car quite intimately.

You have the basic shapes down pretty well, but you still need quite a bit of modeling work if you want it to look real.

Mainly the model right now lacks detail. There are details in the side skirts that are missing, and elsewhere.

Your rearview mirrors are too low-poly. You need to get rid of those hard edges. Also your rims for your wheels are too simple.

Take a look at real SLK wheels. They don't look like that for one and there is a lot more detail in them.

Sooo basically you still need to work on this. Once you get a good, detailed model it will sell the realism for you.

Good luck :)