PDA

View Full Version : Render Farm & switch Screen ?

id-box
04-06-2004, 01:32 AM
Hi everybody

I need to make a render farm with for or five MAC - G4/G5 & Lightwave
for a long animation to be render.
I can't find (like on PC render Farm) a switch screen.
Can someone have an idea ? I need to have one screen for one mac or there is another way ?

Thanks in advance for all your help

id-box

mlinde
04-06-2004, 07:43 AM
Do you mean a KVM? (A box that switches between monitors/keyboards/mice for computers)
If so, just do a search for KVM, and make sure you get one with USB or Mac support. I've seen them online.

Zarathustra
04-06-2004, 07:52 AM
I use Iogear Miniview 4 port KVMP.

id-box
04-06-2004, 08:06 AM
I check Iogear site. I forgot to tell you i have a display cinema screen. And i think this material doesnt have a plug for this screen isn't it ?

id-box

Zarathustra
04-06-2004, 08:18 AM
The cables that come with it are for a standard monitor. You'd need a dv adapter to connect to an LCD screen. The cinema display doesn't come with one?

id-box
04-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Well i just check again and there is an ADC KVM just for 2 computer but for start its enought :) i ask IOgear if they plan more than 2 computers

Thanks everybody

id-box

Zarathustra
04-06-2004, 08:56 AM
This is the new version of what I have:
http://iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&product_id=284

Model GCS1714

4 computers can be connected to 1 monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Johnny
04-06-2004, 09:49 AM
I've had good luck with Dr. Bott KVM switches...I first owned their 4-port setup, which worked great except that it doesn't handle apple's special monitor connector for LCDs.

Returned the unit for their ADC unit, which also works great, except that they only offer a 2-computer unit...which seems dumb to me. the company said that they had plans to offer a 4-computer unit, just nothing definitely planned.

the dr. bott units use bounceless, I think "passive" switched which don't interfere with 3rd party mice and keyboard drivers, which is a huge bonus; I'd had trouble with that with Iogear's switch; the track ball's functions wouldn't work..buttons would click, but they wouldn't execute their assigned functions.

J

id-box
04-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Have you the link of Dr. Bott site ?

id-box

Johnny
04-06-2004, 09:53 AM
right here: http://www.drbott.com/

J

oh, great...NOW they offer a 4-port unit in ADC!!

id-box
04-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the link

I go to buy to Dr. Bott - There is a french site - Good news :)

There are 4 plug and support all display - very good

Thanks

id-box